Did Luffy Beat Kaido Fairly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Here's how pro-Law arguments work:

Law throws a stone at you and says "Shambles"... *Boom* You're hit with Gamma Knife. You're literally not allowed to dodge, defend, or even deflect it. Literally, no non-top-tier would have time to react to it.

Law just points his Kroom sword toward you in Gin Ichimaru-style and you just automatically get stabbed. Literally no room for a counter.

He throws some rocks at you using Takt or something and you can't possibly react to his consecutive attack. Once again, almost no non-top-tier has the reasons and skills to counter both.

His purpose is to revenge his clan. After that... who knows?

He can still fight but would not fight at such high level. Not sure but I guess he can change after Phantom Trupe is done.
I mean I know HXH characters aren’t righteous warriors of justice so once he achieves his goal he doesn’t have any further reason to continue fighting and maybe will retire like Gon and Killua

Law throws a stone at you and says "Shambles"... *Boom* You're hit with Gamma Knife. You're literally not allowed to dodge, defend, or even deflect it. Literally, no non-top-tier would have time to react to it.

Law just points his Kroom sword toward you in Gin Ichimaru-style and you just automatically get stabbed. Literally no room for a counter.

He throws some rocks at you using Takt or something and you can't possibly react to his consecutive attack. Once again, almost no non-top-tier has the reasons and skills to counter both.
Nice fanfic

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars

Just because Big Mom couldn’t counter Law doesn’t mean others can’t. Doflamingo was making Law look like a complete jobber.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Luffy literally used haki to escape his own cuffs.

And Yamato used Haki to hurt ulti
Stop skipping classes.

Luffy couldn't use Haki before removing the sea stone cuffs:

Bottom right^^ and bear in mind that this isn't even pure sea stone, they've designed it to allow even normal people with DFs to work meaning they'd work even less on Luffy.

Queen deliberately removed their cuffs before starting the tournament:

Their colors were never confirmed to be sea stone while Yamato's cuffs were confirmed to be sea stone.

yeah. seastone blocks devil fruits not haki
See above.

Stop skipping classes.

Bottom right^^ and bear in mind that this isn't even pure sea stone, they're designed to allow even normal people with DFs to work meaning they'd work even less on Luffy.

Their colors were never confirmed to be sea stone while Yamato's cuffs were confirmed to be sea stone.

See above.
I can admit I was wrong on the first point

but Yamato literally used Haki against Ulti, the proof is right there

“Law got manhandled by Doffy” - took place like a decade ago bruh, Doffy manhandled g2/g3 Luffy too but no one seems to remember. Will Doffy manhandle g2 Luffy now I wonder?
“Bad durability, didn’t tank TB” - bitch he literally took on TB and multiple hits from BM on/off-screen. All that and he’s still up right now
“Law is shit in a 1v1, has no skills” - pulling out anything just to try and downplay :yasu:. Law has one of the best feats in the whole arc, Luffy needed g5 to recreate what Law just did. Law has top 4 AP in Wano

Last edited:
Stop skipping classes.

Bottom right^^ and bear in mind that this isn't even pure sea stone, they've designed it to allow even normal people with DFs to work meaning they'd work even less on Luffy.

See above.
Nowhere says sea stones prevents DF users to use haki.

Yamato black lightning is clear indication that she is using not only haki but ACoC.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
I can admit I was wrong on the first point

but Yamato literally used Haki against Ulti, the proof is right there
As I said, even sea stone cuffs that allowed Luffy to move around like nothing didn't allow him to use Haki. So we have no reason to believe Yamato is somehow better than Luffy. And the lightning effect was used for non-Haki-based attacks too. I can't recall the exact instances but it did happen here and there. I'd like to think Oda just made a mistake there.

As I said, even sea stone cuffs that allowed Luffy to move around like nothing didn't allow him to use Haki. So we have no reason to believe Yamato is somehow better than Luffy. And the lightning effect was used for non-Haki-based attacks too. I can't recall the exact instances but it did happen here and there. I'd like to think Oda just made a mistake there.
It wasn’t fixed in the volume so no, it wasn’t a mistake

you can just admit you were wrong like you always are

I mean I know HXH characters aren’t righteous warriors of justice so once he achieves his goal he doesn’t have any further reason to continue fighting and maybe will retire like Gon and Killua
None of them retired. Wtf?

Gon lost his Nen but will work hard to get it back.
And Killua... not sure what he wants in life.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
It wasn’t fixed in the volume so no, it wasn’t a mistake

you can just admit you were wrong like you always are
Not everything gets fixed in the volumes. It's a fact you can't use Haki even with low-quality sea stone cuffs and it's also a fact that Yamato's cuffs are sea stone. You can't have it both ways.

Not everything gets fixed in the volumes. It's a fact you can't use Haki even with low-quality sea stone cuffs and it's also a fact that Yamato's cuffs are sea stone. You can't have it both ways.
The ones in Udon were specifically designed to be different, no reason to think Yamato’s weren’t custom made either

Status
Not open for further replies.