Questions & Mysteries Why does Oda always force a rivalry between Law and Kid Luffy?

How can we justify the fact that like that, Law and Kid were 3 billion Berrys after all that Luffy has done since entering the new world, his influence, his victories over the commanders, his mythical zoan the Nika Nika No mi, the fact that he is Joyboy?.

Luffy went from 1.5 billion Berry to 3 billion okay.

How did Law and Kid who had 500 millioks and 470 million Berries suddenly go to 3 billion Berries?

I also feel like that's also making fun of the Sea Emperors a bit too.

I don't understand.

@AdmiralKinyagi @Luffy is the mc @MonsterKaido @Guan Yu @solis @Chaves @sanjikun @Monkey D Theories @rerere @Lukegranders @Pantheos @ReggieZoldyck21 @Echizen_Jo_Ndule @pg13

B

Ballel

How can we justify the fact that like that, Law and Kid were 3 billion Berrys after all that Luffy has done since entering the new world, his influence, his victories over the commanders, his mythical zoan the Nika Nika No mi, the fact that he is Joyboy?.

How did Law and Kid who had 500 millioks and 470 million Berries suddenly go to 3 billion Berries?

I don't understand.

@AdmiralKinyagi @Luffy is the mc @MonsterKaido @Guan Yu @solis @Chaves @sanjikun @Monkey D Theories @rerere @Lukegranders @Pantheos @ReggieZoldyck21 @Echizen_Jo_Ndule @pg13
the Gorosei were trying to cover up Luffy's Nika fruit but Morgans went rouge and published it anyways.

Cause there is a rivarly, that simple.

Oda went out of his way this time to make it clear to distracted readers once and for all: he could've given different individual bounties and Emperor status just to Luffy, instead he decoded to differentiate these 2 things:
- 3,000,000,000 bounty to each of the 3, cause they individually do rapresent the same threat/danger
- Emperor status to Luffy only cause of his crew and influence (Fishman Island, Dressrosa, Wano...)

I mean, couldn't be clearer than that at this point

Pantheos

Heavy Metal

Oda went out of his way this time to make it clear to distracted readers once and for all: he could've given different individual bounties and Emperor status just to Luffy, instead he decoded to differentiate these 2 things:
- 3,000,000,000 bounty to each of the 3, cause they individually do rapresent the same threat/danger
- Emperor status to Luffy only cause of his crew and influence (Fishman Island, Dressrosa, Wano...)

This is exactly the point. But we said this since years.

Some of people are now in heavy denying, now they don’t understand why odas story doesn’t fit the headcanon.

Kid and Law were build as rivals to Luffy in different ways, but as rivals. They were even placed like that pre-TS. How can it be surprising now?

Luffy is a bigger threat because of his legendary devil fruit, the Nika Nika No Mi. So I don't get it.

And how Kid and Law were able to go from 470 million to 500 million to arrive at 3 billion. Luffy went from 400 to 500 and from 500 to 1.5 billion and from 1.5 billion to 3 billion Berrys Right there the sudden surge of Kid and Law is very strange yet I'm used to validating what Oda is doing but here

I have the impression that it's forced and therefore not pleasant to see.
@rerere

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Luffy is a bigger threat because of his legendary devil fruit, the Nika Nika No Mi. So I don't get it.

And how Kid and Law were able to go from 470 million to 500 million to arrive at 3 billion. Luffy went from 400 to 500 and from 500 to 1.5 billion and from 1.5 billion to 3 billion Berrys Right there the sudden surge of Kid and Law is very strange yet I'm used to validating what Oda is doing but here

@rerere
The 470 million of kid were just the last info we got and this was directly after the timeskip. We know kid sank 2 ships of big mum after, he was stealing something from WCI, build an alliance inbetween, fought (and lost but still kept going) 2 yonkos. To assume there were no change inbetween the 470 and 3B makes no sense. We just didn’t got the info about all these changes inbetween.

@rerere
They didn't Need to get through the Commanders bounties since straight up beated Emperors.
Kidd & Law jumped the step cause they didn't have the newspaper hysteria Luffy had during WCI.
Try to make it reverse: leave Luffy at 500 millions, let's say WCI events were not published, and let's say he would have done the same things this arc. He would've got a 2.5B bump too.

I don't understand.

I dont care what kid or law bounty is. Until kid actually challenges luffy. And do what a real rival would do. And not just be an ally when it is convenient then you are not a rival.

The 470 million of kid were just the last info we got and this was directly after the timeskip. We know kid sank 2 ships of big mum after, he was stealing something from WCI, build an alliance inbetween, fought (and lost but still kept going) 2 yonkos. To assume there were no change inbetween the 470 and 3B makes no sense. We just didn’t got the info about all these changes inbetween.
The problem is that Kid doesn't have the same threat level of Luffy overall and especially with Nika Nika No mi awakening and other factors. I still don't understand how him and Law.

We had the same bonus as Luffy whereas since his entry into the new world it is Luffy who is always in the exploits, whether individually or with an alliance. Luffy is always in the game and more than the others.

It's weird for me.

@Pantheos
Post automatically merged:

But I dont understand. At the end of the fight against Kaido, the Gorosei repeatedly implied.

That Luffy's awakening was dangerous and even a legend to them. For a very long time the Gorosei, always talks about Luffy being annoying.

So that means Kid and Law are as influential as Nika, Joyboy? It doesn't make sense, I don't understand.

@rerere

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
The problem is that Kid doesn't have the same threat level of Luffy overall and especially with Nika Nika No mi awakening and other factors. I still don't understand how him and Law.

We had the same bonus as Luffy whereas since his entry into the new world it is Luffy who is always in the exploits, whether individually or with an alliance. Luffy is always in the game and more than the others.

It's weird for me.

@Pantheos
You forget that the story we read focus around the strawhats and Luffy, but this doesn’t meant the story and life Infothek characters keep going in that timeF just because we don’t get the infos immediately.
We literally just don’t know what kind of influence kid also has in the world outside of the current arc.

additionally, the gorosei try to hide the Nika info as Good as possible. The photo got revealed, but the fact of Joyboy is still unknown, otherwise luffys would be higher maybe.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
I don't see why it's forced... They're Luffy's rivals since day 1. And they're gonna be his rivals until the very end. People just need to understand rivalry and equality aren't the same things.

Pretty sure, the whole bounty thing is the WG's way of lowballing Luffy to keep Nika a secret. They shared the credit among the 3 captains. It has nothing to do with their rivalry although their rivalry is undeniable.

You forget that the story we read focus around the strawhats and Luffy, but this doesn’t meant the story and life Infothek characters keep going in that timeF just because we don’t get the infos immediately.
We literally just don’t know what kind of influence kid also has in the world outside of the current arc.

additionally, the gorosei try to hide the Nika info as Good as possible. The photo got revealed, but the fact of Joyboy is still unknown, otherwise luffys would be higher maybe.
True, the story centers around Luffy and his crew. If the Gorosei hid the whole story of Nika, Joyboy, Luffy, I can understand.

But it's still a very big understatement of Luffy and therefore still a mistake by Gorosei.

Why not highlight Luffy's true generosity once and for all. Why nerf his bounty? If they want to get rid of Luffy quickly as they wish, they just have to put in the necessary means to make it happen.
@Pantheos

I don't think there is a rivalry between Law and Luffy, however, there is a terrible written rivalry between Kidd and Luffy. We basically haven't seen Kidd do anything for 1000+ chapters. And now, Oda is trying to force that rivalry again by having them have the same bounty even though it makes no sense for them to. Just more bad writing decisions by Oda.

I don't understand.

Luffy is far ahead Kidd and Law regardless of this rivalry.

Op fandom needs to realize that being rivals doesn't automatically translate to being close.

Luffy fans shouldn't be insecure about this rivalry, his feats overshines completely Kidd and Law

I don't think there is a rivalry between Law and Luffy, however, there is a terrible written rivalry between Kidd and Luffy. We basically haven't seen Kidd do anything for 1000+ chapters. And now, Oda is trying to force that rivalry again by having them have the same bounty even though it makes no sense for them to. Just more bad writing decisions by Oda.
It wouldn't have bothered me if Kid and Law actually had Luffy's threat level and pretty much the same feats in the new world. Except it's not yes and yes like you said it's bad writing from what I see
@lee33

Luffy is far ahead Kidd and Law regardless of this rivalry.

Op fandom needs to realize that being rivals doesn't automatically translate to being close.

Luffy fans shouldn't be insecure about this rivalry, his feats overshines completely Kidd and Law
Yes, and that's precisely what's problematic Oda wants to create an "equality" that doesn't exist. So it looks like Law and Kid cheated unlike Luffy. It's weird .
@style

Because they are rivals . They were potrayed as such from the get go. Luffy himself needed huge amount of help to overcome kaido. I think there bounties are correct