One Piece Episode 1028 - Surpass the Emperor of the Sea - Luffy Strikes Back with an Iron Fist

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • 4/5

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • 3/5

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • 2/5

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • 1/5

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • 0/5

Votes: 19 27.1%

• Total voters
@Fuckthis3 I agree with you on one thing, it's useless to complain when there are some cocky ass twitter emplyes advocating for overuse of auras. You are right.

In cases like that the best way to show how people dislike something is once it affects their money. Stop purchasing/paying anything Toei related, the complaining wont make a difference, even that employe from last episode who complained didn't mean shit.

Once it effects money only then it can be reflected.

ch1010 was one of the highlights of the arc, and they split it into two poorly paced and conceived episodes, adding strange filler and removing the weight of the scenes.
Excessive auras were disgusting, reused recycled shots within the same episode were egregious whether it be Big Mom FALLING INTO THE OCEAN last episode or Hyogoro overlaying his face as Luffy is actually doing his attacks.
At least Kaidou looked menacing when he thought Luffy couldn't use adv CoC, but this clash should have been treated with the same care as the Roger/WB clash, it has a direct callback with Trafalgar standing in for Oden "They aren't touching".

And Toei fucked themselves anyway because it meant they couldn't show the Uta episode before film Red came out.

when the series own animators are complaining and yet the fans still sucking it :kobeha::kobeha::kobeha:
theres no hope for us :josad::josad::josad:
Yeah, the compositing for Yen's scene was bad. Doesn't mean its always bad. The reason why it was bad was because he drew a lot of really nice shapes that were obliterated by the compositing.

That wasn't really the case this episode where the effects work and compositing were maintained.

when the series own animators are complaining and yet the fans still sucking it :kobeha::kobeha::kobeha:
theres no hope for us :josad::josad::josad:
Using this like this man represents the whole toei lol and since you want bring this up post the Henry tweet about how the auras goin be around years and years you don't want do that tho and you right they no hope for yall cus everybody don't hate it lol

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Yeah, the compositing for Yen's scene was bad. Doesn't mean its always bad. The reason why it was bad was because he drew a lot of really nice shapes that were obliterated by the compositing.

That wasn't really the case this episode where the effects work and compositing were maintained.
I feel bad for that dude man. He probably drew a kickass scene knowing how much the fans anticipated it, and had to watch it go to shit with an obnoxious aura.

Excessive auras were disgusting, reused recycled shots within the same episode were egregious whether it be Big Mom FALLING INTO THE OCEAN last episode or Hyogoro overlaying his face as Luffy is actually doing his attacks.
The difference is that the Hygoro flashback was thematically relevant to the scene and added to what was visually going on. Like, the flashback were Hygoro says focus your unused haki into your fist is immediately followed by a visualization of that occurring.

Like this episode when the aura dominated the art of the scenes/characters.

Dbs doesn't belong in OP, sorry.

The difference is that the Hygoro flashback was thematically relevant to the scene and added to what was visually going on. Like, the flashback were Hygoro says focus your unused haki into your fist is immediately followed by a visualization of that occurring.
Yeah I understand that, just don't overlay his face over Luffys attacks as he does them, and repeating the same clip 3 times within the space of 3 minutes is not endearing or well conceived.

@Fuckthis3 I agree with you on one thing, it's useless to complain when there are some cocky ass twitter emplyes advocating for overuse of auras. You are right.

In cases like that the best way to show how people dislike something is once it affects their money. Stop purchasing/paying anything Toei related, the complaining wont make a difference, even that employe from last episode who complained didn't mean shit.

Once it effects money only then it can be reflected.
Facts fuck all that talking I would love to hear some fans pull up on them and make a change then boom auras done

I feel bad for that dude man. He probably drew a kickass scene and had to watch it go to shit with an obnoxious aura.
We know what he drew. The genga for that scene was shared. I'll use examples of how the compositing for aura's can be done well and done badly.

Small disclaimer, this isn't the full scene, mainly just the animator who had complaints cut from the episode. Another animator also helped out with the scene and his cuts aren't included in the production materials we have for that scene.

This is a scene where the aura maintains the shapes used by the animator.

Post automatically merged:

Yeah I understand that, just don't overlay his face over Luffys attacks as he does them, and repeating the same clip 3 times within the space of 3 minutes is not endearing or well conceived.
The thing is, it wasn't exactly the same thing. Hygoro gives Luffy several little nuggets of advice. The one about focusing his aura into his fist is only used once from memory.

Like this episode when the aura dominated the art of the scenes/characters.

Dbs doesn't belong in OP, sorry.
This wasn't like DBS at all???

And even in this episode, not really. I think the compositing for the effects this episode was far better than last week. You can clearly make out the shapes and effects the animators are using. They aren't obliterated by glow.

ZenZu

We know what he drew. The genga for that scene was shared. I'll use examples of how the compositing for aura's can be done well and done badly.

Small disclaimer, this isn't the full scene, mainly just the animator who had complaints cut from the episode. Another animator also helped out with the scene and his cuts aren't included in the production materials we have for that scene.
[MEEDIA=twitter]1555122555081859072[/MEDIA]

This is a scene where the aura maintains the shapes used by the animator.

The thing is, it wasn't exactly the same thing. Hygoro gives Luffy several little nuggets of advice. The one about focusing his aura into his fist is only used once from memory.
Un fucking fortunate.

And yea I don't have any issues with having an aura for Asura it needs one. But going back and looking at the auras done right it's a shame how they butchered his scene.

Un fucking fortunate.

And yea I don't have any issues with having an aura for Asura it needs one. But going back and looking at the auras done right it's a shame how they butchered his scene.
Sorry, messed up the embed for the genga, but you get the idea. Animators put a lot of work into drawing striking effects work and they get very upset when that effects work becomes impossible to make out. Similar sort of thing with why blurring smoke effects is generally disliked.

ZenZu

@ConquistadoR

Look at the original sketch. Would have been so badass in motion. They ruined that mans work.

I watched the Asura scene a few more times and I gotta say I set my expectations so low that I deluded myself into liking it more than it deserved. Going back to pre roof Zoro scenes reminded me of what an S tier scene actually looks like.