Speculations Does Greenbull really have a black blade ?

Does Greenbull sword is a black blade ?

• Yes

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • No

Votes: 18 51.4%

• Total voters
What if the sword is made of wood and the color is just Green.

Kizaru can create sword with his devil fruit, the sword color is yellow, Greenbull probably make the same thing, a wood sword and the color is green. In the manga, Hiyori hair color is seen as black, but when colored in manga it was green, just don't make a hasty conclusion saying it is a black sword.

What if the sword is made of wood and the color is just Green.

Kizaru can create sword with his devil fruit, the sword color is yellow, Greenbull probably make the same thing, a wood sword and the color is green. In the manga, Hiyori hair color is seen as black, but when colored in manga it was green, just don't make a hasty conclusion saying it is a black sword.
here s a thing
the pattern is that of a black blade and it doesnt have as sheat

1. It's weird that it doesn't have a Scabbard on it
2. It looks exactly like those sharpened tree branches
3. The Type of Sword is new to One Piece (For example, it's not a Katana or Saber or Greatsword ... etc)
4. Oda didn't bother to draw it in other Panels (There were two full body shots & the Sword wasn't drawn)
5. Kizaru have Light Sword, Fuji named his Sword "Gravi Sword", so it makes perfect sense that Ryo have a Wooden Sword
  • I imagine it like Obito's Wood Technique, which he used when he saw Rin Die (Like if Ryo hits you, then Branches will fully destroy you)
6. Ryo is young & it doesn't make sense for him to have a Black Sword while Fujitora for example doesn't & many others
7. His Color Theme is Green & as a DF User, it wouldn't make sense that his Sword isn't combined with his DF Powers (Like other Admirals)
8. Another reason i can't reveal for now

So yeah, i don't believe Ryo have a Blade Blade, but it's possible

Made a thread asking about this too a while ago if you wanna check it: https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/does-green-bull-actually-have-a-black-blade.28044/

Personally, I see all hints so far point towards him having a black blade, not to mention how Oda still hasn't explicitly explained it in full detail. And what better way to do that than with a potential opponent for Zoro who has one too?

We already got a vague exposition by Mihawk and Onimaru, but they weren't enough.

CoC: Color of Clowns

Science(Knowledge) + God(Light) = Truth
If he does have one I'm going to wank the piss out of Chadhawk
Think of how many characters in this series have been in prolonged fights, without spilling any blood, or getting hit whatsoever. Mihawk went to Marineford, challenged Whitebeard and fought Vista, without taking a scratch.

People who think Mihawk aren't top tier are blinded by the Warlord system, and have convinced themself a Warlord can't be Top Tier, when Mihawk has been shown as a rival to mutherfucking Shanks.

May we all wank hot-mustache big-sword vampire-hawk-man.

1. It's weird that it doesn't have a Scabbard on it
It's not that weird. Mihawk's Yoru also has no sheath.

2. It looks exactly like those sharpened tree branches
It seems that the hamon can be distinguished. If it were made of wood, it would have to be homogeneous and would not have a hamon.

3. The Type of Sword is new to One Piece (For example, it's not a Katana or Saber or Greatsword ... etc)
That is irrelevant. It is still a sword and therefore it may be Kokuto.

4. Oda didn't bother to draw it in other Panels (There were two full body shots & the Sword wasn't drawn)
This is also irrelevant.

5. Kizaru have Light Sword, Fuji named his Sword "Gravi Sword", so it makes perfect sense that Ryo have a Wooden Sword
  • I imagine it like Obito's Wood Technique, which he used when he saw Rin Die (Like if Ryo hits you, then Branches will fully destroy you)
It could be, but that doesn't explain why he wears it on his waist, if it's a piece of wood he could create it whenever he wants and as I say you can distinguish the hamon.

6. Ryo is young & it doesn't make sense for him to have a Black Sword while Fujitora for example doesn't & many others
We don't know what qualifies you to have a black sword. I don't think Green Bull is much younger than Mihawk and Mihawk has one and Zoro will get one or more under 25.

7. His Color Theme is Green & as a DF User, it wouldn't make sense that his Sword isn't combined with his DF Powers (Like other Admirals)

That would have to be seen. At the moment it is irrelevant.

So yeah, i don't believe Ryo have a Blade Blade, but it's possible
I think the opposite. For now she has a Black Blade although it may not be.

NGL, the wood sword theory actually makes sense, you dont see his sword in other panels. but its most likely a black sword.
Post automatically merged:

Think of how many characters in this series have been in prolonged fights, without spilling any blood, or getting hit whatsoever. Mihawk went to Marineford, challenged Whitebeard and fought Vista, without taking a scratch.

People who think Mihawk aren't top tier are blinded by the Warlord system, and have convinced themself a Warlord can't be Top Tier, when Mihawk has been shown as a rival to mutherfucking Shanks.

May we all wank hot-mustache big-sword vampire-hawk-man.
Kizaru faced whitebeard, marco, stronger people yet walked without a scratch

The power of an admiral and mihawk is terrifying. 😏

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Doubt it, Fujitora who is modelled after a swordsman didn't have one, Greenbull looks like an unrefined thug in comparison. I don't see him being given the privilege of having a black blade over the Zatoichi copy among the admirals, so far only the pinnacle of swordsman were given that honour.

Even though I don't see it, the best case scenario for him is he has a black blade on him that was already forged black by someone else.

When the chapter was first released, I doubted it was a black blade. But now I think it is indeed one, the white patterns in the middle is exactly how Oda draws Shusui

and swords coated in hardening

Ryokugyu :

It could just be active hardening, but the thing is that Ryokugyu isn't even holding the sword and it doesn't look like he has even used (or about to use it) either so that sounds pretty iffy

I'm not 100% on board about it being a black blade as one panel is not enough but from the look of it, it does seem to be one.

Last edited:
It's extremely unlikely that it's just a selfmade wooden sword.
1) It has a real handle, like every real sword
2) You can clearly see the hamon.
3) The blade's shape is far too clean.

Three features that Aokiji's ice sword and Kizaru's light saber lack for example.
Tbh if Oda was not trolling us and Greenbull did not just randomly cover his blade in CoA, it most likely is a black sword.