Is Mihawk more powerful than Shanks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jinbei being “the most dangerous and influential” person in the crew doesn’t make sense. Sanji defeated a Yonko commander who was decently above a 1B bounty, Jinbei defeated a Veteran. There should be no comparison here lol
Jimbei’s past achievements can play a part tho. Everything jimbei has done in the past plus what he’s done in the present> sanji beating queen

The only unclear point is that if oda made jimbei second highest in the crew , why would it make with 1 m differences . Because these kinda looks like sanji and zoro gag bounty .

any chapter with sanji and his fanboy get an L is a W chapter to me
Instead of shitting on sanji…why don’t you cry and hide in a corner cuz jimbei is closer to zoro’s bounty and he did shit in this arc beside defeating a CAT that’s not even close to lucci !!! Even zoro don’t deserve a bounty like that !! But you’re just happy that jimbei got a higher bounty than sanji… sanji is living rent free in your minds gosh!!!!

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
The post turned out to be long since I like talking about stuff like this. I hope it isn't too long lol @Shanks

To me, it seems like Oda wants Mihawk to not involve himself directly in the PK race but he's subtly cementing Mihawk's place as a Yonko lvl threat by giving him a higher bounty than 3 Current Yonkos with the only exception being Shanks, an established Yonko with an empire.

And frankly, that's exactly the case why this crew even got so much recognition in terms of threat lvl. Look at how long & what it took Yami + Gura BB after the Marineford exploits to cement his place as an Emperor.... he needed to gain territories & overwhelmingly crush Marco & the WB remnants to even get into the conversation. And after 2 years, he still has a meagre 2.2 Billion despite having a crew full of Impel Down Lvl 6 monsters & Shiryu who are also growing stronger.
Ill explain more as I tackle the Influence/Territory part in the next reply.

I wouldn't say Crocodile is a loser, he was a Shichibukai and was frankly done dirty pre-TS due to Oda underestimating the overall scale of One Piece (he expected OP to end in 5 years back then).
And Oda made many amends in return, Crocodile was placed in Lvl 6 Impel Down (alongside Ace, Jinbe, Shiryu etc,.) while Gears Luffy was thrown into Lvl 5 (indicating that Croc is still stronger).

IMO, Oda wants us to think that Croc is really, really strong. I wouldn't downplay Croc.

Yeah here I disagree.
The Marines basically threw Buggy into Impel Down Lvl 1 after he was hauled in by Smoker. Meaning they know how weak he is. His connections & information about who he actually was, were revealed later on, giving him great infamy & clout. Even though he isnt powerful on his own, he can more than compensate that through his Impel Down recruits & he became a Shichibukai due to the amount of clout he could pull and influence that he had. His personal organization made waves in the Underworld later on.

However, I again reiterate that his influence is nowhere near a Yonko's Influence. Just look at how Law described the Yonko splitting up the New World between each other and exerting their dominion over entire groups of Islands. Buggy is nothing compared to that, even if you add Crocodile's influence as a Pirate Captain in, it doesn't come close to a Yonko's who have huge armies & entire Nations worth of manpower & resources behind them.

Like Kaido in Onigashima alone had close to 40k troops and that's without considering the Wano Samurai who would also fight for him in normal scenarios & Big Mom has an entire Archipelago worth of Influence and look at the Sheer Number of Pirate Crews & troops that Whitebeard had under him. This is why Oda gave Luffy the Strawhat Grand Fleet as well.

You think Cross Guild can achieve that much within a 2 Weeks or so after formation? They were even recruiting members into their Guild through Newspaper Pamphlets lol, that alone is an indicator that they are gaining Man Power.

Again, they aren't wrong in thinking that these are 3 Warlord big names who allied up. But the nuances of Storytelling exist imo.

I'm not sure honestly. I'm waiting for the full Chapter Leaks to explain the part.
Most likely, Mihawk's bounty is the same after the Warlords were disbanded while Buggy's & Crocodile's bounties are boosted due to their Association to the Guild & Mihawk. No other explanation makes sense at this point.

Nah, all Warlords are definitely given New Bounties once they become Active Pirates again. There isn't really grounds to argue otherwise as well.

As I said, the 4 B behind an Emperor not only represents his individual PL, it represents his entire crew, his entire allies, his influence, his territories and everything that he can control.
Like Luffy barely beat Katakuri in WCI but yet he got a 1.5 Billion bounty due to him having a crew, allies, Grand Fleet & having a sphere of influence when he was called 5th Emperor.

And I'm pretty sure Mihawk would get 4B bounty if he has those with him & that any current Emperor won't have their 4 Billion bounties when they don't have the other factors that I talked about.
Didn't read. Speak in sentences bro, not a thesis.

:risitameh:

I showed you the page. Onigiri never connected, King dodged it, and Zoro didn't talk about Onigiri at all- he just said no point attacking him in future because now flame is on.
What? What makes any sense with what you said? If Zoro says its no use attacking in flame mode, then why are you arguing King is dodging in flame mode ? Those are contradictions :seriously::nicagesmile:

If these are real, I see some real shitty bounties.

Zoro defeated King, 1,390,000,000 man, and on top of that scarred Kaido (even tho WG probably didn't know it). It could make sense that Zoro/Sanji/Jinbe bounties are lower than Calamities since a good portion of Calamities bounties is due to destruction, ruthlessness and aggressive behavior, but even in that case 1,200,000,000 would have been better as a callback of Enies Lobby (similar to Luffy).
Instead we get this comic (?) 1,101,000,000 bounty.

Jinbe defeated Who's Who, 546,000,000 man, and did nothing else danger-wise (he extinguished the fire but that's not threatening). Even adding WW whole import to Jinbe's former bounty the result would have been 981,000,000. I like Jinbe but I see no reason of him surpassing the billion.
I was saying 838,000,000.
980,000,000 would have been good too.
1,100,000,000 is out of proportion.

Sanji's case is pretty fair, since Zoro stopped with that number the most he could wish for was 1,077,000,000 with Zoro getting 1,200,000,000. But honestly, with Zoro's 1,101,000,000, Sanji could have get 999,000,000 and I wouldnt have protested. He was pretty lucky too even tho not as much as Jinbe.

Usopp bounty isn't even funny at this point. In DR there was a reason for his big bump, here in Onigashima he literally ran away from everything and didn't even do his moral-flex a-la-DR.
Embarassing. No other words can describe his case.

Status
Not open for further replies.