• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Lol. Contrived logic. You wank Ashura dead game because it gave permanent scar
Oh, yes, and there is a good reason for it:

There is evidence suggesting leaving a permanent scar on Kaido means you did significant damage. Anything else is considered too shallow. Now you have to prove Luffy too inflicted significant damage to say he has done more damage. And we don't have any metric to confirm that for us.

Besides, Zoro's attack received much more recognition than anything Luffy has ever done to Kaido from one hit. For one, Kaido regretted getting hit by Zoro, which can be observed from him being visibly distressed while holding to wound and saying, "Damn it," up on getting hit.

He was visibly shaky in the middle panel. This never happened with any other attack he has taken. He usually just takes the attack and proceeds to fight. He doesn't take time to admire the attack or the damage.

He started shivering after the cut indicating it's taking a toll on him:

He started taking heavy breathings—for the first time—even when he wasn't fighting anyone—emphasizing the toll it's taking on him.

It was so bad that he started bleeding from the nose just from blocking an attack:

Obviously, he was able to withstand the attack and continued fighting. But no other attack that landed on Kaido before Luffy's awakening received this level of acknowledgment. Bear in mind that Kaido is far more injured when he's hit by OKG than he was when Asura hit him, yet he shrugged OKG off like nothing.

but Luffy knocked Kaidou down with just a base punch which Zoro thought he had done. If knocking down means nothing, then scar means nothing because both did 'nothing' at the end. Besides, Luffy can't 'scar' Kaidou like how Zoro can't knock down. So your argument is moot. Besides, here the argument is about CoC not about CoC+lethality from the sword.

And Luffy with adCoC forced Kaidou to become more serious and almost cornered before G5.

The only argument you mentioned in Luffy's favor shits on whatever headcanon nonsense you are making up. Not me, you are memeing yourself.
That's no more than a false equivalence and a failed attempt at lowballing the feat. Luffy's attacks forcibly knock down people while what Zoro was looking for is to knock Kaido off his feet via damage as he did with Kaku:

This is how Asura works. It doesn't send people flying with extreme force. Lol, Luffy's attacks target Kaido's internals, which by default makes them pretty lethal too. Luffy had a prolonged battle with Kaido while Zoro had an encounter that lasted like 3 seconds and he still did more damage than several attacks from Luffy combined, and he did that with crude CoC to boot. There is no comparison there.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Me: Katakuri using awakening for 3 vets.

PurpleGuy: Stop indirectly hyping up Zoro and King you damn Zorotard.
:sanmoji:

Power Mochi is not technically an awakening-specific ability. Awakening transforms the surroundings. While it is true that Katakuri uses awakening to have these peerless Donuts appear from any specific location and at any range, he could as well create those Donuts from his own body, especially when, like depicted in this chapter, he keeps him near himself anyways.

But whether he uses awakening or not is rather irrelevant. It just means he can use Power Mochi that casually. Hasn't Katakuri, in the WCI arc, trashed Ichiji low diff already to prove his worth in that regard?
Kaido also one shot Luffy with Thunder Bagua only for it to fail to KO Kinemon afterwards

Oda probably doesn't even remember the Ichiji moment

The fact that it wasn't commonsense and I even had to make that panel... a part of the fanbase legit grabs onto anything to downplay Mihawk lol. These ridiculous arguments & standards are only put on Mihawk and not on Yonkos.
Come on. Whenever ANY Yonko or ANY relevant strong character gets anti feats, there is dialogue. We are all too fucking deep in agenda up on agenda. So it's to be expected.

Oda likes katakuri a lot

The dude is back up fighting after hours after his extreme battle vs Luffy where he lost blood for hours cause he stabbed himself.

He still got up the same time as Cracker who took a day to be back.

His recovery and stamina is goated

"but...but kata will be a hypetool"
that's what king and queen are for
:kobeha::kobeha::kobeha:

and

ODA and the Fans love lord kuri

I really do not care, you are pressed for some reason and trying to stretch for whatever reason that I do it for King or Zoro.

If I wanted to include Zoro and King I would, I'm not pulling my punches but they were not the point of my discussion, I'm talking about Katakuri only.

So if he previously choked Ichiji in base, why does he use awakening now? Did something change?
Nothing changed. He went all out like Luffy against fodders and that does not mean anything at all regarding powerlvls unless it will be stated explicitly.
So, a moronic argument and try to bash Katakuri.

Oh, yes, and there is a good reason for it:

There is evidence suggesting leaving a permanent scar on Kaido means you did significant damage. Anything else is considered too shallow. Now you have to prove Luffy too inflicted significant damage to say he has done more damage. And we don't have any metric to confirm that for us.

Besides, Zoro's attack received much more recognition than anything Luffy has ever done to Kaido from one hit. For one, Kaido regretted getting hit by Zoro, which can be observed from him being visibly distressed while holding to wound and saying, "Damn it," up on getting hit.

He was visibly shaky in the middle panel. This never happened with any other attack he has taken. He usually just takes the attack and proceeds to fight. He doesn't take time to admire the attack or the damage.

He started shivering after the cut indicating it's taking a toll on him:

He started taking heavy breathings—for the first time—even when he wasn't fighting anyone—emphasizing the toll it's taking on him.

It was so bad that he started bleeding from the nose just from blocking an attack:

Obviously, he was able to withstand the attack and continued fighting. But no other attack that landed on Kaido before Luffy's awakening received this level of acknowledgment. Bear in mind that Kaido is far more injured when he's hit by OKG than he was when Asura hit him, yet he shrugged OKG off like nothing.

That's no more than a false equivalence and a failed attempt at lowballing the feat. Luffy's attacks forcibly knock down people while what Zoro was looking for is to knock Kaido off his feet via damage as he did with Kaku:

This is how Asura works. It doesn't send people flying with extreme force. Lol, Luffy's attacks target Kaido's internals, which by default makes them pretty lethal too. Luffy had a prolonged battle with Kaido while Zoro had an encounter that lasted like 3 seconds and he still did more damage than several attacks from Luffy combined, and he did that with crude CoC to boot. There is no comparison there.

I always wanted to send this:myman:

I

Indigo

Thank god Law finally went on his own way

:finally:

Expectation: Oda will now give us more screen time for the Straw Hats

Reality: Oda will create more shitty side characters to steal that time anyway

:josad:

K!NG HARA$H!MA

Hustlerversity Graduate
Power Mochi is not technically an awakening-specific ability. Awakening transforms the surroundings. While it is true that Katakuri uses awakening to have these peerless Donuts appear from any specific location and at any range, he could as well create those Donuts from his own body, especially when, like depicted in this chapter, he keeps him near himself anyways.

But whether he uses awakening or not is rather irrelevant. It just means he can use Power Mochi that casually. Hasn't Katakuri, in the WCI arc, trashed Ichiji low diff already to prove his worth in that regard?
Ichiji actually blow himself up to let Caesar escape and injured himself, katakuri just then hold him up

Status
Not open for further replies.