Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Oda rectifies this. Not a fan of the rhetoric used to justify killing all the people of a clan/family. It's usually that they're supposedly inherently evil or it's to prevent vengeful kids from taking action in the future. I've only read it twice in manga but that's two too many times.

Fishman Island handled discrimination much better and even when a noble character like Fisher Tiger displayed prejudice, it was handled with quite a lot of nuance regarding it not being portrayed as right simply because he was persecuted.

some copy and paste from reddit........

"What I think oda is trying to show (I hope) is that in reality hiyori and the citizens of wano after 20+ years of hell would look at the kurozumi and do exactly that. Hate them, hunt them, group them with worst even if it's children and genocide them. Just like they originally did. It's probably an attempt at dark ending (though I have to be real it's bad attempt) about how history is repeating it self and if it weren't for momo not skipping 20 years of wano and meeting luffy it would probably be the same cycle of hate. It probably also has to do with why oden wanted to unvail a weapon of mass destruction (like how momo was surprised that oden wanted to open the walls to release pluton not to open wano). It's probably an attempt to make hiyori a grey character and I wouldn't be surprised if the story of wano continued she ends up against momo (because momo believes that no one should be hunted for the action of his ancestors while hiyori believes they should genocide the kurozumi even if its a random kid of a 8th cousin of oroochi's grandparents and "what do you know you weren't here for 20 years" ) like I wouldn't be surprised If momo wants to use pluton as a tool for peace while hiyori wants to use pluton as a tool for war (and it seems like oden also wanted the same as hiyori )"

Status
Not open for further replies.