Smoothie

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even at gun point , I am not gonna like this shitty character.
Caribou better
The main reason I wanted Yamato to join SHs was that...in the end, SHs are shit...no one is actively looking for adventure(even robin also is just reading stuff when they find a phoneglyph not actively involved and discussing stuff like how Roger used to do with his crew).....And then came Yamato with actual info and the urge to solve the mysteries... I hoped using her oda will actually use her for good discussion on moving forward and actually choosing a proper destination for their goals not for random plots accidentally being aligned with their goals too..................
But seems like oda just wants to wank Oden for the rest of the series too :whitepress:

Ya'll keep expecting a bait and switch. First it was the flying six, then it was the calamities, then it was ZKK, and now it's Yamato. Ya'll made fun of @Paperchampion23 for it for months even though he only said it was possible and now you're doing the same thing, only it's 10x worse because you should have learned from the last 4 times and ya'll are being cocky about it.
For myself i always agreed with Paperchampion's opinions(aside Carrot) until he went to the dark side..

Ya'll keep expecting a bait and switch. First it was the flying six, then it was the calamities, then it was ZKK, and now it's Yamato. Ya'll made fun of @Paperchampion23 for it for months even though he only said it was possible and now you're doing the same thing, only it's 10x worse because you should have learned from the last 4 times and ya'll are being cocky about it.
Nah I disagree tbh. I don't think the tobiroppo or the calamities getting up ever made much sense because those are only the warm-ups to the actually important and climactic parts of the arc.

Now we are at a point where:
-Kaido and BM have lost, but we don't actually know what happened to them. In Kaido's own introduction we were told that he is impossible to kill, so it hardly makes sense for his fate to be so vague as drowning in lava.
-The people in the Flower Capital still have no idea what the hell happened, and their only information comes from Momonosuke telling them that they no longer have to worry about Kaido.
-We still don't know why Kaido came to Wano and how Wano is related to the One Piece...Kaido's backstory was barely a couple pages long
-We've gotten zero clarification on what toki's prophecy was actually referring to
-We know absolutely nothing about Zoro's real connection to Wano & the Shimotsuki, zero update on the grim reaper, zero info on black blades, etc

When have we ever had this many unresolved plot points going into the post-arc?

I still have my doubts about joining, I’m not going to die on this hill or anything but I just don’t see Yamato as true Strawhat material…. The lack of a compelling backstory being a major factor.

Although I suppose maybe Oden’s flashback qualifies as her flashback just like Fisher Tiger/Otohime’s flashbacks counted as Jinbe’s?

Status
Not open for further replies.