Questions & Mysteries Why did Oda make this parallel?

Luffy and Ryuma's accomplishment? Luffy is not a swordsman, he's not a Samurai, and G5 / Joy Boy needs no more portrayal hype. Why doesn't Oda make a parallel between Ryuma and Zoro's accomplishment instead? For example if Zoro fend off WG invasion after this? As someone who supports Luffy's powerlevel, i can take this as another strength hype...but this is really a confusing narrative tbh.

It confuses me too tbh

We’re supposed to see Zoro as the next coming of Ryuma but there have been very few comparisons made on a grand scale

Nothing from Onimaru, nothing from the Wano Citizens, etc

It makes no sense tbh. I don’t know if I’m on board with ZKK but I think Zoro being the one to stop Greenbull from “ravaging” Wano even if he loses would be cool

Ryuma's greatest accomplishment is protecting Wano from all enemies.
One of the examples of this is him slaying the dragon.
This arc, Luffy also ends up defeating a dragon.
So Oda compared Luffy's achievement to Ryuma's.

All the connections between Zoro and Ryuma are still there.
The real question is why should we care?
No clue.

Imagine there's a guy called 'HappyMan'.
HappyMan looks like Luffy.
HappyMan is goofy and loves having fun.
HappyMan is known as the God of Happiness.
HappyMan wears a Straw Hat just like Luffy.
HappyMan protected Elbaf 600 years ago from GuraAndYamiBoy.

Then, imagine Zoro defeats Blackbeard and he is said to rival HappyMan.
Doesn't make much sense does it? Welcome to Goda's One Piece.

Luffy and Ryuma's accomplishment? Luffy is not a swordsman, he's not a Samurai, and G5 / Joy Boy needs no more portrayal hype. Why doesn't Oda make a parallel between Ryuma and Zoro's accomplishment instead? For example if Zoro fend off WG invasion after this? As someone who supports Luffy's powerlevel, i can take this as another strength hype...but this is really a confusing narrative tbh.
This meme aged well.

CoC: Color of Clowns

Urouge is Pregnant with Big Mom's Child???
Oda is all about parallels. Oda comparing Luffy to Ryuma is setting up Zoro to rival Ryuma. Joy Boy = Ryuma in terms of offensive power, same with Luffy and Zoro. I bet Ryuma and Joy Boy were buddies, at this point.

Ryuma is famous for slaying a dragon and protecting Wano's borders. So, Zoro will do the same. Zoro will protect Wano's borders (not from Green Bull IMO), and then slay Kaido.

Sanji will fight Green Bull (starving man who loves women vs cook who loves woman, Green Bull uses plants, Sanji's attacks are often named after meat dishes... Green Bull is a herbivore, Sanji is a carnivore, oi).

Best of both worlds. Sanji beats an Admiral, Zoro beats Kaido (well, Zombie Kaido, IMO, with Moria and Black Beard thrown in). At first, I thought Green Bull would just be an ally, but, I think he'll become an ally after fighting first, now, since Sanji has so many good parallels with him.

CoC: Color of Clowns

Urouge is Pregnant with Big Mom's Child???
I have a good explanation but Fuck it's better to troll Ztards lol
Post automatically merged:

Current Luffy>=Ryuma
EOS Luffy>>> Ryuma
Yeah, I actually agree with that. I think Luffy is stronger than Joy Boy/Ryuma from the past, and that he'll be way stronger than them, and Roger, by the End of the Series. Luffy needs to surpass Roger and Whitebeard by a fair amount, IMO.

Were you calling me a "Ztard?" Because, in my post I said I wanted Sanji to beat an Admiral. I think Zoro and Sanji are both great characters, you can want Zoro to kill Kaido without hating Sanji. I WANT Sanji to be as strong as Zoro. I think both of them have much more to do in Wano.

Yeah, I actually agree with that. I think Luffy is stronger than Joy Boy/Ryuma from the past, and that he'll be way stronger than them, and Roger, by the End of the Series. Luffy needs to surpass Roger and Whitebeard by a fair amount, IMO.

Were you calling me a "Ztard?" Because, in my post I said I wanted Sanji to beat an Admiral. I think Zoro and Sanji are both great characters, you can want Zoro to kill Kaido without hating Sanji. I WANT Sanji to be as strong as Zoro. I think both of them have much more to do in Wano.
I didn't called you a Z tard the first part was a different post they merged both of my post
Tbh I didn't even read further than Ryuma=Joyboy

Why did you suprise .l? WCI took 3 years as a sanjis arc . We have seen just two main fight .
Luffy vs Cracker
Luffy vs Katakuri

On the wano , in not kidding , Luffy got 3 4 power up . And you thought oda will credit zoro . We always says zkk is not possible . Because one piece is most mc centered manga all over the history :) this argument was proven one more time :)

there's absolutely no reason why oda would give luffy something related mainly to zoro, but hey, we should've seen that coming, after all oda even made luffy have parallels with sanji's mom ffs, she didn't even get to be her own character.

it's funny because luffy's "dream world" is supposed to be a world where his friends can eat as much as they want, but all i see is that nobody is allowed to have a single meal without luffy taking a bite out of it.