Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

Akainu was right all along
There's a user on the piratefolk reddit called Akainu DidNothingWrong too lmfao.

Oh god your username now LOL
Post automatically merged:

Who are the Kurozumi suppose to refer to in Japanese history? Anyone know? Or are they just some random plot Oda decided to put in that has no reference.
Kurozumikyo as far as I know. New-ish Shinto religion, that worships Amaterasu or so?
But I'm just going by name here ofc.

I've heard of the Japanese cursing entire generations before IRL, your future generations/descendants too.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurozumikyō

If it was only a scene with Hiyori and Orochi alone I'd agree, but the fact is they are teaching this to the next generation. And within the series it has been shown that the youth are influenced by what they are taught.
I agree it's a odd scene that really comes off in the most horrible way.....but this isn't the first time Oda dropped the ball like this, where he intended to convey one message but another was received. There really is no way to justify the horrendous conveying of that moment and it's implications.

Could this be just a play on Odens "born to boil", since the dish itself is boiled soup and Kurozumi which translates to "Charcoal" does by nature burn..........so both Oden and Orochi die in a way that befits their names.......maybe that's what he was going for.........still weird but just a thought.
:luuh:
Let’s not forget that Kanjuro also died by his fire demon thing burning him alive… So this is universal for the Kurozumi clan… they were BORN TO BURN LIKE DOGS IN THE STREET

Could this be just a play on Odens "born to boil", since the dish itself is boiled soup and Kurozumi which translates to "Charcoal" does by nature burn..........so both Oden and Orochi die in a way that befits their names.......maybe that's what he was going for.........still weird but just a thought.
:luuh:
It's definitely what he was going for but the scene where they are teaching children about this and the Arc proceeds to finish panels later doesn't help the look of it.
What's the message here? Because the kids are definitely not getting any pun there, just blind hatred for a whole clan like the Kozukis started in the past.

An example of how Oda actively reduces complexity when it suits him @Tensub @The Bible of Kurozumis
Act 1 and Act 2 emphasized the class struggles between the rich and poor in Wano and how the rich didn’t care about the poors and then Act 3 comes around and reveals that all the rich actually love the poor ON THE FIRE FESTIVAL and the rest of the year when they are oppressing them DOESNT MATTER
That's not reducing complexity. That's actually adding it. Rich people need to oppress poor people because that is what they NEED to do to SURVIVE. They need to amass wealth just to live a decent life. If they lose any bit of wealth, they are kicked out of the capital.
Rich people = bad
Poor people = good
is a very shallow way to look at things.
Nothing is that simple. Rich people have their own reasons as well, their own reasons to hate Orochi.

Status
Not open for further replies.