One Piece Episode 1028 - Surpass the Emperor of the Sea - Luffy Strikes Back with an Iron Fist

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • 4/5

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • 3/5

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • 2/5

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • 1/5

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • 0/5

Votes: 19 27.1%

• Total voters

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
This is a weekly anime. Stop complaining. The studio doesn't have to animate the most important scenes from the arc well, lower your expectations.
That's what's baffling about all this. They have been animating extremely well. They just willingly choose to shit all over their animation by smearing it with every colour imagineable.

I liked the Big Mom stuff although it was abit slow, the Fulgora looked insane.

Kaido looked great too, with the meaning physique and red aura (this aura done right)

The clash between Luffy and Kaido was too slow and it also had too many visuals. Lacked the impact and feel of the manga...really disappointing

Damn waaaaay over the top. They really fucked up with all that extra effects. God damn, did they give that job to a 12 year old?
Just animate a fucking punch with a lightning trail and a decently powerful haki blast. Sometimes less is more, Toei.

And what's up with that aura around the body thing? They also used that for Ryou, basically all throughout Wano, for every damn scene, but Oda never draw it. With all those extra effects I don't even know what's just extra and what is supposed to be canon anymore lol

Edit: Fulgora was great tho

Man I need to process what I saw, I don't even know if I like it or not. :saitahu:
Aura over the top, this was waaaaay too much, I could even enjoy the choreography of the fight like in the chapter :snoopy:
Overall the episode was really good if we'd tone down the Aura, and I loved the new ost

Lol this is hilarious. A bunch of people who do nothing but hate on One Piece are… hating on One Piece. Not surprising. Great episode. The BM part started off boring, but then the Fulgora was awesome. The Killer and Kid part was fire. And the Luffy vs Kaido scene was epic. The only problems were the replaying of the recap scene and the Page One scene, but luckily it was short. Amazing how many people complained about the pacing of this episode, when this was actually one of the better paced Wano episodes. Compare it to last episode and see what I mean.
When OP is good I'll say it's good, the first few episodes of roof piece were absolutely amazing.
They cut up chapter 1010, one of the top 5 chapters in the arc into two episodes, so they could book end and stretch it out with filler.
The auras were absolutely excessive and lost the whole point of the chapter THAT LUFFY WAS DOING WHAT KAIDOU WAS DOING.

Man I need to process what I saw, I don't even know if I like it or not. :saitahu:
Aura over the top, this was waaaaay too much, I could even enjoy the choreography of the fight like in the chapter :snoopy:
Overall the episode was really good if we'd tone down the Aura, and I loved the new ost
If you tone it down the auras will still be there why you saying it good? Lol

Regardless of how people feel about this animation and effects. It’s still a much better place than where One piece Anime was in the 2010-2018 Era. I’ll take this aura/cube shit any day over the fishman island, punk hazzard and dressrosa Animation.