If Oda wrote a One Piece Spinoff, what would be the best spinoff series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CoC: Color of Clowns

Supreme Grade Peacock Slashers
Where the fuck is Arlong?Did he go to impel down?Oda missed an opportunity there,east blue villains that got captured could have been there.
I think Arlong got captured by the Celestial Dragons. Arlong is one of the most racist characters in the series, murdering humans for spite, just like the CDs. He enslaved people and forced them to give him tribute, the same way the CDs do. Arlong is a dark mirror of the Celestial Dragons, showing how racism trickles down.

I believe Nami is a Celestial Dragon (and also Uranus and the Queen of the Moon, but that's for another time).
Nami was enslaved by Fishman who had been abused by the Celestial Dragons.
Nami was a Celestial Dragon abused by Fishman, but will free Arlong, the Fishman who abused her.

Nami already showed she was willing to forgive Jinbei. Nami has always shown a willingness to forgive children. I believe Nami will see past the adult Arlong who hurt her, and see the child Arlong who helplessly watched his people be enslaved and destroyed. Arlong suffered the same pain of slavery that Nami did, and caused Nami's suffering by mimicking the behavior of the Celestial Dragons. Hatred is a vicious cycle. I think Arlong is being saved for a big moment with Nami. Oda just turned Buggy into a Yonkou: the East Blue is about to have a comeback, baby.

If Gin actually shows up in this Manga again I will lose my fucking shit
:lunazing:

I think Arlong got captured by the Celestial Dragons. Arlong is one of the most racist characters in the series, murdering humans for spite, just like the CDs. He enslaved people and forced them to give him tribute, the same way the CDs do. Arlong is a dark mirror of the Celestial Dragons, showing how racism trickles down.

I believe Nami is a Celestial Dragon (and also Uranus and the Queen of the Moon, but that's for another time).
Nami was a Celestial Dragon abused by Fishman, but will free Arlong, the Fishman who abused her.

Nami already showed she was willing to forgive Jinbei. Nami has always shown a willingness to forgive children. I believe Nami will see past the adult Arlong who hurt her, and see the child Arlong who helplessly watched his people be enslaved and destroyed. Arlong suffered the same pain of slavery that Nami did, and caused Nami's suffering by mimicking the behavior of the Celestial Dragons. Hatred is a vicious cycle. I think Arlong is being saved for a big moment with Nami. Oda just turned Buggy into a Yonkou: the East Blue is about to have a comeback, baby.

Damn...nice post.that would be a epic twist.I hope Buggy recruits those east blue villains into his crew and the Warlords too.

That part about the Pluton in Wano bugged me a little
Why did Nico Robin lie to Crocodile about the Poneglyph in Alabasta? She could have straight up told the truth and he would have fucked off from Alabastia since the weapon he sought was somewhere else
No harm done if she just told the truth, no?
Crocodile is smart as hell, even if he gave up on Pluton, he would leverage the information, and find some way to use it to gain power. Even if Robin stopped HIM from getting it, Crocodile learning the location was still incredibly deadly. Robin didn't trust him with the information at all. She was willing to die to protect the world from Pluton.

Once again, people misunderstand Oda's masterful writing. "Most Wanted" means that everyone around the world is simping for Monkey D. Dragon.
:sweat:
That's why they were all so surprised to find out that Luffy is Dragon's son: because Dragon, the sexiest man in the world, has a son with absolutely no sex appeal, nor sexual awareness. All this time, when we thought Dragon was trying to revolt against the World Government, clearly, he's actually trying to create a sexual revolution with Ivankov. I, for one, look forward to a world where "Oden" is an accepted gender, where Mermaids are no longer sold to ugly bastards, and where grown men dressing like babies is normalized. OKAMA WAYYYYY
its literally not even most wanted and thats a mistranslation lol. its "World's Worst Criminal". which could also imply highest bounty but its not the same

Don't wanna hear the Kid/Law > Sabo debate anymore. They're clearly weaker.
Of course they are. It's pretty clear Oda's intention with Sabo was to showcase to the readers how strong Ace would have become. That's why he made them almost dead even as children. Then he gave Ace an OP Devil Fruit, and made Sabo a haki beast, and then gave Sabo that same OP devil fruit. EoS Sabo = what EoS Ace would have been had he still been alive.

Last edited:

That would be really nice, like a raid on Mary Joa and Nami on her way to somewhere else runs by a cell, and in the corner of her eye spots Arlong being chained up, similar to Jinbei in Impel Down
And she would need to make the decision, free him or not
and in the end she would perhaps free him but not forgive him or something, to add some nuance to show that helping someone and forgiving someone does not have to go hand in hand
Headcanon over :moonwalk:

Crocodile is smart as hell, even if he gave up on Pluton, he would leverage the information, and find some way to use it to gain power. Even if Robin stopped HIM from getting it, Crocodile learning the location was still incredibly deadly. Robin didn't trust him with the information at all. She was willing to die to protect the world from Pluton.
I said in a post above.He could leave the warlords and join Kaido's crew for a while to search for Pluton.He could also unlock coo and coa since that place is full of haki users.he would just need to find a teacher.Robin screwed him big time.
Post automatically merged:

If course they are. It's pretty clear Oda's intention with Sabo was to showcase to the readers how strong Ace would have become. That's why he made them almost dead even as children. Then he gave Ace and OP Devil Fruit, and made Sabo a haki beast, and then gave Sabo that same OP devil fruit. EoS Sabo = what EoS Ace would have been had he still been alive.
yes,this makes sense.

I said in a post above.He could leave the warlords and join Kaido's crew for a while to search for Pluton.He could also unlock coo and coa since that place is full of haki users.he would just need to find a teacher.Robin screwed him big time.

yes,this makes sense.
croc probably does know haki. haki = willpower and dreams, and in alabasta croc had broken dreams + will from losing to whitebeard. in the baroque works cover story he gets his dreams back and decides he wants to be pirate king again and wants to step up to the yonko again and try to kill whitebeard a 2nd time, so hes more powerful in marineford. hes probably got coo and coa by now even if it hasnt been said out loud.

theres also that scene in alabasta when luffy grabs him and hes like "its not possible, he knows..." or w/e and then he's relieved when its just water. so he at least knows about haki

Damn...nice post.that would be a epic twist.I hope Buggy recruits those east blue villains into his crew and the Warlords too.
...I have a weird obsession with Don Krieg. I love how he was the first villain to push Luffy when it came to his weakness to water, and how he was the first pirate who was just a totally irredeemable asshole. And his armor is fine as fuck. The fact that Krieg kept trying to challenge Mihawk sends me, too. (I'll never rant about how much I kind of love Don Krieg again I swear)

:kata: kuro's return is gonna be legendary
I love Kuro, too, his claws were so fucking cool. Watching Usopp fight Kuro 1v1 would be really fun. I want to see Kuro show up with some grand master plan so badly.

croc probably does know haki. haki = willpower and dreams, and in alabasta croc had broken dreams + will from losing to whitebeard. in the baroque works cover story he gets his dreams back and decides he wants to be pirate king again and wants to step up to the yonko again and try to kill whitebeard a 2nd time, so hes more powerful in marineford. hes probably got coo and coa by now even if it hasnt been said out loud.

theres also that scene in alabasta when luffy grabs him and hes like "its not possible, he knows..." or w/e and then he's relieved when its just water. so he at least knows about haki
He definitely knows about haki.But i don't think he had it in the pre-skip.Maybe he unlocked it in Impel Down.

He definitely knows about haki.But i don't think he had it in the pre-skip.Maybe he unlocked it in Impel Down.
i think he had it, but lost it. im pretty sure its possible to lose your haki if your willpower is broken. i dont think whitebeard had haki in marineford either though, its like oda wrote scenes specifically to show him not using armament (attacking aokiji, someone says oh man is that haki?! and aokiji goes dont be ridiculous) observation (squard sneak attack) and conquerors (stopping aces execution but he fails and luffy does it instead)

we know wb had extreme haki from the oden flashback so he has to have lost it because he was dying of cancer + watching his family fall apart + son ace get captured and executed

That would be really nice, like a raid on Mary Joa and Nami on her way to somewhere else runs by a cell, and in the corner of her eye spots Arlong being chained up, similar to Jinbei in Impel Down
And she would need to make the decision, free him or not
and in the end she would perhaps free him but not forgive him or something, to add some nuance to show that helping someone and forgiving someone does not have to go hand in hand
Headcanon over :moonwalk:
Nami: "Arlong... no one caused me more pain than you. I can never forgive you, for murdering my mother for money. But... I know, more than anyone else, how painful it is, to be a slave, and be forced to serve racist people you hate. Even if I hate you, Arlong... I won't let you be a slave. I will never forgive you, but I will free you, because I don't want to end up full of hate and evil like you. I refuse to be like you. You aren't evil because you're a Fishman, Arlong. I suffered your hate, and I'm still willing to free you. Not because I'm a human, and better than you. This is my choice, a choice I make only as "Nami". You chose to destroy my life. Don't blame your race for your actions. Jinbei never did. I wish you hated racism as much as you hated humans. I hope I never see you again... Arlong. I also hope this world becomes free, of slavery..."
(HEADCANON INTENSIFIES) :moonwalk::moonwalk::moonwalk::funky::moonwalk::moonwalk::moonwalk:

i think he had it, but lost it. im pretty sure its possible to lose your haki if your willpower is broken. i dont think whitebeard had haki in marineford either though, its like oda wrote scenes specifically to show him not using armament (attacking aokiji, someone says oh man is that haki?! and aokiji goes dont be ridiculous) observation (squard sneak attack) and conquerors (stopping aces execution but he fails and luffy does it instead)

we know wb had extreme haki from the oden flashback so he has to have lost it because he was dying of cancer + watching his family fall apart + son ace get captured and executed
Marineford certainly had no haki in Marineford.Didn't split the sky with coc,didn't dodge squardo,etc...

Vice admirals ain't shit
Garp says hello

Status
Not open for further replies.