Speculations Is Wano Really Zoro’s Arc? The Difference Between a Broken Promise and an Unfulfilled Expectation.

Has Oda ever promised for Wano to be Zoro's arc?

• Yes

Votes: 16 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 85 69.1%
  • It was only foreshadowed

Votes: 22 17.9%

• Total voters

d.o.m.i.n.a.t.i.o.n.
Feel free to present anything close to this from Luffy's side who apparently was equal according to you.
But Luffy won in the end. Your power is the sum of all your stats. Katakuri might had more Attack Power, but due to Luffy's even greater stamina, he won. Apart from that, Luffy has a mode that is focused around attack as well. Boundman's KKG broke through god thread + spider web and sent Doflamingo down with such force that it folded a part of the city.

You obviously dont know what you are talking about.
You haven't brought up a single instance which supports your assertion.

As I said, there are several instances speaking against your claim. Do and believe whatever you want but your assertion was proven wrong.

He never saw further because the future no longer is same.
Nothing but pure conjecture.

Luffy explaining Hyo how to dodge these attacks in 3 steps literally contradicts your baseless claim.

Additionally, I'm borrowing @Bogard's panel to show you what I mean:

You are wrong.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
But Luffy won in the end. Your power is the sum of all your stats. Katakuri might had more Attack Power, but due to Luffy's even greater stamina, he won. Apart from that, Luffy has a mode that is focused around attack as well. Boundman's KKG broke through god thread + spider web and sent Doflamingo down with such force that it folded a part of the city.
You missed the point of our whole argument...
Luffy has never demonstrated permanent FS up-time, not even close nor is he more lethal than King with his aCoA.
Back to the original statement that just because you beat one YC1 doesnt mean you can beat them all.
You haven't brought up a single instance which supports your assertion.

As I said, there are several instances speaking against your claim. Do and believe whatever you want but your assertion was proven wrong.

Nothing but pure conjecture.

Luffy explaining Hyo how to dodge these attacks in 3 steps literally contradicts your baseless claim.

Additionally, I'm borrowing @Bogard's panel to show you what I mean:

You are wrong.
The more you post the more you prove that you dont know what you are saying.
If he could see past the intervention, Katakuri would have seen Sanji dodged his bean. Now, be a good boy and tell me, did he see that?

Luffy has never demonstrated permanent FS up-time
He did in Udon. Inb4 you say Luffy did not master FS in his fight with Katakuri but when he was sailing to Wano.
nor is he more lethal than King with his aCoA
Well, Luffy has advCoA as well now. And now imagine a KKG with advanced Haki into King's face.
he more you post the more you prove that you dont know what you are saying.
If he could see past the intervention, Katakuri would have seen Sanji dodged his bean. Now, be a good boy and tell me, did he see that?
Maybe Luffy's FS is already ahead of Katakuri's. We ain't gonna ignore that panel Sentinel posted, are we? :yasu:

The more you post the more you prove that you dont know what you are saying.
You still haven't brought anything credible.

Do me a favor and try it again.

If he could see past the intervention, Katakuri would have seen Sanji dodged his bean.
Katakuri saw:
1.) Pudding failing to attempt the assassination
2.) Sanji dodging the bullet of that fodder
3.) Threw his jelly bean but he didn't expect that Sanji would have dodged this as well.

Besides, why are you ignoring that panel of Luffy explaining Hyo every single step? It is not convenient enough?
This discussion would have been done if you simply admitted that you were wrong but go ahead and waste my time even further.

Once again: Additionally, I'm borrowing @Bogard's panel to show you what I mean:

You are wrong.

Now, be a good boy and tell me, did he see that?
Instead of acting like a sore loser by playing dumb and ignorant on purpose, you can simply address my point with a legitimate counter argument but I guess, that's not simply your level...

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
He did in Udon. Inb4 you say Luffy did not master FS in his fight with Katakuri but when he was sailing to Wano.
Well, Luffy has advCoA as well now. And now imagine a KKG with advanced Haki into King's face.
Maybe Luffy's FS is already ahead of Katakuri's. We ain't gonna ignore that panel Sentinel posted, are we? :yasu:
No, he did not. He toyed with fodder before Udon too, that means absolutely nothing until he proves it against an actual opponent and he failed to do that 3 times, 2 times of those 3 was in Udon. Try again.
Imagine King's sword in Luffy's face. One will stay alive, the other will miss half a head.
3.) Threw his jelly bean but he didn't expect that Sanji would have dodged this as well.
Stop the excuses lol. "He didnt expect..." My ass, he cant see the result of that, no FS user can.
Katakuri throwing the bean is the intervention. He never sees after the intervention.
No wonder y'all are wanking the condom so much, now it is all clear, because you don't know how FS works, lmao.

Stop the excuses lol.
That literally happened lol.

My ass, he cant see the result of that, no FS user can.
Mate, Katakuri saw 2 key moments when he finally decided to throw his jelly bean at Sanji after seeing that he was going to dodge the bullet from that fodder anyway.
That's why his reaction was this: "He dodged that too?!".

I'm not inventing anything here.

Katakuri throwing the bean is the intervention.
Katakuri seeing the future of Pudding failing to assassinate Sanji, saw another future of Sanji dodging a bullet this time isn't the intervention?

Anyway, what's your answer against that Luffy and Hyo panel?

No wonder y'all are wanking the condom so much, now it is all clear, because you don't know how FS works, lmao.
There are several users providing their claims with evidence and you of all people say, they simply do not know how FS works.

You are a real laughing stock, dude.

Besides:
Maybe Luffy's FS is already ahead of Katakuri's. We ain't gonna ignore that panel Sentinel posted, are we?
I guess you are wanking the condom better than we do. :kayneshrug:

He toyed with fodder before Udon too, that means absolutely nothing until he proves it against an actual opponent and he failed to do that 3 times, 2 times of those 3 was in Udon.
You are truly a disgusting troll, lmao.

It doesn't matter if he used this ability on fodders or not since his accuracy on Hyo was on point with several steps.
Also, he already demonstrated his FS mastery against an actual FS user but I guess, that doesn't count either, huh?

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Mate, Katakuri saw 2 key moments when he finally decided to throw his jelly bean
Wow, you still dont get it... He can see 100 key moments, that is irrelevant. As long as he doesnt intervenes, not changes. His intervention is what changes the future which he saw and that future from that moment no longer plays out how he saw it because people react to his intervention, which isnt present in the future he observes, he cannot see himself intervening.
Katakuri seeing the future of Pudding failing to assassinate Sanji, saw another future of Sanji dodging a bullet this time isn't the intervention?
Watching Pudding fall, watching Sanji dodge the priest... Where is Katakuri in those instances? Nowhere.
Shooting a bean is the intervention and voila, he cant see the result of it.
Anyway, what's your answer against that Luffy and Hyo panel?
Yes, the Hyo panels works for your argument, the only thing that supports your argument. Neither the Armadilo nor the Alpacaman should shoot a gun/swing a swing at Hyo because Alpaca's spit should have dealt with him, thus neither of those other two should have happened. It is practically impossible that Luffy could have seen those Hyo's scenes because the future he observed should have ended with step 1 - the spit taking out Hyo. Oda obviously doesnt care about consistency and such scenes are empty hype, I have said several times not to wank empty hype but oh well, be my guest.
EDIT: I got the order of steps wrong but you get my point. Madillo-mans shots are what should have ended the future sight.
You are a real laughing stock, dude.
Am I? I am not the one who is wanking rubberman based on false info, lol.
he already demonstrated his FS mastery against an actual FS user but I guess, that doesn't count either, huh?
How exactly did he demonstrate it? By using it here and there? If that is what you consider FS master that's like winning a lottery...
Pay more attention to what actually happens in combat against proper opponents instead of fodder hype moments...

Last edited:
Offer up his flesh when his stamina ran out lol

Killer escaping after Kaido wrecked them was a bonus. It's not like anyone in the prison had a reaction as to how he ended up back in custody.

It's not a hypothetical argument so much as an exaggerated point to compare to WCI, where the entire plot centered around the Vinsmoke Charlotte marriage. Sanji hit every development checklist and Zoro's role in Wano doesn't compare. WCI was also the third important arc for Jinbe who technically isn't with the crew yet.

Zoro had the shortest recruitment arc and shortest flashback, and his only real follow up was Thriller Bark. Compared to Nami joining and getting Along Park, or Robin joining and getting EL not to mention an obviously big future plot. Zoro has been around the longest and hasn't wavered, so I would hope you're really not trying to disagree that he should have a lot more if this is the "year of Zoro."
At the end of the day Oda still chose to write WCI, just like he chose to write Wano.

Yes, WCI did focus alot Sanji and it should have. The Vinsmoke family played a major role in the era and Sanji is a Vinsmoke. It revealed why Sanji is a chef. Unlike Wano, WCI was a much smaller era. Half of the Straw Hats weren't even there. Wano era is huge. That requires more characters so alot of characters will receive some focus. Remember, Wano is not over. You and others talk like the era has ended. It's far from over.

More importantly, Zoro is a combatant. He has always shined the most during battle. The main battle hasn't even begun. It will be a huge battle, possibly the biggest battle in the One Piece world. Oda is not done focusing on Zoro. In fact, how he's developed Zoro has led up to this point in the manga. That includes not only the development he has received in Wano but his deep connection to Wano that is slowly being revealed.

Look at it:
- Zoro is on his journey to be the world's strongest swordsmen and he's on an island full of swordsman
- Zoro's basic swordsman style comes from Wano
- all three of his current swords, one he received at the beginning of his journey and the other early on as a straw hat, were created by blacksmiths from Wano
- he was given one of Oden's swords
- Wado and Emma were created by the same person
- he possessed Shusui, Ryuma's sword, who is the most famous swordsman from Wano
- twice he's been asked if his three sword style is an act
- it was hinted he could forge enma into a black blade
- and the list goes on.

This doesn't even include his connection to Ryuma that's been hinted.

Clearly, Zoro's development and focus is not done.

At the end of the day Oda still chose to write WCI, just like he chose to write Wano.

Yes, WCI did focus alot Sanji and it should have. The Vinsmoke family played a major role in the era and Sanji is a Vinsmoke. It revealed why Sanji is a chef. Unlike Wano, WCI was a much smaller era. Half of the Straw Hats weren't even there. Wano era is huge. That requires more characters so alot of characters will receive some focus. Remember, Wano is not over. You and others talk like the era has ended. It's far from over.
Zoro is a fighter where Sanji is a chef. His big moment at WCI was making the cake... but he didn't sit in the background on a third string plot until it it was time to bake. Comparing Zoro's relevance in Wano to arcs where other characters were most relevant puts him at a disadvantage. It's not over but with there being so many characters due their screen time it's not great. We've been sitting on the Usopp Haki plot for years, Franky should have some new tricks up his sleeve, Brooke and Chopper vowed to get stronger, and the other freaking Yonko is obsessed with getting her weapon back from Nami. Sure those might be smaller, but they add up and realistically Zoro will have to take third place given the Auction Trio and Scabbards vs Orochi plots to begin with.

That includes not only the development he has received in Wano but his deep connection to Wano that is slowly being revealed.
His connection isn't that deep. Not until it somehow is discovered and matters to anyone besides Kotetsu that the Shimotsuki geezer fled to his hometown, or that he obtained Shusui by Ryuma's spirit or its own choosing. I was all excited to see him "lead the samurai" and right now it's a nod from Kawamatsu and the possibility that Denjiro was impressed by nerfed Zoro putting up a decent fight. You mention stats for his swords but I care more about his character and so far I'm just not impressed with what's going on.