General Mafia General Chat

H

Homelander

There are many problems with TOS. I tried giving fixes but they were rejected by the playerbase. My opinion on this is that if you do not like TOS in the current form then do not play it. It is not well suited for a 24 hours game. TOS in turbo game format on the other hand is very entertaining. Playing TOS on the parent site may be a good experience.

In my opinion claiming always ruins a mafia game. It destroys the mystery of the game. However it is important to know that this is a very controversial topic and there is no unified agreement on this.
Exactly my point i remember the setup as host with Zem on Animebase . The mechanics are broken in general and adding jesters complicate stuff . I have no idea how Zem ran ToS game in my opinion its complicated for host they have to be alert all the time .

I would say its good with real board game it doesnt really work well in rpg style my case . I know many will disagree we have our opinion ;)

H

Homelander

You have to see me play in MU i pretend to play like beginner one of the key in playing mafia is to play dumb . If you act smart , people there will chew you .

Btw i would rate myself like 1.5 out of 5 in playing mafia but its fun playing in MU , people there think they are genius in playing .

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
I have very little experience to have any say but I think Mafia simply isn't about deducing who is scum and townie based on reads.

It's a lot to do with how you plan your moves and claiming roles simply add confusing into the mix because it's really difficult to ensure who is claiming correctly.

In short, both claiming and non claiming games require a different level of deduction and understand of game mechanics and reads which I think is challenging if you can't live upto it

H

Homelander

I have very little experience to have any say but I think Mafia simply isn't about deducing who is scum and townie based on reads.

It's a lot to do with how you plan your moves and claiming roles simply add confusing into the mix because it's really difficult to ensure who is claiming correctly.

In short, both claiming and non claiming games require a different level of deduction and understand of game mechanics and reads which I think is challenging if you can't live upto it
For a scum you need hell lot of planning . Good town players deduce the mafia players easily .

How ? Its just how you post , if you are familiar with the players activity and know his style of play then really easy .

However , claimimg ruins the esscence of mafia in my opinion i played games with no claim i think thats how it should work . Claimed games bore me out because its danger for Scum to reveal themselves . Now outing town roles on day 1 is misstep in my opinion only thing you can do in claiming game is have invest roles protected they are like life line for town . Outing them is like free message for mafia !! Thats why i never liked TOS particularly invest roles are getting outed easily it should never happen . Another thing i never use Jester , clown roles they tend to ruin the game setup i had long chat with @Rohan e explained why jester, judas are bad for game he is right .

Few things to note RPG style game have made things interesting for mafia but i dont really see much point . Oro jackson had those i found it really interesting some fo them developed novel storyline but i have seen weak game play with so many immunity power . Very downfall for the game was story driven mafia storyline you have to kill scum manytimes it can get boring .

Conclusion : Traditional mafia with Vanilla is best but people will find this boring haha that is true no one like no claimed games because you need to read entire thread to understand what mafia game actually is !

TOS is like apple juice and True mafia game with vanilla role is hard on beer .

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally dont like tos mechanics. It really needs heavy changes. The open claiming ruins the basic setup of mafia game.

I have played many game but tos is generally the worst i have seen or played . This is my general critic and Oro jackson's town of salem was generally not good in my opinion We def need some rules so to avoid breaking the basic conduct of the game.

What do you think @Rohan ?
Not a big fan of ToS for how easily it is to lynch people. I'm more of a prominently pure reads-based games fan, like traditional and expecially no claiming.

It's a matter of tastes I suppose.

R

Rohan

I do not think @Homelander is complaining. He is giving feedback on what he thinks is wrong with the mafia game he plays. He also says some good things about the game that he thinks is wrong.

Most important of all, he says "This is my opinion" hence it will not ruin anyone's experience with the game. If you give negative feedback in a good manner it is not a bad thing.

My perspective on this is to be versatile and allow both types of games (Normal and wonky). This is the reason why I rebranded bastard games as "Unpredictable mechanics games" on AB. This was done to remove the stigma that hosts get when they host wonky mafia games. Many people missed the point of the change unfortunately.

AL sama

Red Haired
Just make Town of Salem games to be 12/12 format rather than 24/24

ToS needs to be quick
I've played hundreds of TOS with 24/24 format

its bits shaky but playable
I do not think @Homelander is complaining. He is giving feedback on what he thinks is wrong with the mafia game he plays. He also says some good things about the game that he thinks is wrong.

Most important of all, he says "This is my opinion" hence it will not ruin anyone's experience with the game. If you give negative feedback in a good manner it is not a bad thing.
a few times can be seen as feedback but more them that can be considered complaining xD

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
I've played hundreds of TOS with 24/24 format

its bits shaky but playable
Yea its doable but ToS is rather simple in its design and that simplicity with long time period can often steam roll in favour of Town.
12/12 period however is fasted paced, good guys don't have as much time and their posts and actions have to matter twice as much.
OFC the trade off is some people might not participate due to time available but hey, price to make enjoyable game

H

Homelander

Yea its doable but ToS is rather simple in its design and that simplicity with long time period can often steam roll in favour of Town.
12/12 period however is fasted paced, good guys don't have as much time and their posts and actions have to matter twice as much.
OFC the trade off is some people might not participate due to time available but hey, price to make enjoyable game
You forgot there is DeathNote RPG . TOS is not much different than DN games!

H

Homelander

My perspective on this is to be versatile and allow both types of games (Normal and wonky). This is the reason why I rebranded bastard games as "Unpredictable mechanics games" on AB. This was done to remove the stigma that hosts get when they host wonky mafia games. Many people missed the point of the change unfortunately.
Its sad few here get angry when somepoints out unbalanced setups in Town of salem .

Last edited by a moderator: