G

Gorosei Informer

I gotta say, reading that answer Oda gave in that interview, when they asked if he was gonna draw anything after (like the robot stuff)

and how he said he already did that in One Piece, and how One Piece has everything he wanted to do

it's pretty badass

as a kid that loved videogames, i used to imagine this ideal videogame for me that combined a lot of the stuff i liked about many different genres and franchises

It's pretty awesome that Oda kinda did that, but with the different types of stories, myths and cultures he enjoys

all in one single thing, a big thing that took half of his life
OP is the ultimate melting pot of a series I've seen and I mean that in a good way ofc. Its really unique in that way. Big Moms territory/empire and family/crew are the ultimate meta example of this in the series itself too.

G

Gorosei Informer

I will tell you if he fucked up the ending but it looks really good so far
Mashima said that he planned some dark shit
Damn lol, I hope its not bait then. Fairy Tail did some pretty dark stuff but undid it pretty quickly/immediately pretty much. Sounds like EZ is more darker/brutal though, like Mashima has matured and wants his writing to as well naturally?

Appreciate it anyway!

:cheers::kata:

Why is toei ruining the anime? Please someone explain it to me. I'll Even go back to the animation we had in ennies lobby. Just stop this garbage that you're currently putting out. Please good fucking God. Stop changing the storyline. Stop revealing huge plot points way before they happen in the manga. Stop being shit toei. Good fucking God. Stop changing what actually happens in the goddamn storyline. It's not needed. Just extend the clashes and keep the major and important moments the same as the goddamn manga.

Look Iโ€™m gonna be honest here
Zoro using adv CoC was stupid
20 chapters ago he didnโ€™t even knew that he has CoC
but this is not only Zoro's problem, itโ€™s a general problem in OP
Luffy got a power up after power up because he "understood" some things and had flashbacks
Zoro too
Sanji too
Itโ€™s just stupid writing
I think Oda enjoys revealing new moves / powers in the middle of battle instead of showing us the characters learning them, like we're used to from watching stuff like Naruto, Bleach and Hunter x Hunter.

It's a more of an old style type of battle shounen, kinda like Dragon Ball and Saint Seiya.

Dragon Ball would show us the characters training really hard to learn something, and they would use it combat to great effect, but it the end they ended up unlocking something to defeat them at the spot.

In Saint Seiya we get a lot of new powers up being unlocked and used for the first time in battle, but it's always a matter of sacrifice. They can only use it / achieve it after many consequences. With characters killing themselves to defeat an enemy.

And with Oda it feels like he wants that effect, but without the work.

He doesn't show us the Straw Hats training enough for these things.

and he doesn't really make his characters sacrifice anything in order to defeat the enemy.

Things like Luffy's lifespan is a cheap way to do that for example.

And another problem is that because Oda wants to hide those new moves from us, he can't really say that those characters learned those things off screen, because most of the time we're following the Straw Hats all day.

So yeah.

But in the end, i just think Oda doesn't care about the logic of the powers and moves, he just likes to think what he would wanna draw and make the characters do.