One Piece Episode 1028 - Surpass the Emperor of the Sea - Luffy Strikes Back with an Iron Fist

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • 4/5

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • 3/5

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • 2/5

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • 1/5

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • 0/5

Votes: 19 27.1%

• Total voters
Whoever directed 1017 shoulda stayed. Roofpiece became a shitshow after that masterpiece of an ep. The animation this episode was great but beyond over the top, wtf are we even supposed to be watching? Imagine being an anime only lmao.
Honestly I liked the Fulgora the most in this episode

What the actual fuck was that Luffy vs Kaido part? Dude it's just punches with red/black lightning, stop this.

I should've known as bad the first luffy vs kaido and zoro vs killer fights were with its DBS over the top BS this was 10x worse and also to much yellow (I don't like yellow for coc coating) and everything with the clash was to much the camera spinning around them made worst.

Youre still talking after last weeks massive L?

For those that missed it, the animator who literally animated Zoro's asura called the auras dogshit 😭
The reason why was because the shapes in his drawing were massacred. He drew actual aura's over stuff. He was more referring to the compositing of the aura.
Post automatically merged:

Anyway, that second half is probably the best bit of One Piece in the last year by a large margin. I think that was even better than either half of 1015.

First half wasn't quite as good, but it was still a great half.

Overall, episode was a banger, the second half popped off insanely hard and I was completely there for it.

Whoever directed 1017 shoulda stayed. Roofpiece became a shitshow after that masterpiece of an ep. The animation this episode was great but beyond over the top, wtf are we even supposed to be watching? Imagine being an anime only lmao.
But the direction for 1017 was one of its weakest aspects. The episode was entirely carried by how much sakuga there was.