Questions & Mysteries Why did Oda make this parallel?

It wasn't a parallel it was a strength comparison. Luffy or Joyboy, awakened Nika DF, was compared to Ryuma to become he saved Wano by defeating Kaido. If you would have never defeated Kadio they would not have made that comparison.

Ryuma > current Luffy.

It doesn't matter how much headcannon people push or upset they become Luffy did not defeat Kaido in a 100% solo battle. Kaido fought multiple opponents, beat Luffy three times who was saved and protected during his battle against Kaido, and was carrying a island. If Luffy would have fought Kaido in a complete solo battle we would have lost.

there's absolutely no reason why oda would give luffy something related mainly to zoro, but hey, we should've seen that coming, after all oda even made luffy have parallels with sanji's mom ffs, she didn't even get to be her own character.

it's funny because luffy's "dream world" is supposed to be a world where his friends can eat as much as they want, but all i see is that nobody is allowed to have a single meal without luffy taking a bite out of it.
It wasn't a parallel but a comparison. Ryuma is well known for killing a dragon while JoyBoy just saved Wano from another dragon, so they'd naturally make a comparison. That's not a parallel though.
It wasn't a parallel it was a strength comparison. Luffy or Joyboy, awakened Nika DF, was compared to Ryuma to become he saved Wano by defeating Kaido. If you would have never defeated Kadio they would not have made that comparison.

Ryuma > current Luffy.

It doesn't matter how much headcannon people push or upset they become Luffy did not defeat Kaido in a 100% solo battle. Kaido fought multiple opponents, beat Luffy three times who was saved and protected during his battle against Kaido, and was carrying a island. If Luffy would have fought Kaido in a complete solo battle we would have lost.
holy shit it isn't that deep

Luffy and Ryuuma both saved wano from a dragon. For the people of wano specifically, Ryuuma is the only hero they've ever known, so ofc they're going to compare Luffy to him.
I mean Oda can always compare anyone else to Luffy instead of Ryuma, and instead save the Ryuma parallel/comparison whatever until (if) Zoro protect Wano from outside attack like WG-Marine bombardment and Admiral, it will be much closer deed imo to what Ryuma did and his heroism...compared to toppling an evil strong ruler like Kaidou. Maybe something like this below?

but I think Zoro being the one to stop Greenbull from “ravaging” Wano even if he loses would be cool

there's absolutely no reason why oda would give luffy something related mainly to zoro, but hey, we should've seen that coming, after all oda even made luffy have parallels with sanji's mom ffs, she didn't even get to be her own character.

it's funny because luffy's "dream world" is supposed to be a world where his friends can eat as much as they want, but all i see is that nobody is allowed to have a single meal without luffy taking a bite out of it.
:kobeha::kobeha:
Luffy parallels with Sanji’s mom has to be funniest statement of all time because it’s actually true
:kobeha:

Luffy and Ryuma's accomplishment? Luffy is not a swordsman, he's not a Samurai, and G5 / Joy Boy needs no more portrayal hype. Why doesn't Oda make a parallel between Ryuma and Zoro's accomplishment instead? For example if Zoro fend off WG invasion after this? As someone who supports Luffy's powerlevel, i can take this as another strength hype...but this is really a confusing narrative tbh.
You don't need to be a swordsman to talk about Joy Boy and Ryuma at the same time. lol

Joy Boy saved Wano like Ryuma, unlike Zoro. It has nothing to do with strength, swords or whatever, it's just Wano people comparing their new savior to the only other savior the've ever known.

Would have much rather prefered Zoro with Scanbbards while leaving Wano sinking a few CP0 ships while the scabbards making the paralel of him and Ryuma warding off the WG.

But oh well, it is what it is at this point.
Post automatically merged:

Ryuma > current Luffy.

So it was a strength comparisom but still Ryuma>Luffy because he slayed a dragon not named Kaido?

Zoro fanboy much?

simple To Troll Zorobois, :cheers: in all seriosness Fighting style doesn't have relevance when it comes with parallels,
luffy parallel Roger but they have different methods when it comes to fighting. :kayneshrug:
Ah yes this is it i guess...Luffy parallels Roger in PK aspect even though their fighting style is different :cheers:

Luffy and Ryuma's accomplishment? Luffy is not a swordsman, he's not a Samurai, and G5 / Joy Boy needs no more portrayal hype. Why doesn't Oda make a parallel between Ryuma and Zoro's accomplishment instead? For example if Zoro fend off WG invasion after this? As someone who supports Luffy's powerlevel, i can take this as another strength hype...but this is really a confusing narrative tbh.
It confuses me too tbh

We’re supposed to see Zoro as the next coming of Ryuma but there have been very few comparisons made on a grand scale

Nothing from Onimaru, nothing from the Wano Citizens, etc

It makes no sense tbh. I don’t know if I’m on board with ZKK but I think Zoro being the one to stop Greenbull from “ravaging” Wano even if he loses would be cool
Ryuma's greatest accomplishment is protecting Wano from all enemies.
One of the examples of this is him slaying the dragon.
This arc, Luffy also ends up defeating a dragon.
So Oda compared Luffy's achievement to Ryuma's.

All the connections between Zoro and Ryuma are still there.
The real question is why should we care?
No clue.

Imagine there's a guy called 'HappyMan'.
HappyMan looks like Luffy.
HappyMan is goofy and loves having fun.
HappyMan is known as the God of Happiness.
HappyMan wears a Straw Hat just like Luffy.
HappyMan protected Elbaf 600 years ago from GuraAndYamiBoy.

Then, imagine Zoro defeats Blackbeard and he is said to rival HappyMan.
Doesn't make much sense does it? Welcome to Goda's One Piece.
This meme aged well.
To remind Zbois that there's only one true protagonist
It's the meltdown in the Zorotards club
They wanted Zoro to took Luffy's spot Finally Luffy kept his spot and tooks Zoro's spot
That's a slap called reality
to show luffy parallels all strong swordsman not enmas weilder
Don't hit zorotards any more:perocry:
Ryuma saved Wano and Luffy saved Wano

U dont need to even have a brain to understand it lol
After the break, we will learn that Joyboy is the progenitor of the Shimotsukis and therefore of Ryuma's as well. This will tie in to Wano's importance in liberating the world. :catsweat:

On a more serious note, Lolda makes Luffy to parallel Ryuma to hammer down one specific point: Zoro is without parallel. :fransuper:

Because Luffy is the main character. Oda doesn’t give a shit about anybody not named Luffy.
/thread :doffytroll:

easy its another f you from oda for zoro fans in wano :gokulaugh: