Break Week Now that some time has passed what is the overall rating of Sanji and Zoro's fights in Onigashima?

Rate Sanji and Zoro's fight

• Great

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • Neither liked nor disliked it

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • Ass

Votes: 11 19.0%

• Total voters
I stopped reading around the time Sanji's fight started and picked it back up again when Zoro's fight ended. Binging the fights, i thought they were anticlimactic and choreography wise very boring.

Now that some time has passed, how do you feel about these two fights? Do you appreciate them more or dislike them more then when you initially read it for the first time?

Last edited:
I stopped reading around the time Sanji's fight started and picked it back up again when Zoro's fight ended. Binging the fights, i thought they were anticlimactic and choreography wise very boring.

Now that some time has passed, how do you feel about these two fights? Do you appreciate them more or dislike them more than when you initially read it for the first time?
Zoro vs King was too rushed, but still got 8 out if 10.

Cook vs Queen sucked from start to finish, but the sight of Cook winning after a decade was good, so 2 out of 10.

One piece fights have become ass for a long time now. Fight s just happen and SHs win.

Only tactical think was kings weird ass no dmg vs speed form.

Sanji vs Queen 6/10 (peak moment: Sanji crushing the can with the RS in it under his feet).

Zoro vs King 8/10 (peak moment: CoC awakening).

Zoro's fight was good enough but a little bit rushed so 8/10.

Sanji's fight wasnt really good and tbh i never felt in the whole arc that Queen was a real threat. The way Oda portrayed him made him look more like a clown/jackass rather than a serious and bloodthristy oppenent. 4/10

I rate both 8/10 for different reasons. Zoros was the best choreographed fight, while Sanjis told by far the best story and had the best characterization.

Zoros fight loses points because of king and Zoros connection basically just being slapped on at the tail in because oda seemingly forgot to include it earlier

Sanjis fight loses points because oda didn’t know how to draw clashes for these two outside of one gets hit then the other gets hit

I never liked any of Sanji Fights tbh nor his Opponents, Queen Fight was no different, but since it's been long time since we saw Sanji Fight and he showed new stuff, I'm gonna give it a 6

I didn't like Zoro Fight as much as my favorite ones of his, nor did I enjoy King as those Past Opponents but it was still great, worthy of 8, however it's Zoro Power Up that makes me give it a 9

If you compare it to OPM then 1/10
If you compare it to MHA 4/10
TO JJK 2/10

Its really bad poorly written, rushed

Some clashes and then big moment no thrill

Both mid diffed there enemies

Zoro vs King 8/10

Sanji vs Queen 5/10
The reason I rank this so low is because Queen was incompetent, Sanji losing himself was absolutely irrelevant and had no further consequence, I hated Sanji running away and Queen as an awful opponent. I will admit IJ was spectacular though.