If Oda wrote a One Piece Spinoff, what would be the best spinoff series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

Ngl I can see that half of RHP might die/have critical damage making them unable to fight soon
I'm very worried about that being the case too. Oda taking the most convenient and swift routes to deal with them, not having to worry about having to make them competent fighters, how they will fight, their unique styles and abilities, who they will fight and thus how and why, how they will face the SHs or not etc.

I've suspected Auger will kill Yasopp and Usopp will have to avenge him, finally unleashing his true bravery and the "wrath of a vengeful God", with the vendetta Auger will cause upon himself.

I think we discussed before @Rottkins the idea of Usopp taking Yasopps gun after he dies and taking down Auger with it in a symbolically poetic revenge and evolution of Usopps character too. That one time the hero truly snaps, the one time the hero is driven beyond their own limits/beliefs ors whatever and does the unthinkable. Kinda like how when Batman snaps in some stories and actually kills the Joker for example. Or even Superman killing Joker in Injustice due to what he did ofc.

This could be why Oda has never let Usopp use a gun too. To make it more impactful when he does ofc, when has nothing left to lose, when he becames an orphan and hes no longer scared of dying but hes going to bring death to the one who took his father away from him instead.

At least I would love that anyway.

I really think Oda is gonna make us cry and grieve for the Red Haired Pirates soon, especially Shanks himself ofc, maybe him only but also for them if Shanks dies and we have to see them also grieving the loss of their beloved long time captain and f riend.

I really do not want this to happen, its been one of my biggest fears/nightmares of One Piece, that Oda has held off Shanks for this long and kept him a mystery because when his time comes to be in the spotlight, hes gonna burn like the biggest candle or firework and be taken from us as swiftly as he appears for us finally.

Its similar to the BS that Mihawk will die before facing Zoro again, I absolutely hate that idea and I will never forgive Oda if he does that too. But i've been very scared of that too since Oda had Zoro go to train with Mihawk for 2 years and thus it kinda spoilt their fated "rematch" and Zoro's "revenge" on him. Its kinda like if Luffy woke up at Marineford and saw Shanks and gave the Strawhat back there and then too or if Shanks was killed at Marineford somehow or at any point before now too.

This feels very apt right now tbh:

I kinda like the fact that Yassop said he wasnt mentally prepared to meet Usopp. Lol
Post automatically merged:

I still don't understand why Shanks is near Wano if he doens't even plan to go there
Is the Bartolomeo near Wano?
That's my guess, Bartolomeo probably wants to meet up with Luffy

G

Gorosei Informer

The leader of Knights of God is a sword master superior to even Ryuma The Sword God

My body is readdeeeh :steef:

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/iw8is4
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/sc5g7r/_/hu47gay
That reddit comment:

My new theory is that every Strawhat suffered a childhood tragedy at the hands of someone who only wanted to see them succeed.
Garp actually attempted to kill Sabo to drive Luffy to fight injustice.
Mihawk pushed Kuina down the stairs to drive Zoro toward a seemingly impossible goal. He laughed while he did it too
Bellmere invited Arlong to her hometown to make Nami's life difficult to force her to become good at navigation so she would find her own freedom.
Yasopp... Actually that piece of shit doesn't need anything extra cast on his motivations.
Vinsmoke Judge... Well actually here's another father figure making his children have an extremely difficult life in the hopes of toughening them up.
Dr. Hililuk dyed Chopper's nose blue for shits and gigs to isolate him from his herd so that he would be hungry enough to eat the devil fruit and begin learning medicine.
Who wanted a better life for Robin than Spandine who destroyed her home and sent her into a life on the run so she would know to only trust those who offer true friendship?
Tom actually called the World Government on himself to show Franky that their plans must be protected.
Brook's crew was never stuck in the Florian Triangle. Laboon just never liked Brook's original crew so he swam to the Grand Line and kept their ship in place until the whole crew died. He then allowed Luffy to pass through the Reverse Mountain after approving of him as a replacement captain for Brook. Up until Laboon stationed himself at the bottom of the reverse mountain it actually had a 100% survival rate. Laboon's confirmed kills number into the tens of thousands.
Jinbei's uncle secretly sewed his nephew into a punching bag and donated it to the local Fishman karate dojo to make him exceptionally durable. Jinbei was in there for six weeks and only survived by eating the beans his uncle used to fill out the rest of the bag.

Oh my god. Goda. We know what happened to Vivi. Oda literally spelled it out twice.
"I have been awaiting your arrival" -- said to Neptune, camera zooms in on Vivi.

"I will do anything to protect Shirahoshi's friends," - camera cuts back to Vivi.

I Revealed The Secrets of Shanks and Oda | One Piece - YouTube

Shanks not wanting to see Luffy and caring about One Piece ... is beyond me
Enjoyed that video lol.

I doubt he'll be the best written character in fiction lol but I have genuine hope that his secret motivation and antagonistic presence is what brings the story full circle and makes things genuinely complex for Luffy.

There is tons of potential there with him (and yes, Blackbeard)

Seatonnes

is probably playing Overwatch 2
Enjoyed that video lol.

I doubt he'll be the best written character in fiction lol but I have genuine hope that his secret motivation and antagonistic presence is what brings the story full circle and makes things genuinely complex for Luffy.

There is tons of potential there with him (and yes, Blackbeard)
This is shanks ulterior motives

I still don't understand why Shanks is near Wano if he doens't even plan to go there
Is the Bartolomeo near Wano?
Because Shanks went there to see if Luffy become Joy boy or not.

Then he see the new wanted posters, which was published on that day, which confirmed that Luffy become Joy Boy.

So Shanks didn't need to see him anymore.

G

Gorosei Informer

Also another death flag imo, Buggy suddenly becoming a Yonko. Maybe Buggy becoming a Yonko wasnt meant for replacing Big Mom but to replace Shanks? I actually "joked" about this exact scenario happening for a while now but my version was that Buggy would get serious after Shanks dying, unleash his true power and become Yonko in his honour, to replace him and protect his title and legacy and try to avenge him.

When the clown drops his facade and gets serious, it should be frightening imo.

Another thing to consider too, what if Shanks has also contracted this mysterious incurable illness that is affecting some One Piece characters and killing them too? Maybe the same one Roger had? Whitebeard had one too I believe?

Or Shanks just knows hes going to die due to some kind of prediction/prophecy or gut instincts, that "it has to be this way" for the "greater good" and hes making final steps to make sure everything goes to plan and he can do what he can before its too late.

This is all assuming Shanks will die though ofc.

If Shanks actually dies, I may have to drop OP for a while tbh. The shock will be far too much for me to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.