Spoiler One Piece Chapter 977 Spoilers Discussion

Who Is Best Girl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I seriously hate how Oda consistently treats the weak trio as weak cowards who cannot do anything although they are easily powerful individuals as well.

At first, Chopper. After WCI, I thought Chopper will do something about his strength since Pedro's death also hit him very hard but here he is, hiding at his enemies. That's a fucking joke.

Usopp using CoO to snipe Sugar miles away? What happened with that? Did he even do SOMETHING during that time when Luffy was absent???

Nami... Please Nami... you have Zeus! Fucking USE IT!!
As long as the adult trio stay stronger im happy

The fact they they even had power ups like coo or zues and are still stronger just...
:finally::finally::finally:

I don't know how it will go, but something horrible will happen. And it might not just be the heroes getting beaten. It could be worse. I predicted Act 3 could end here to make way for Act 4, but since we're heading into battle already without some breather before it, I'm guessing this isn't where they win. Plus, small note, but it's strange how the forces are still 5400. Dangerously close to 5600, 56 being Luffy's number. It could be a hint more reinforcements should arrive, but I doubt 200 extra will make much of a difference.
The alliance such as it is right now is most certainly not strong enough to take on two Yonkos, it's not even sure they can take one down. Whatever we saw of Kaido and Big Mom I feel that it's only the tip of the iceberg of what they can do. And there may be a tragedy that could happen as you said.
This battle may only be the prelude before the real war.

Not really sure how Batman fits in with all of that. Along with Page-One & Holdem comparison or the Kamazou comparison with Page One. They're all different characters. Holdem was essentially a scrub with not much relevancy as far as being one of Kaido's bigger fighters. Kamazou was a side guy under Oden, rather than Kaido himself, then we find out he was Kidd's partner.. so his character has a whole different relevancy now. Page One is one of Kaido's highlighted fighter as one of the flying six. So him coming back for vengeance against Sanji is a possibility, if he's not taken out.
Well obvious Strawhats won't kill people, so them coming back will be a chance, but doesn't take away they were defeated in the end (Tied in Zoro's case), so even IF PO is coming back later, he still lost to Sanji as doesn't explain why he didn't continue the mission afterwards with Drake and Hawkins, so have to be beaten down to stop him even terrorizing others.

Dude, stop. PO hasn't been confirmed and that could be Hawkins there with his legs as you never know and IF PO is there, he was taken out, but not forever, but we never heard him doing bad things anymore or after them since the fight, so doesn't take away what Sanji did to him.
Toei knows what happening in Wano. They wouldn't of made page 1 get up if they didn't know.

hell of a training is lifting some rocks and training advanced coa for a few days?
Yes, aside from the boost his overall stats received his advanced armament Haki is a massive jump in strength when combined with his own physical strength. Luffy's biggest obstacle was how to get past Kaido's scales, and now he's fully capable of doing so.

if thats all it took to go from neg diff to facing them head on, then we would have a bunch of top tiers running around.
And? this is irrelevant. Luffy got easily manhandled by Crocodile twice in the same arc because he couldn't get past his devil fruit, similar to how his G4 couldn't harm Kaido's body, however after his intense training he already utilized internal destruction, the only possible way for him to harm Kaido and he's "still not ready"? you are trapped into the delusional thought that Luffy shouldn't be close to a Yonko until EoS.

Wake up my man, although Luffy won't solo Kaido, he will deliver the most damage to him and play the major role at his downfall whether we like it or not.

Marines and yonko captured him and couldnt kill him, yet you wanna tell me luffy, who barely learned the basics of this advanced coa is ready?
Once again you're trapped in pre time skip delusion, it was said they couldn't kill him, not couldn't beat him. not a single instance in the manga says Kaido is invincible at combat aside of the usual rumors and heresys.

What do you mean by basics of advanced armament Haki? there's basics for Haki in general which Rayleigh had already told Luffy about, but 2nd level advanced armament only offers one ability (transferring damage into targets) which Luffy is currently proficient at as seen when he evaporated a tree without touching it. there's no more CoA training needed for him later.

Oda has built this arc and Oden's flashback specifically to plan for Kaido's downfall. avenging Oden and the Kozuki family by taking down the Beasts pirates > leads to liberating Wano and opening its border > leads to the Oden prophecy coming true.

Saying Kaido won't fall in Wano is literally like pulling the middle finger to Oda's entire storyline, ignoring everything regarding context/plot.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
As @dirtyLarry said in the past, the war overall in wano make more sense then just in Onigashima.
Oh, yeah. I was also a proponent of the War occurring all over Wano. It should be like the great wars in japanese history. Like the Bakumatsu or Genpei War which spanned the lands. That'd be much more thrilling than ending it all in a confined space like Onigashima. Plus, it makes more sense for the land of Wano to be destroyed and then later rebuilt by the people. A way to start over, both literally and figuratively. Leaving behind old customs as they bring everything back from the brink.

Man, I seriously hate how Oda consistently treats the weak trio as weak cowards who cannot do anything although they are easily powerful individuals as well.

At first, Chopper. After WCI, I thought Chopper will do something about his strength since Pedro's death also hit him very hard but here he is, hiding at his enemies. That's a fucking joke.

Usopp using CoO to snipe Sugar miles away? What happened with that? Did he even do SOMETHING during that time when Luffy was absent???

Nami... Please Nami... you have Zeus! Fucking USE IT!!
That's one of the reasons why I immediatly saw Nami managing to get Zeus on her side while BM was charging towards the Straw Hats as ridiculous plot armor, knowing how she usually becomes terrorized over less frightening and dangerous situations.

Sanji Fans really can be pitied, and here i thought the ones who like LinLin have a hard time here, but Sanji Stans are equally rect haha. Well what can i say, finally Wano is halfway endurable, thanks to Jinbae ~
*myalltimefavoritestrawhat*
uwu
Also LinLin in kimono, wanna see ~
Not really, just 'small fanbase' have issues, but you should have seen last week when Zoro-Fans got their prediction wrong like this one.

All three of them should be powerful enough (or at least CONFIDENT in themselves for surviving this long in the New World) to not be doing this coward bullshit anymore...kinda disappointing to see them portrayed like ineffectual weaklings when they’ve shown so many times that they *CAN* take down strong opponents.
I mean, I expect them to beat at least some fodders on these ships. Especially Nami should be able to wipe out several ships with a single lightning strike due to Zeus but here she is, hiding as usual, lol.

I don't know what Oda sees in these joke moments. They are way too overused, not even a bit funny and just unfitting for a sea battle in the New World, at the territory of an effing Yonko.
And at worst: He only portrays the weak trio as huge jokes when they are supposed to be powerful enough against fodders. They are straw hats as well, part of the crew of the future Pirate King. Heck, what did they do during their timeskip training? It's all meaningless if Oda keeps portraying them as weak cowards ffs.

Yes, aside from the boost his overall stats received his advanced armament Haki is a massive jump in strength when combined with his own physical strength. Luffy's biggest obstacle was how to get past Kaido's scales, and now he's fully capable of doing so.

And? this is irrelevant. Luffy got easily manhandled by Crocodile twice in the same arc because he couldn't get past his devil fruit, similar to how his G4 couldn't harm Kaido's body, however after his intense training he already utilized internal destruction, the only possible way for him to harm Kaido and he's "still not ready"? you are trapped into the delusional thought that Luffy shouldn't be close to a Yonko until EoS.

Wake up my man, although Luffy won't solo Kaido, he will deliver the most damage to him and play the major role at his downfall whether we like it or not.
Except luffy was stronger than croc, luffy was always physically stronger or equal to everyone he fought, it was just that he needed to figure out the trick to beat them. Against kaid, he was completely overwhelmed in physical stats. Thats the difference. Kaido blitzed him, he one shot him, and took no damage from him. You wanna tell me in a couple of days he goes from that to doing the most damage to him? Sure he can hurt him now. But there are levels of damage he can do, i doubt hes gonna go from doing no damage to doing hard/serious damage. It would be bullshit of thee highest order.

Status
Not open for further replies.