Smoothie

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oda has completely lost the plot.

Nothing more to say tbh.
I hate to agree but yeah….. Maybe if the arc ended several chapters ago and Luffy did something besides punch Kaido really hard to defeat him it would’ve been better but this just feels super anti-climatic right now. This is definitely not what I expected to feel after 4 years of Wano and 10 years of the Pirate Alliance/Yonko Saga(s).

I mean it’s not like I want my money back but like… can the next time Oda screws us over can it be on the house?

I hate to agree but yeah….. Maybe if the arc ended several chapters ago and Luffy did something besides punch Kaido really hard to defeat him it would’ve been better but this just feels super anti-climatic right now. This is definitely not what I expected to feel after 4 years of Wano and 10 years of the Pirate Alliance/Yonko Saga(s).

I mean it’s not like I want my money back but like… can the next time Oda screws us over can it be on the house?
You pay for One Piece?

Like it’s weird because this isn’t necessarily Oda’s fault because he never explicitly stated that the ending would be groundbreaking or thought provoking… It’s just like, I don’t like One Piece anymore or any less after reading through the end of Wano? I just like it the same.

And I’m sure that’s not how most of us expected to feel at the end of what is likely Oda’s magnum opus.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Most Zoro fans at least. A lot of people enjoyed the chapters. Look at the ratings in the discussion threads.
Ratings in the discussion thread doesn't mean much.

Wano ending isn't living upto so many years of build up we had.

Oda literally lost the plot here.

WCI and Wano were part of yonkou saga - Two yonkou crews and all got done in dirty with exception of Kaido. Even kaido the main antagonist got done in the end without proper back story.

SHs as a crew got sidelined.

Mysteries piled up instead of resolving them.

Haki and awakening were given but not once chapters were dedicated to explain them properly.

Momo and Scabbards took to much on panel time at the cost of other important stuffs.

Joyboy remain mystery. Oda didn't flesh out Gear 5 at all except showing how goofy it is

I mean you can like this arc and it's your choice but zoro has nothing to do with it.

So guys, am I just depressed or have these last 3-4 chapters being unbelievably dissatisfying for anyone else? I’m not saying they’re bad… It’s just like a general feeling of “That’s it?”. Is it just me?
you are not alone i at least know 10+ people that didn't like it and they're not in WG or Tweeter None of them is a ZKK supporter like me
for me its way more than 3-4 chapter im not a fan of df change and g5

That the fights didn't end with us seeing the strawhats win. We saw a big attack and then it cut away. No victory declaration from the narrator, no panels of the winner, no panels of the flying six actually down. It was suspicious. Then they brought up panels of earlier fights like Franky in Ennies Lobby where chapters ended with a big finisher attack double spread only for the fight to continue in the next chapter.
I will say, those sound like pretty good arguments, but I still stand by the notion that Kaido's ending is a million times more important than all of the tobiroppo & calamities combined.Kaido is the source of anguish for the people of Wano and he is the object of their hatred. For them to not even know what happened or actually see that they are free from Kaido is just not how Oda tends to write climaxes. And I emphasize that for Wano because it is the end of the biggest saga so far in One Piece. Never before have we had build-up to an arc and a villain that spanned almost 400 chapters.

If you look at the endings of every other major arc/saga like Arlong Park, Alabasta, Skypiea, Enies Lobby, Dressrosa, etc., they follow a very similar pattern in the end. We have all the people who are subjected to torment by the villain gathered in the same place with some kind of tense situation occurring alongside Luffy's fight with the villain. Then, we have the massive moment of relief when both the villain and the tense situation are resolved consecutively. Think of Arlong Park being destroyed by Arlong's defeat, rain returning to Alabasta and the war stopping as a result of Crocodile's defeat, the people of Skypiea being saved from Enel's wrath as a result of his defeat, the birdcage in Dressrosa disappearing as Doflamingo is KO'd, etc.

In Wano, the red flag is that the tense situation for the people seems to only come AFTER the villain is defeated. The entire Flower Capital have no idea that Onigashima was approaching towards them. Only after Kaido was defeated did the explosions start and they started to feel some kind of tension. And even that seems to be resolved for now.

Besides overarching thematic sequences, we have tangible plot points that have not been touched. I don't think it is expecting too much to think Oda will expand upon why Kaido came to Wano and how Wano contains clues to the One Piece, when he himself talked about it and hinted at it. I don't think it is expecting too much to think Oda will explain why Zoro saw a damn grim reaper lmao. Or that Oda will explain how Zoro coming to Wano was "fate" or literally every Zoro-related plot that exists in Wano because pretty much none of them have been touched besides Zoro finally getting CoC. And on top of that, we have zero idea what toki's prophecy refers to even though we were reminded of it no less than 2 chapters ago

Like it’s weird because this isn’t necessarily Oda’s fault because he never explicitly stated that the ending would be groundbreaking or thought provoking… It’s just like, I don’t like One Piece anymore or any less after reading through the end of Wano? I just like it the same.

And I’m sure that’s not how most of us expected to feel at the end of what is likely Oda’s magnum opus.
Hum, he actually did. This isnt the ending tho

I will say, those sound like pretty good arguments, but I still stand by the notion that Kaido's ending is a million times more important than all of the tobiroppo & calamities combined.Kaido is the source of anguish for the people of Wano and he is the object of their hatred. For them to not even know what happened or actually see that they are free from Kaido is just not how Oda tends to write climaxes. And I emphasize that for Wano because it is the end of the biggest saga so far in One Piece. Never before have we had build-up to an arc and a villain that spanned almost 400 chapters.

If you look at the endings of every other major arc/saga like Arlong Park, Alabasta, Skypiea, Enies Lobby, Dressrosa, etc., they follow a very similar pattern in the end. We have all the people who are subjected to torment by the villain gathered in the same place with some kind of tense situation occurring alongside Luffy's fight with the villain. Then, we have the massive moment of relief when both the villain and the tense situation are resolved consecutively. Think of Arlong Park being destroyed by Arlong's defeat, rain returning to Alabasta and the war stopping as a result of Crocodile's defeat, the people of Skypiea being saved from Enel's wrath as a result of his defeat, the birdcage in Dressrosa disappearing as Doflamingo is KO'd, etc.

In Wano, the red flag is that the tense situation for the people seems to only come AFTER the villain is defeated. The entire Flower Capital have no idea that Onigashima was approaching towards them. Only after Kaido was defeated did the volcano erupt and they started to feel some kind of tension. And even that seems to be resolved for now.

Besides overarching thematic sequences, we have tangible plot points that have not been touched. I don't think it is expecting too much to think Oda will expand upon why Kaido came to Wano and how Wano contains clues to the One Piece, when he himself talked about it and hinted at it. I don't think it is expecting too much to think Oda will explain why Zoro saw a damn grim reaper lmao. Or that Oda will explain how Zoro coming to Wano was "fate" or literally every Zoro-related plot that exists in Wano because pretty much none of them have been touched besides Zoro finally getting CoC. And on top of that, we have zero idea what toki's prophecy refers to even though we were reminded of it no less than 2 chapters ago
I agree with everything you've said.

This is the calm before the storm.

Magically? He worked for Ryou in Udon. He has been using the devil fruit since the very beginning and awakened it after 1040+ chapters. He learnt adv CoC after being hit with it multiple times. He was defeated so what? Asspull would be he not bekng defeated and neg diffing Kaido. I cannot believe how anti Luffy fans feel Luffy has asspull powerups when he has been working hard for it and had to die to achieve them. Asspull would be getting a magic sword and learning advCoC immediately but I don't call it asspull so just because your headcannon isn't true or your favorite is way below Luffy doesn't make it asspull.
Neither ACoC nor awakening were even fully explained before Luffy got them. Yes, they are asspulls and you don't need to defend Oda this hard.

You ever notice how Luffy is the only character this happens to? Doffy never got a haki boost when he was on the verge of losing. Kata never got a haki boost when he was on the verge of losing.

Luffy is the only character who perpetually is just handed power ups like this. So yeah, its plot. And admitting this doesn't make me "anti-luffy" or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.