Smoothie

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, all in (current) review of this raid, it could have been FAR worse than people realize:

- Oda could have not only fully offscreened Jack and Peros, but not even give them finishing blows
- He could have pulled a Dressrosa on nearly every F6 member, instead he only did it to P1 and Ulti where only a few blows are shown onscreen and the fights are resolved in 1 chapter. At least WsW, Black Maria and Sasaki all had more than a chapter of fighting (Sasaki and Franky had additional fighting in 1004)

- Queen and King could have gotten short, 1 chapter fights. Instead Oda extended many scenes between 1022 and 1035.

- BM could have been made irrelevant in one chapter, but he gave her 3 dedicated chapters, more if you include 1029-1031.

- He could have fodderized the red scabbards, instead he used practically every single one in major scenes (except Kawamatsu....why didn't he also do some Fishman water technique stuff with Raizo's water at least?)

- Luffy vs Kaido could have ended in 1042. Oda "could" have made Kaido lose to Gear 4 and only left AdvCoC as the big powerup this arc.

- In some ways, the rooftop fight made things slow as shit, but it also helped give the Yonkos the initial onscreen fighting they needed to justify just how strong they are. Imagine not getting it and only getting what we got after the fact?

Sure, there are things I wanted (BMP, all strawhats to fight along with Yamato getting a matchup, as well as Bepo), but man for a 75 chapter fight sequence, it's shocking how many good doublespreads there are, or how much we actually got in retrospect. Not all of it is "good", it just could have been far worse.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Honestly, all in (current) review of this raid, it could have been FAR worse than people realize:

- Oda could have not only fully offscreened Jack and Peros, but not even give them finishing blows
- He could have pulled a Dressrosa on nearly every F6 member, instead he only did it to P1 and Ulti where only a few blows are shown onscreen and the fights are resolved in 1 chapter. At least WsW, Black Maria and Sasaki all had more than a chapter of fighting (Sasaki and Franky had additional fighting in 1004)

- Queen and King could have gotten short, 1 chapter fights. Instead Oda extended many scenes between 1022 and 1035.

- BM could have been made irrelevant in one chapter, but he gave her 3 dedicated chapters, more if you include 1029-1031.

- He could have fodderized the red scabbards, instead he used practically every single one in major scenes (except Kawamatsu....why didn't he also do some Fishman water technique stuff with Raizo's water at least?)

- Luffy vs Kaido could have ended in 1042. Oda "could" have made Kaido lose to Gear 4 and only left AdvCoC as the big powerup this arc.

- In some ways, the rooftop fight made things slow as shit, but it also helped give the Yonkos the initial onscreen fighting they needed to justify just how strong they are. Imagine not getting it and only getting what we got after the fact?

Sure, there are things I wanted (BMP, all strawhats to fight along with Yamato getting a matchup, as well as Bepo), but man for a 75 chapter fight sequence, it's shocking how many good doublespreads there are, or how much we actually got in retrospect. Not all of it is "good", it just could have been far worse.
I'm gonna reread Onigashima once the arc ends, to see how it fully settles. But just because it could be worse (which is very easy to do) doesn't absolve it for its numerous issues.

I still remember when we feared that Tama would also tame all F6 or that BM would magically turn good after seeing her lol

C

Cruxroux

If BMP were to join the raid. it was over for the alliance.

I'm gonna reread Onigashima once the arc ends, to see how it fully settles. But just because it could be worse (which is very easy to do) doesn't absolve it for its numerous issues.
That's what I'm saying. It's good with flaws imo, but it could be way worse. Imagine the matchups we got just not existing or people not receiving any sort of growth fights? What im saying is the things we got at least resulted in something substantial in certain places....keyword "certain".

I know it's been going for a long time but you do realize we just met her this arc right? Whi knows maybe momo will tell her to be herself and quit pretending to be his dad or some shit, I'm just saying wano was a lot bigger than just a character arc for Yamato but I think oda did a good job of adding the details that were needed. And Yamatos moment of knowing she had to get stronger to actually achieve her goal was when she met ace, even though she wasn't a part of the picture for us she was training in the timeskip like everyone else except she was on the kaido prisoner regimen that luffy and kid went through for years just waiting on luffy so they could take down kaido and she could fulfill her dream of traveling with the king of the pirates like oden did.
all of this to tell me she didn't have a character arc.

You need to learn how to be more concise and to the point

Status
Not open for further replies.