Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since she wants to live like Oden, it makes sense, because Oden was banned from the capital at a certain age, and then he traveled around Wano and became the leader of the criminals in that region
I pointed out yesterday how that doesnt really make sense, Oden explored Wano because he couldnt leave it, it was out of boredom essentially, so refusing to leave it is the most anti Oden she could be. Also she read that shit for 20 years and up until a few days ago she was still dead set on joining, why only now is she realizin that she should travel Wano first? She should've realised that years ago, and why not do it after going to sea? After all Oden came back and continued to travel Wano to do his dance. It just doest make sense...

The Walking Muscle, Plot-armor and Boobs Trio
it just seems that way because Wano is far bigger than any previous arc. No one complained when Oda added stuff due to ‘outside pressure’ like the Supernovas
Because Oda didn’t lose the plot because of it. I would not be against listening to outside people if it enhances the story. Existance of other pirates aiming for the same as Luffy was a good thing.

Here, however, his story completely fell apart, and either:
  1. He never had a concrete story to begin with and started shaping story based on feedback he received or
  2. His original story got changed due to outside pressure/feedback.
Either way, it damaged the story and complaining is valid.

It reminds me of the nightmares I had after seeing Orochimaru for the first time and his battle with Naruto and Sasuke in the forest.

That was an antagonist that really leaves a big impression on you, who could terrify even the most reckless and fearless characters and against who there was true danger and stakes.

It's one of the kind of antagonists that One Piece cruelly miss, especially after seeing this anticlimatic saga.

I pointed out yesterday how that doesnt really make sense, Oden explored Wano because he couldnt leave it, it was out of boredom essentially, so refusing to leave it is the most anti Oden she could be. Also she read that shit for 20 years and up until a few days ago she was still dead set on joining, why only now is she realizin that she should travel Wano first? She should've realised that years ago, and why not do it after going to sea? After all Oden came back and continued to travel Wano to do his dance. It just doest make sense...
it's a twist, you don't have to think about it. just look surprised and wait for the next chapter.

It's one of the kind of antagonists that One Piece cruelly miss, especially after seeing this anticlimatic saga.
One Piece was never gonna have villains like Orochimaru. And Luffy is not the kind of character to be terrified by anything (although Kizaru and Akainu did bring him down to earth). But Crocodile, Enel and Lucci were properly menacing. Kaido lifting Onigashima and heading to Flower Capital was promising. Oda needed Kaido to wipe out parts of Wano like Enel did with Skypeia.

I mean, it would be like how other arcs work when there's an in-between update between the other characters.
Since if the spoilers say that Act 3 has ended then it's going to be a curtain drop like other acts, which leads to what I was talking about
And when it comes back time is going to pass a bit potentially
I wasn't sayin there was gonna be an act IV

:kaidowhat:
Also where the hell is this coming from even
I really don't get how people say rude shit like this over such mundane things
Probably we get next arc and that's all... Oda is rushing up.

One Piece was never gonna have villains like Orochimaru. And Luffy is not the kind of character to be terrified by anything (although Kizaru and Akainu did bring him down to earth). But Crocodile, Enel and Lucci were properly menacing. Kaido lifting Onigashima and heading to Flower Capital was promising. Oda needed Kaido to wipe out parts of Wano like Enel did with Skypeia.
it's not like it would have changed much. enel never killed anyone. even when he destroyed the cloud island everyone had already evacuated. you expect the mantra guy to know that but no, he let them go.

Also, another reason why I still think the guardian deity crap is bullshit, is because both Kaido and Luffy were refereed to as such in this arc
They weren't. Not in the original Japanese script. In Japanese Yamato is referred to as Wano's "守り神" which is literally "protecting god". Kaidou and Luffy are called "明王" which are wrathful Buddhist deities, widely used as imagery by the yakuza. English translation opted for a generic "guardian diety" term for those two because I presume they believed no one would know what a 明王 is. IIRC a fan translation actually used the literal translation which is "Wisdom King" and the internet laughed at it because it sounded dumb.

this is why i'm not exactly optmitist about what's going to happen now. just because we left wano doesn't mean all the writing problems will dissappear.
Btw: Does Oda know that the fanbase isnt too stupid to realize all the writing problems that are going on since 1-2 years? And he still does this wannabe plottwist shit with Yamato? Oh my.

it's not like it would have changed much. enel never killed anyone. even when he destroyed the cloud island everyone had already evacuated. you expect the mantra guy to know that but no, he let them go.
It was the intent that mattered. He made it clear that there was nowhere to run and he was going to wipeout all of Skypeia. Evacuation wouldn’t have changed anything in the end. At least that't what the young me felt. That Enel was actually going to destroy everything.

With Kaido, if he had managed to destroy parts of Wano, same intent would show. Sometimes action speaks louder than word.

Status
Not open for further replies.