General & Others Why do so many people think Wano is the best arc?

Different people like different things.

I have noticed some weird things about Wano in particular though. There’s definitely an impression that some people decided beforehand that it had to be good, so the actual content didn’t even matter for their evaluation of the arc.

Generally from what I’ve seen, the most common things in praise of it are
- “there’s a lot of hype moments”
- “it’s based on Japan”
- “Goda never disappoints”

If you don’t think those are enough to make an arc the best, then it’s understandable that you won’t feel the same way as those that do.
Some of it would also be overcompensation because of a lot of hate the arc has gotten, so some people go to the other extreme and declare it’s the best ever because they don’t like seeing such hate.

Some of the reasons that people give for loving it can seem weird or irritating, but you can’t change what people enjoy.

Ok thanks for the clarity. Most 'retards' who call others retard for not having a same opinion won't have that kind of open minded attitude.
Post automatically merged:

People know this arc is shit but they have to pretend One Piece is relevant somehow.
Ah yes, another all knowing person. Good that you can read people inner feelings. Use your skills for greater good if you are interested in it.
Post automatically merged:

Well, everyone has their opinion. Me, for example, I don't like FMI arc, but that doesn't mean that those who like it are "retarded".
How dare you have different opinion. You are not counted. Only who didn't like are entitled to have opinions.

It's almost the worst arc story wise.

In an interview with Oda, "Oda feels satisfied but worried at the same time when he draws a good arc," the account shares. "When he drew [the] Enies Lobby arc, he felt, 'It will be impossible for me to draw [a] more touching story than this arc.'"

Oda stated there is no arc more touching than Enies Lobby. I always say this too. Enies Lobby/Water 7 was the peak of emotion in One Piece.

Wano has had 0 emotion and shitty plot direction, Enies Lobby was a literal master piece in story and art direction.

Yet absolute morons still have the nerve to call Wano the best arc in One Piece.

Because Luffy fighting a yonko instantly makes an arc than best apparently...It doesn't matter how shit the plot is or the lack of emotion. Gol D Roger flashback + Worst Gen vs yonko + new transformation = Greatest arc all time.

But an arc full of amazing twist, pure emotion, amazing art and story direction, One Piece at it's core, The art symbolizing and reflecting the state of the plot and emotions, actual stakes, feeling like the strawhats could actually lose, real tension in the crew, the crew actually interacting with each other on an emotional level, realism, the plot following themes, and everything that makes a great story great.

Wano was filled an overload of wackiness that got old really quickly, Oda trolling, too many off screened moments, uncompleted plot threads, bad powerscaling, bad story direction, lots of time wasted, lack of meaningful moments, lack of story progression, lack of emotion, characters like Marco and Big mom feeling useless and wasted, and more.

Wano is far from the best arc. Marineford, Water 7/Enies Lobby, Alabasta, Impel Down, Sabaody, and Dressrosa are all better.

Yet the majority of One Piece fans have this as their favorite arc...can you explain? The only explanation I hear is LAUGHTALE GOLD ROGER GEAR 5 WOW WOW WOW ROOF PIECE AMAZING

and? ok the plot was shit...

RECENCY BIAS IS ONE HELL OF A DRUG

:luuh:
If Oda had created a real war with with alliance taking massive casualties,no fake deaths,no dumb plot like hyiori we could have gotten something on paw with Marineford.Oda wasted the potential Wano had.

If Oda had created a real war with with alliance taking massive casualties,no fake deaths,no dumb plot like hyiori we could have gotten something on paw with Marineford.Oda wasted the potential Wano had.
DO you guys read One Piece or Two Piece?
Since when in One Piece are there ever been those things.
Previous massive confrontations in One Piece had 0 (Z E R O) deaths, like Enies Lobby or Fishman Island.
Nobody died in Impel Down.
Two plot devices died in Marineford, and one was even promptly replaced.
Lots of fake deaths in Enies Lobby (Galley la and franky family surviving a buster call thanks to ropes).

You guys set yourself up for disappointment and then get disappointed.