3. COPE
4. OP magazine isn't written by Oda. It's glorified fanfiction
Post automatically merged:

He needs 10 people. He is one of those people. Simple as

He wants 10 crewmates
He is part of the Strawhat crew
Simple as
It should've been clear after this that he's trolling and being dumb on purpose. "One of them's getting the Blueno treatment" as a counter unironically, calling an official source approved by Oda fanfiction, and lacking the basic ability to count to 10. There's just no way a person is genuinely this delusional.

...right? :shame:

Man, this is stupidity at its finest... Regardless if you're playing stupid or not, that's very stupid...

At least learn how to:
  1. Properly understand the context of each lines in a story...
  2. Count properly, which entity counts in a statement is critical...
Luffy at the end of chapter 1 according to the Viz says this:
"First things first. I've got to get a crew! I think about ten men should do." Then what does Luffy do next? He goes to Shells Town and recruits Zoro (aka The First). Continuing onward skipping a few, he recruits Sanji (aka The Fourth). Skipping a few arcs, he recruits Brook (The Eighth) then Jinbe (the Ninth). Well, is Luffy The Tenth? No. So its Yamato? Carrot? Caribou? Luffy is not the first its Zoro. I hope this makes sense I dont want to argue with a weetodd for a month.
Explain to me why I shouldn't count Luffy as number 1 when Oda already does that for me?

Yes, let us play thewhat if game. What if Yamato was not there? Momo dies alongside with shinobu the strawhats and there alliance is decimated, the samurai lose the will to fight, and the raid fails Luffy takes a while to get to onigashima for the third round. With his crew and his alliance are destroyed. Luffy is completely defeated, distraught and can't think straight facing both kaido and big mom at the same time.
Big mom and Kaido go after the ancient weapons and after the one-piece leaving robin as the only survivor. There is no kuma or revolutionaries coming to save their life in the end. They have their hands full, and their concern are already put somewhere else which is their own not the strawhats at this moment.
I'll concede that I was exaggerating for the sake of it, but it's not incorrect to say that Yamato just hasn't added much to Onigashima. Yes she helped out a bit, but this is a series where the main characters have plot armor up the ass. I understand that fighting Kaido 1v1 is a big feat that shows how strong Yamato is but if you were to remove Yamato I don't believe the plot would significantly change due to the aforementioned plot armor. All the other Strawhats felt like they played a major role in their arc's plot or reflected its themes, and I just can't say that about Yamato. She feels superfluous, and that's not me being biased on the matter

Stop counting Luffy
1. zoro
2. Nami
3. Ussop
4. Sanji
5. Chopper
6. Robin
7. Franky
8. Brook
9. JImbei
Read the individual chapters please
Read the individual chapters please - Album on Imgur
Zoro is the first recruit, not the first Strawhat

This discussion about numbers is pointless. Peenix has his mind, and he won't change it until it's confirmed that Yamato will join the crew. This goes so far that he argues with things he has no way of knowing ("One of them's getting the Blueno treatment") so that he doesn't have to deviate from his opinion.
Well I mean the Strawhats almost never all get 1v1s in each arc. Though given that the Blackbeard Pirates are most likely the final boss for the Strawhats, there's a good chance that they'll be the exception. Still, I don't think it's unreasonable to think that one of them (probably Burgess if we're being real) will get taken out before the real fight starts or gets taken out by an ally instead of a Strawhat (most likely Sabo in this case)

Although I will concede that possible Blackbeard Pirate matchups are a point in Yamato's favor. Especially because it does seem like it would make sense to have Yamato fight Catarina Devon 1 on 1

- Both of them are mythical zoans
- Both of them are women (not to sound sexist, but you should get how Oda handles 1v1s with women by now)
- Both of them seem to be primarily physical fighters
- Devon's nickname is "Crescent Moon Hunter" and the symbol for the Wano alliance was a crescent moon

I'll admit that out of all potential Strawhats right now, Yamato is the most likely. That doesn't mean I think we're getting another Strawhat, but if we do it will most likely be Yamato

I suppose the biggest thing missing in regards to Yamato is a dramatic emotional connection between her and Luffy. I suppose that would come in the form of her finally coming to terms of not needing to have the burden of trying to carry on Oden's identity and harken back to Luffy's words about how she doesn't have to be Kozuki Oden.
Alright no. If Yamato does join, she shouldn't drop the Oden larp. She can get development in other areas but she shouldn't drop the larp. If she's gonna join Oda should just lean harder into it and exploit it for all the comedy that he can

It should've been clear after this that he's trolling and being dumb on purpose. "One of them's getting the Blueno treatment" as a counter unironically, calling an official source approved by Oda fanfiction, and lacking the basic ability to count to 10. There's just no way a person is genuinely this delusional.

...right? :shame:
Look dude, when it comes to One Piece I've come to learn that it's not reliable unless it comes directly from the author
Just look at the supposedly canon vivre cards, which aren't written by Oda but are "approved" (which is obviously just something they say for marketing) by him. They heavily implied that Yasuie never ate a Smile fruit
But then that turned out to be completely wrong

Look, I'm not arguing that the crew count including Luffy is some final indisputable fact, but I'm pointing out that getting another Strawhat isn't nearly as set in stone as this fanbase seems to believe. Jimbei may very well be the last and final Strawhat. That's a legitimate possibility. And given Yamato's lack of a role I don't think she's going to join. Could I be wrong? Of course. But I don't personally believe that I am

Last edited:
@Peenix would likely disagree because he'll probably count the SHs as 1, his total would be 8...
Nah I don't want anyone new coming into the grand fleet cause I'm already concerned about character bloat in the final war. I don't want the final war to be like Wano where there's 500 minor characters running around that end up taking screentime from the Strawhats. I'm hoping that Oda taking a vacation means that he recognizes this issue, but I guess only time will tell :luuh:

It will happen. Prepare yourself. :catcry:
I mean Oda's taking a vacation because he said he wanted to clear his head and reorganize the final saga. So I'm hoping that he recognizes that he had trouble handling Wano due to the sheer number of characters and cuts down on them in the final saga. If that means offscreening a lot of fights, then imo that's probably for the better even though I know a lot of people here wouldn't like that

Peenis is just trolling, right? I refuse to believe he is that stupid. lol

Like, damn. Why are you confusing the crew's specific number and the order to join?

e.g. Zoro is designated as 02, but is "the first" crewmate. / Brook is 09 but also the eight to join.

You seriously don't know the difference?

First, the useless essay about Yamato. Then, you don't know how to count.

Holy shit. You never cease to amaze me.

Bring on the next stupid stuff, pretty please. I need something to laugh at, to kill time.

PS. just to stay on topic, Yamato is joining. lol

My point is that there are instances where Luffy is counted as the first member. This idea that there needs to be one more Strawhat isn't set in stone like people seem to think
No, You are just trying to hard to make something it's not to justify yourself.
You can't even fathom your own logic being reversed on you, there's nothing to suggest that we aren't getting more until Oda says no more.
All the evidences are against your points, deal with it.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Peenis is just trolling, right? I refuse to believe he is that stupid. lol

Like, damn. Why are you confusing the crew's specific number and the order to join?

e.g. Zoro is designated as 02, but is "the first" crewmate. / Brook is 09 but also the eight to join.

You seriously don't know the difference?

First, the useless essay about Yamato. Then, you don't know how to count.

Holy shit. You never cease to amaze me.

Bring on the next stupid stuff, pretty please. I need something to laugh at, to kill time.

PS. just to stay on topic, Yamato is joining. lol
Always funny to see this kind of frustration from new members…try dealing with this kind of insane, delusional bitching for two entire years and see how you feel :fujilaugh:

I don't see any reason to disregard a point a view. Some people also disregard what I say and start turning stupid when I ask too many questions but that won't stop me. Anyways, until there is room for me in this conversative, I will advise not to look away.

Look dude, when it comes to One Piece I've come to learn that it's not reliable unless it comes directly from the author
Just look at the supposedly canon vivre cards, which aren't written by Oda but are "approved" (which is obviously just something they say for marketing) by him. They heavily implied that Yasuie never ate a Smile fruit
But then that turned out to be completely wrong
Look, I'm not arguing that the crew count including Luffy is some final indisputable fact, but I'm pointing out that getting another Strawhat isn't nearly as set in stone as this fanbase seems to believe. Jimbei may very well be the last and final Strawhat. That's a legitimate possibility. And given Yamato's lack of a role I don't think she's going to join. Could I be wrong? Of course. But I don't personally believe that I am
If you just want to treat the words from Oda himself as law:

From the ChinaTime interview - "I think I can keep drawing in next decade and we will get new nakama successively."

From the Kawatoko interview after Jinbe was accepted- "My original plan was to assemble a crew of ten within the first year and a half. After 20 years, the story's about 80% complete, yet there are still only nine crew members."

It should honestly say enough that there's been no fanfare about the SH crew finally being complete or Jinbe being the final crewmate from any OP source, especially the marketing team. He's just treated as another new addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.