Is Mihawk more powerful than Shanks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
By growing stronger than MIHAWK. Something no swordsman including shanks has done yet.
Once again this is a nonsensical argument because I can use your stupid phrase "Mihawk is WSS so therefore he is stronger than any swordsman so he can't lose" and you either have to agree that Zoro will never beat Mihawk or that the title is worthless.

This chapter literally confirmed that the only thing Mihawk is stronger than Shanks is "swordsmanship". Oda literally had to add the "swordsmanship" line instead of saying "Mihawk is stronger than Shanks"

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
That's true, but swordmanship means swordmanship. If Shanks has a special "Haki ability", which is implied in the movie, then the superiority of Mihawk in terms of swordmanship doesn't necessarily mean he is stronger overall
Isn't this Shanks Haki uga buga argument over after Oda revealed a poster of the most important swordsmen in the show?

YES! Shanks is there too!

Let out the trolling aside

Do you really think Mihawk can beat Roger ?

Do you think titles are absolute ?

COC was always the most hyped powers and each time Shanks appear he is making a COC showtime.

Straw hats are extremely important and the only one having them for 2 are the former pirate king, the future one and Shanks

shanks is related to Luffy

Mihawk and Shanks are rivals and I think extremely close and it will be extreme diff, but from what we have I can’t see Shanks losing. The narrative doesn’t go that way
Mihawk being above Shanks doesn't mean he is above Roger.
And truly bro Mihawk is called the greatest like Maradona or Pelé of all swordsmen that means for he is the strongest swordsmen that ever lived. Zoro want be the GOAT of swordsmen.

Zoro has literally the strongest power of this manga : COC and adv.COC.
For me titles are absolute yes. Wb, Kaido and Mihawk have the title of being the strongest.
Roger was Wb's rival, Oden was Kaido's fierced rival and Shanks was Mihawk's fierced rival.

All great people but the world strongest titles are WSM, WSC and WSS.
PK is not really a title of strenght. Because it means you are the king of pirates only. So any other persons, anyone from navy or WG, RA can still be stronger than Roger.
Luffy's dream is PK and not the WSC or WSM.

Swordsmanship. It's not that complicated. Mihawk is the WSS. Prior to this chapter, it was not known of Shanks or him won their duels, but this chapter at least makes it clear he is the better Swordsman, which is...obvious lol

So the question really boils down to: is Shanks' prowess only related to Swordsmanship? We can see he made an Admiral run purely from Haki alone, but he's only actually fought with a sword
I guess that question will be up to Oda.

For the record, I have no issues with Mihawk being stronger or a better swordsman lol, its really irrelevant to my conversations about Shanks. What I care more about is his goals and potential antagonism. If he is as complex as Oda insinuates he is, and has an established conflict with Luffy, I could care less if he's the next person to go down or the last. I just want a good character lol.

Zoro vs Mihawk is 100% Zoro's last fight. The REAL question is....who's Luffy's?
I agree with you I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.