Speculations Does Greenbull really have a black blade ?

Does Greenbull sword is a black blade ?

• Yes

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • No

Votes: 18 51.4%

• Total voters

CoC: Color of Clowns

Science(Knowledge) + God(Light) = Truth
When the chapter was first released, I doubted it was a black blade. But now I think it is indeed one, the white patterns in the middle is exactly how Oda draws Shusui

and swords coated in hardening

Ryokugyu :

It could just be active hardening, but the thing is that Ryokugyu isn't even holding the sword and it doesn't look like he has even used (or about to use it) either so that sounds pretty iffy

I'm not 100% on board about it being a black blade as one panel is not enough but from the look of it, it does seem to be one.
You just made my day. Strong visual evidence is enough to sell me. Great analysis, I honestly believe it's a Black Blade. YESSSSSSSSS

:funky:

When the chapter was first released, I doubted it was a black blade. But now I think it is indeed one, the white patterns in the middle is exactly how Oda draws Shusui

and swords coated in hardening

Ryokugyu :

It could just be active hardening, but the thing is that Ryokugyu isn't even holding the sword and it doesn't look like he has even used (or about to use it) either so that sounds pretty iffy

I'm not 100% on board about it being a black blade as one panel is not enough but from the look of it, it does seem to be one.
Bring back Shusui :(

Fuck Enma. Shusui >

Hopefully Zoro gets Nidai, that one i digged.

It's not that weird. Mihawk's Yoru also has no sheath.

It seems that the hamon can be distinguished. If it were made of wood, it would have to be homogeneous and would not have a hamon.

That is irrelevant. It is still a sword and therefore it may be Kokuto.

This is also irrelevant.

It could be, but that doesn't explain why he wears it on his waist, if it's a piece of wood he could create it whenever he wants and as I say you can distinguish the hamon.

We don't know what qualifies you to have a black sword. I don't think Green Bull is much younger than Mihawk and Mihawk has one and Zoro will get one or more under 25.
Didn't say those points prove it's not Black Blade, but together they make me have doubts.
This isn't the first time we see a weird looking Sword

We've seen Straw Sword, Light Sword, Gravi Sword, Sasaki's Sword, Ice Sword, King's Sword, Flame Sword, Homie Sword, Cloud/Dial Sword, Flag Sword, Elephant Sword, Lightning Sword ... etc

So yeah, i have trouble imagining Ryo not having a DF Empowered Sword, especially when he is Young & Fujitora doesn't have a Black Blade.
Not to mention that only the ones known as WSS have it, while Roger, WB, Oden, Rayleigh, Shanks, entire Wano Samurai don't have it ... etc

This isn't about Power Levels, Ryo having a Black Blade neither makes him above Admirals nor is he considered below them if he doesn't have it, being an Admiral is already enough to know how super strong he is. Next Chapter should confirm this detail

Bring back Shusui :(

Fuck Enma. Shusui >

Hopefully Zoro gets Nidai, that one i digged.
If you're still a hardcore delusional weirdo ZKK believer like me, fear not: Onimaru will bring Zoro Shusui, and he will slay Kaido with it.

The history of the sword Onimaru

Onimaru(鬼丸) is the name of a famous historical Japanese katana. It is regarded as a National Treasure and is also one of the "Five Swords under Heaven"(天下五剣). "Oni" means "devil", and "maru" which, while literally meaning "circle", is also a common naming convention as the suffix of Japanese ships and swords.

The sword was made by the swordsmith Awataguchi Kunitsuna(粟田口国綱). As legend goes, Hojo Tokimasa(北条時政) was having dreams nightly in which he would be tortured by a demon. One night, an old man appeared in his dream, professing to be the sword of Kunitsuna.

The sword had become tarnished and promised to rid Tokimasa of the demon if he would clean the sword. Tokimasa immediately cleaned the sword and stood it upright in his room, after which the sword, moving by itself, fell and sliced the neck of a demon that had been engraved on a fancily decorated pot. From this point on, Tokimasa no longer had dreams of the demon, and thus called the sword Onimaru.

:moonwalk:
Kunitsuna = Kunitsuna = Kuina. Onimaru is famous for decapitating an Oni. Hello, Kaido! Onimaru will bring the sword Shusui to Zoro so he can decapitate Kaido, just like his ancestor, Ryuma.

"An old man appeared in his dream". This references both Death visiting Zoro, Kozaburo appearing to him against King in his flashback, and his future encounters with Ryuma/Oden. Well, I believe Zoro actually trained with Oden and Ryuma in the Underworld, literally becoming "King of Hell" in the process.

Feel free to mock me, I know what comes from still repping this damn theory.

Didn't say those points prove it's not Black Blade, but together they make me have doubts.
This isn't the first time we see a weird looking Sword

We've seen Straw Sword, Light Sword, Gravi Sword, Sasaki's Sword, Ice Sword, King's Sword, Flame Sword, Homie Sword, Cloud/Dial Sword, Flag Sword, Elephant Sword, Lightning Sword ... etc

So yeah, i have trouble imagining Ryo not having a DF Empowered Sword, especially when he is Young & Fujitora doesn't have a Black Blade.
Not to mention that only the ones known as WSS have it, while Roger, WB, Oden, Rayleigh, Shanks, entire Wano Samurai don't have it ... etc

This isn't about Power Levels, Ryo having a Black Blade neither makes him above Admirals nor is he considered below them if he doesn't have it, being an Admiral is already enough to know how super strong he is. Next Chapter should confirm this detail
I think the biggest indication it's a real sword is that Ryokugyu is based off an actor who portrayed a sword wielding samurai, and fought tons of people at once. The bait is we're supposed to write it off as a plant/wood sword. Could be wrong though, we'll see.

It's extremely unlikely that it's just a selfmade wooden sword.
1) It has a real handle, like every real sword
2) You can clearly see the hamon.
3) The blade's shape is far too clean.

Three features that Aokiji's ice sword and Kizaru's light saber lack for example.
Tbh if Oda was not trolling us and Greenbull did not just randomly cover his blade in CoA, it most likely is a black sword.
Yeah it's weird, theres only one 1/3 panels in 1053 where we see him with a sword

Oh it's gonna be great

Mihawk wankers are gonna try to hype Greenbull because of the black blade and they think that Mihawk > GB because he uses a sword, but then Zoro himself destroyed that headcanon when he said King wasn't a swordsman

Shanks wankers are gonna try to use this as proof that blackblade is nothing impressive because there are more out there and Shanks doesn't have one because...
:pepelit:

GB because he uses a sword, but then Zoro himself destroyed that headcanon when he said King wasn't a swordsman
Greenbull and WB have similar fighting styles

Both can fight with swords, and also without it.

In the past when it came to is fuji a swordsmen topic, I was told since he uses his sword for every attack hes a swordsmen, well this doesnt apply to GB

Oh it's gonna be great

Mihawk wankers are gonna try to hype Greenbull because of the black blade and they think that Mihawk > GB because he uses a sword, but then Zoro himself destroyed that headcanon when he said King wasn't a swordsman

Shanks wankers are gonna try to use this as proof that blackblade is nothing impressive because there are more out there and Shanks doesn't have one because...
:pepelit:
Mihawk wanker here, currently hyping Greenbull because of the black blade, but I have Mihawk and GB at around the same level, at least for now (still hard to scale both of them).

I am VERY interested in finding out why Shanks doesn't have a black blade. Perhaps ONLY the World's Strongest Swordsman can create a Black Blade?

Why do you think Shanks doesn't have a black blade??

Mihawk wanker here, currently hyping Greenbull because of the black blade, but I have Mihawk and GB at around the same level, at least for now (still hard to scale both of them).

I am VERY interested in finding out why Shanks doesn't have a black blade. Perhaps ONLY the World's Strongest Swordsman can create a Black Blade?

Why do you think Shanks doesn't have a black blade??
Wait where do you place Mihawk in current top 10?

No it doesn't, having a sword =/= being a swordsman, King already confirmed that.
lol what? We clearly see he's capable of using his df without a sword

GB is a killing machine not a swordsmen 🙂
Actually he didn't.
Being swordsmanship as your comfort fighting style and being skilled with Sword = Swordsman.
King only confirmed that no matter what external abilities you have, if you can use a sword Zoro will surpass you, DF, Haki etc doesn't matter.

That's why Oda had Zoro destroy King.

Actually he didn't.
Being swordsmanship as your comfort fighting style and being skilled with Sword = Swordsman.
King only confirmed that no matter what external abilities you have, if you can use a sword Zoro will surpass you, DF, Haki etc doesn't matter.
Yall the same ones that told me fuji is a swordsmen because "muh using sword, cant use gravity without his sword." well here we are gb can clearly use his fruit without his sword to a high degree/
stop making up headcannon on what a swordsmen is in one piece