What the best thing in the chap ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sometimes cant understand why we should powerscale at all in OP. The inconsistency is so high that you cant say anything about any character. I mean the most we can do is take feats from the same arc but even then it is a shitshow. Take Luffy vs Kaido for example, at one point Luffy seems equal or is portrayed equal but the next time in a historically stronger form he is shown inferior. You hype Tobi Roppos as being closer to YCs and then they are shown as weak fucks where King could solo at least half of them at the same time. You hype King as having one of the best active defenses (allegedly even above Kaido) out there and then you show him negged by an Admiral. The same admiral is portrayed as equal to Fujitora who is being stalled or stalemated by the likes of Law, Doffy and Sabo etc. I mean wtf is this powerscaling.

I mean I don't mind things that seem good narratively even if they have bad powerscaling but this seems just so weird. For example I liked the Tournament of Power in DBS (it was shit powerscaling wise). At one point you have SSB Goku (the strongest till that point) and he is getting neg diffed by Jiren. And at the end you have bloody Freiza and Goku in their planet Namek modes hitting Jiren and pushing him off the stage. I still liked the ending though.

I guess we are just grown people who have an unhealthy obsession for our age and over analyzing things that should never be analyzed in the first place. A 15 year old on average is not gonna care how or why GB was able to neg diff King and Queen, they just like how this new guy is such a badass.
What you’ve just identified is why scaling with portrayal > scaling with feats.

Oh shit my guys. Another thing I just realized.

So in my Akainu’s Tattoo thread, I talked about some of the Gardening & Plant symbolism behind Akainu’s tattoo and design, and how in real life areas of land bathed in lava from volcanic eruptions can often see extremely fertile soil come about as a direct result of the cooling lava, which can lead to lush vegetation and beautiful plant life.

I said in this thread that I believed this was metaphorical-that Akainu’s extremely destructive Devil Fruits and “exterminate all evil” personality were for the purpose of creating what Akainu believes to be a more beautiful world (volcanic destruction leading to beautiful plant life and all).

So now we have an Admiral with a plant-based Devil Fruit, who is an Akainu fanboy. There’s no way this is an accident. Green Bull being a fan of Akainu’s extremism and seeking out his approval is definitely a continuation of this symbolism-plant life coming from volcanic destruction.

This is also huge potential for Oda to continue Sakazuki’s post-timeskip character arc-on the one hand, Sakazuki has a rebellious admiral subordinate who solely holds the rank to pursue his own agenda (Fujitora), and also an Admiral who respects him completely and seeks out his approval (Green Bull). Both of these Admirals have done/will do things that backfire on Sakazuki, as Sakazuki is learning now what Sengoku learned pre timeskip-that Fleet Admiral is always a lose-lose roll, and it’s much harder to achieve your objectives in that roll than you may think.

It’s almost as if the past 4 years of bullshit was a complete flop on Oda’s part, and the man actually does remember how to write actual good characters lol. I’m at a loss bro, is Oda going to redeem my faith in him? At least where the Admirals are concerned??

@AdmiralKinyagi @MarineHQ62 @AkainuTheGrimReaper @The White Crane @Wiwi @Wuuuke @Extravlad @Tyki_Mikk @Sentinel @Owl Ki @Blackbeard @Den_Den_Mushi
The past 4 years of bullshit is because Oda fumbled the bag with Frauds like Crydo and Linlin

So in my Akainu’s Tattoo thread, I talked about some of the Gardening & Plant symbolism behind Akainu’s tattoo and design, and how in real life areas of land bathed in lava from volcanic eruptions can often see extremely fertile soil come about as a direct result of the cooling lava, which can lead to lush vegetation and beautiful plant life.

I said in this thread that I believed this was metaphorical-that Akainu’s extremely destructive Devil Fruits and “exterminate all evil” personality were for the purpose of creating what Akainu believes to be a more beautiful world (volcanic destruction leading to beautiful plant life and all).

So now we have an Admiral with a plant-based Devil Fruit, who is an Akainu fanboy. There’s no way this is an accident. Green Bull being a fan of Akainu’s extremism and seeking out his approval is definitely a continuation of this symbolism-plant life coming from volcanic destruction.

This is also huge potential for Oda to continue Sakazuki’s post-timeskip character arc-on the one hand, Sakazuki has a rebellious admiral subordinate who solely holds the rank to pursue his own agenda (Fujitora), and also an Admiral who respects him completely and seeks out his approval (Green Bull). Both of these Admirals have done/will do things that backfire on Sakazuki, as Sakazuki is learning now what Sengoku learned pre timeskip-that Fleet Admiral is always a lose-lose roll, and it’s much harder to achieve your objectives in that roll than you may think.

It’s almost as if the past 4 years of bullshit was a complete flop on Oda’s part, and the man actually does remember how to write actual good characters lol. I’m at a loss bro, is Oda going to redeem my faith in him? At least where the Admirals are concerned??

@AdmiralKinyagi @MarineHQ62 @AkainuTheGrimReaper @The White Crane @Wiwi @Wuuuke @Extravlad @Tyki_Mikk @Sentinel @Owl Ki @Blackbeard @Den_Den_Mushi
Ah that was great

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince

Good stuff honestly. How would you fit Borsalino in this group of characters though? As the trust worthy subordinate who once stood toe to toe with him? I don't think its a mere coincidence that every character Borsalino has clashed with were Right Hand men - Rayleigh, Marco and was shown right next to Sakazuki multiple times in movies etc,.

Apoo took a shishisonson unawares and was not taken out by it. It's not taking down a YC3, even if it miraculously managed to reach the stallmaster Cracker himself (which it wouldn't).

Tatsumaki only made one cut on Kaidou so wouldn't cut through all of crackers biscuits like you are alleging
Luffy's Kong organ destroyed several biscuit soldiers at once and that wasn't enough to reach a motivated Cracker trying to stall Luffy out... it's like you didn't read chapter 838-it or something.

You creating an artificial distinction between cutting and piercing doesn't line up with the Manga. The scabbards partially opened up Kaidous scar which was bleeding for longer than the new scar adv CoC Asura Zoro opened up.

You do realise Enma drains Zoro's haki and reduces his stamina right? he's not lasting for hours on end against Cracker.

Zoro's "casual" attacks are not stronger than g2/g3. Even if they were able to penetrate all of Crackers constructs with low diff, that is just putting Zoro on the starting line of facing a rain nerfed Cracker.
Cracker would just stall for 11 hours and summon more, are you claiming Zoro has better battlefield maneuverability than Luffy now and able to force a confrontation against Cracker better than Luffy could against rain nerfed Cracker?

You've proven yourself incapable of arguing in good faith, so not going to waste another 5 mins in this back and forth.
My eyes are bleeding reading this

When tf zoro fight kaido in 1 vs 1? Law saved his ass against hakai and again law saved his ass when kaido thunder baguaed him.then elixir the hack again save him..

Zoro never meant to be fight kaido.he just UNDERLING lol.and he extreme diff king.thats why your ZKK teory become most failure theory in OP all the time since you guys believe zoro has chance against kaido lol.

The guy fight a guy who can CATCH a lightning and splitting sky by his aura lol
When Zoro saved Luffy.

Zoro called Kaido out, fought him in 1v1, bested and scarred him.

That was with 20 to 30 broken bones.

Law never saved Zoro from Hakai or TB. That's headcannon you and others continue to push. There is no scene where Law teleport Zoro nor Zoro thank Law. Zoro did save Law from Hakai because Law wasn't fast enough to evade it even with his df. Zoro tanked TB.

Zoro, the underling, saved all the captains from Hakai.
:myman:

The medicine didn't save Zoro. It just temporary healed him. The medicine side effects couldn't even kill Zoro.

Zoro beat King mid difficult once he obtained ACoC.

Thanks to Luffy's DF he can catch lightning. It's easy to do things like that when you have a power that gives you everything.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
  1. Zoro's Shishi Sonson was too fast for Apoo to perceive anyways. It put him down and had him on wobbly legs. The same attack later blitzed King a YC1.
  2. With Tatsumaki, which Zoro used against Kaido's entire Dragon body, he can cover up several biscuit knights at once instead of targeting them piece by piece.
  3. Ryuo is the requirement and the force behind the attack determines how deep the cut penetrates. None of the scabbards managed to slash (slash and not pierce like the scabbards did) through Kaido's scales but Zoro has done so with Kaido mentioning how it hurts him. Furthermore Zoro has Enma to boost exactly what you referred to which is the force behind Zoro's slashes.
So, am i now led to believe that Zoro is incapable of casually slashing through Crackers biscuits because feats definitely say the opossite. And i say it again, Zoro is a far,far,far and far better matchup against Cracker than Luffy was who relies on brute strength for 20 minutes effectively countered by Crackers stalling fighting style.
DR Zoro was slicing up Pica with nameless COA hardened slashes but yes, he's going to have trouble with Cracker's soldiers who blocked G3 at best. ISDS's AOE alone cuts through how many ever biscuit soldiers Cracker lines up lol. Tatsumaki also shreds those to pieces all at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.