Rottkins

✯ ✧ 𝔾 𝕠 𝕕 𝕠 𝕗 𝕃 𝕚 𝕖 𝕤 ✧ ✯
WELL... Yamato is no match to Barto who is a straight up picture of the One Piece fanboy :kayneshrug: but true they are Mary Sue-ish at that point. To everything joins the fact that they are DF user with a pretty cool fruit.

I agree having two characters connected to Ace was a bit too much, but I think her character as a whole has a nice potential path. Problem is Oda can easily fuck that up
One reason I hate this too is because it gives more emphasis to Luffy messiah statut that i absolutely loathe.
Straw hats couldn't care less if Luffy was joyboy/nika parallels/reincartion. It has absolutely nothing to do with why they love him. They started admiring him because he's Luffy, the selfish yet good natured skinny kid with the heads full of dream that helped them. Not because his words were a direct parallels to that of the previous king or because he's the brother of someone else.
But to be fair to her, it's not Yamato's fault herself but me absolutely hating the direction Oda is taking with Luffy's character. Luffy used to be in my top 5 characters.. now I barely feel anything whenever i see him on-screen.

Queen got screwed the most.

He has an awesomely terrifying virus that turns people against each other and kills them in an hour.

Has one antidote that can cure one person.

But then Marco the random Phoenix comes and is the perfect counter to his specific virus and some Tanuki with a bounty of 100 can then 1 antidote into a “counter virus”.

Like, the poor guy needs a training arc to surpass these fucking cheaters
There was so much of this going on this arc

Tama being the perfect counter to the smile users

Marco being the perfect counter to the Ice Oni

Luffy being the perfect counter to tanking lightning attacks from Big Mom

All the Roof 5 having perfect counters to damage Kaido's insides and ignore his scales, also the Scabbards too

The full moon night to power up the Minks and destroy Jack and Perospero

That fucking waterfall keeping the Big Mom Pirates away the entire arc

feels like everything was setup for the Alliance to win

that's why we were hoping Kaido and Big Mom are not done, because their defeat didn't feel earned

Kaido has had final villain like hype since thriller bark lol
Nah never tbh. He was always known to be the big boss of the long awaited Wano arc and we already knew that that arc won't be endgame material.

BB always seemed like that person until Imu appeared. Imu just makes sense. The final villain needs to be someone deep in the lore of the series which is the ancient kingdom in this case.

One reason I hate this too is because it gives more emphasis to Luffy messiah statut that i absolutely loathe.
Straw hats couldn't care less if Luffy was joyboy/nika parallels/reincartion. It has absolutely nothing to do with why they love him. They started admiring him because he's Luffy, the selfish yet good natured skinny kid with the heads full of dream that helped them. Not because his words were a direct parallels to that of the previous king or because he's the brother of someone else.
But to be fair to her, it's not Yamato's fault herself but me absolutely hating the direction Oda is taking with Luffy's character. Luffy used to be in my top 5 characters.. now I barely feel anything whenever i see him on-screen.
oh yeah that's one of Wano's low. Luffy confirmed to be pirate jesus

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
There was so much of this going on this arc

Tama being the perfect counter to the smile users

Marco being the perfect counter to the Ice Oni

Luffy being the perfect counter to tanking lightning attacks from Big Mom

All the Roof 5 having perfect counters to damage Kaido's insides and ignore his scales, also the Scabbards too

The full moon night to power up the Minks and destroy Jack and Perospero

That fucking waterfall keeping the Big Mom Pirates away the entire arc

feels like everything was setup for the Alliance to win

that's why we were hoping Kaido and Big Mom are not done, because their defeat didn't feel earned
Exactly on the unearned part. It honestly feels like the SHs soloed the beast pirates. The samurai felt inconsequential and the supernova barely managed to KO Linlin thanks island blowing bombs

One reason I hate this too is because it gives more emphasis to Luffy messiah statut that i absolutely loathe. [...] Luffy used to be in my top 5 characters.. now I barely feel anything whenever i see him on-screen.
This! 100% One of my biggest personal criticism of One Piece post ts. The luffy praisal just got out of hands and luffy is happily bathing in it only to be cockier with each arc. Not even the Kata fight humbled him. It's become so much that I feel honestly sorry for his crew at this point even though they know what they signed up for.