Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s simple, the pun literally implies all Koruzumi are inherently evil and deserve to die

the fact that this is being propagated by the school system is hilarious. The shit Oda gets by his editors lmao
What Hiyori and Wanonese people are doing isn't what Oda is advocating though. Oda is showing the dark side of "winners". Oda is showing that even "good guys" have heavy flaws. Luffy's allies aren't even good people really. Captain Kid murders civilians and Bartolomeo terrorizes people.
Post automatically merged:

It’s simple, the pun literally implies all Koruzumi are inherently evil and deserve to die

the fact that this is being propagated by the school system is hilarious. The shit Oda gets by his editors lmao
What Hiyori and Wanonese people are doing isn't what Oda is advocating though. Oda is showing the dark side of "winners". Oda is showing that even "good guys" have heavy flaws. Luffy's allies aren't even good people really. Captain Kid murders civilians and Bartolomeo terrorizes people.

D

Deleted member 33823

I dislike the attitude that people assume all "good" characters will stay good. If a character like Saint Mjosgard was able to change for the better why couldn't a character change for the worst.

"Long ago, my grandfather committed a crime and was sentenced to seppuku!! If our family were to simply fall from grace, then that is fine!! However, all the remaining relatives were hunted down by self proclaimed allies of justices out of nowhere!! They were beaten or thrown into rivers or outright killed!! Those fools scared me so much I can't even sleep!!" - Orochi

bruh

:crazwhat:

Post automatically merged:

This response reeks of copium. Oden and the people of Wano have been presented as the ultimate underdogs throughout the narrative, no where in the story it leads me to believe that Oda is doing what you’re saying

G

Gorosei Informer

As the only outwardly Jewish user on this forum, let me officially state that everyone needs to limit themselves to a single Hitler pun per post, not because it’s offensive but because it’s hack…I’ll let it slide this time, but watch yourself, counselor :ultimoji:
Lmaooo my bad! Puns are a special kind pc evil to be fair, so they did tempt me there unfortunately!

I will respect the 1 pun limit in future!

Could this be just a play on Odens "born to boil", since the dish itself is boiled soup and Kurozumi which translates to "Charcoal" does by nature burn..........so both Oden and Orochi die in a way that befits their names.......maybe that's what he was going for.........still weird but just a thought.
:luuh:

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
"Long ago, my grandfather committed a crime and was sentenced to seppuku!! If our family were to simply fall from grace, then that is fine!! However, all the remaining relatives were hunted down by self proclaimed allies of justices out of nowhere!! They were beaten or thrown into rivers or outright killed!! Those fools scared me so much I can't even sleep!!"

bruh

:crazwhat:
Was this Kanjuro or Orochi?

Yeah it doesn't mention any bad things about the Kozuki hence it's propoganda. Something that has already come up in this arc. I'd like to think Oda is going to explore more of moral complexities given that the borders still aren't open meaning Wano has yet to truly learn anything.
An example of how Oda actively reduces complexity when it suits him @Tensub @The Bible of Kurozumis

The rebels from the Prisons consisted of 5000 WANO CITIZENS right? Remember, Orochi’s side also had 10,000 WANO CITIZENS fighting for Kaido… Those 10,000 men have been the ones actively oppressing their fellow citizens for 20 years…

What happened to these 10,000 Wano citizens? They aren’t beast pirates who can just be killed or arrested by Greenbull.

Don’t these men have families in Wano? Since they were on Orochi’s good side, they probably have the biggest families in the country. What happened to these men and their families?

Act 1 and Act 2 emphasized the class struggles between the rich and poor in Wano and how the rich didn’t care about the poors and then Act 3 comes around and reveals that all the rich actually love the poor ON THE FIRE FESTIVAL and the rest of the year when they are oppressing them DOESNT MATTER

So what akuina did to ppl of ohara is okay now ??
I see why mida calls akuina is absolute justice
💀

greenbulls words and him being a magma stan makes a lot more sense now 🤣🤣

I dislike the attitude that people assume all "good" characters will stay good. If a character like Saint Mjosgard was able to change for the better why couldn't a character change for the worst.
What I hate is that people think the author is speaking through a character when he is simply trying to portray a character who has a different views and perspective. I also hate it when people think every characters on heroes' side should be flawless people.

D

Deleted member 33823

Could this be just a play on Odens "born to boil", since the dish itself is boiled soup and Kurozumi which translates to "Charcoal" does by nature burn..........so both Oden and Orochi die in a way that befits their names.......maybe that's what he was going for.........still weird but just a thought.
:luuh:
If it was only a scene with Hiyori and Orochi alone I'd agree, but the fact is they are teaching this to the next generation. And within the series it has been shown that the youth are influenced by what they are taught.

Status
Not open for further replies.