Questions & Mysteries WTF is Yamato?

Is Yamato a man or a woman?

• Man

Votes: 15 11.8%
  • Woman

Votes: 112 88.2%

• Total voters
Woaaaaah there, you mean to tell me you're a bigger mental health expert than a real psychologist? :myman:
I would argue with a vet about dog statistics if they were wrong.

Scientist don't know it all, it's why they constantly publish studies that refute previous misconceptions. Also I might be wrong but it would be more apt to talk with a neurologist about mental illness than a psychologist

Zolo

Cope Doctor
Not saying about HER race. Oda said that there are humans that born with horns. That is just Kaido and Yamato case.

But WTF is her? Man? Woman? Crazy?

To me she is a woman that is inspired by Oden and have this allucinating desire to be him.

I've heard people from trans community that said pretty much the same using other words of course.

But I see people outside from trans community that thinks calling Yamato a man is representative for them and anyone who thinks otherwise is transphobic.

What WG thinks of it?
There are a lot people with horns

To answer the actual question :

No I don't think Yamato counts as trans, or will be considered in anyway a man for much longer. The Oden LARP is clearly just that, one born from being a huge simp/fan for Oden rather than any discomfort (except maybe with being related to Kaido).

I'm betting it will go as Yamato is officialy induced in the SH.

Again, there's literally no data that connects transphobia with their high suicide rates.

Men apparently are oppressor's yet they have higher suicide rates than women, mental issues are a lot more complex than what you are describing.
Just this year both single and meta-analytic papers have been published supporting the link between both.

I'm pretty sure I'm a bit more aware than you of how complex mental issues are. If you think I reduce it to an oppressor-oppressed dynamic then you're just making up my ideas.

How could I even consider the idea that discrimination, significantly lower employment, rejection from families and pairs, higher odds of suffering violence, etc. increases suicidal ideation? People are happy that way, certainly.
Don’t bother. These people can’t stop hating themselves, never mind putting a stop to projecting that on others.

Report the posters and move on. If mods don’t action blatant hate speech and transphobia, this community isn’t worth being a part of. If you want, you can also simply inform the web host they’re hosting a forum that accepts hate speech.

Back when Yamato was introduced, this topic followed suit as well. Both sides have arguments, right or wrong. Twitter being twitter, mention this every chance they get and argue over it. The op subreddit also see this topic occasionally and its always a shit show.

I would say that we shouldn't stoop to their level, and stop this pointless discussion, even if you believe/know that your side is right. We have plenty of toxicity to go around with Powerscaling, Character agendas and Crew joining and the like. Lets not add this one to that list as well and just wait to see if the whole gender thing will resolve itself in the manga.

:endthis:

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
I think Oda himself is the problem here.
The only respectable trans character is Kiku if I'm not mistaken?
Then you have the Okama which look like monsters. Not a good look tbh.
And he made such a poor job of actually showing if Yamato's indeed trans or not.

Cause despite Yamato identifying as a man, Oda does a poor job of portraying that by over sexualising her, and the Oden stuff... The only reason she says she's a man is because Oden was a man, so she's literally only imitating Oden and not because she herself identifies as a man.
Stfu! The Okama are awesome! Bon Clay and Ivankov are great! They gave Sanji PTSD - fantastic!
Okamaphobe gtfo!

KonyaruIchi

👑𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓲𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷👑
People can call Yamato whatever they want, I honestly don't care about that bit. I've personally always gone with what canon seems to be showing us, that is to say she never asks to be referred as a man unlike characters like Kiku who specify their preferred gender. Also again to draw a similar comparison, her vivre card specifies she's a woman, whereas character like Kiku actually have the distinction of "woman at heart" implying the gender preference. Yamato is a woman, if you ask me :kayneshrug: