Is Mihawk more powerful than Shanks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Swordsmanship. It's not that complicated. Mihawk is the WSS. Prior to this chapter, it was not known of Shanks or him won their duels, but this chapter at least makes it clear he is the better Swordsman, which is...obvious lol

So the question really boils down to: is Shanks' prowess only related to Swordsmanship? We can see he made an Admiral run purely from Haki alone, but he's only actually fought with a sword
I guess that question will be up to Oda.

For the record, I have no issues with Mihawk being stronger or a better swordsman lol, its really irrelevant to my conversations about Shanks. What I care more about is his goals and potential antagonism. If he is as complex as Oda insinuates he is, and has an established conflict with Luffy, I could care less if he's the next person to go down or the last. I just want a good character lol.

Zoro vs Mihawk is 100% Zoro's last fight. The REAL question is....who's Luffy's?
Buggy

Idk what Oda is doing with Mihawk and Shanks. If we take Mihawk's title at face value, Mihawk>Shanks.
however

Shanks has the best CoC feats in one piece bar none. Mihawk just doesn't. Mihawk is WSSM, he has better skill with a sword than shanks, yet Oda can't just come out and say Mihawk defeated shanks. He can't give Mihawk a higher bounty than shanks. He can't even have Mihawk split the sky with Whitebeard, despite them both being in marineford.
Mihawk is said to be Shanks's "rival", but Shanks has a much greater rivalry with blackbeard. In fact by his own admission, Teach is more dangerous.
Maybe it's like this. Shanks< Mihawk, however Shanks's CoC mastery> Mihawk's, with Mihawk solely being stronger due to having a black blade and 2 arms.

in any case, I don't think you can say shanks fans don't have a point, when Oda himself wanks shanks more than almost any other character.
Almost like they're equals that just excel in different areas of their skills and have different enough goals to no cross each other very often and be on friendly terms, so powerscaling them isn't even all that worth it. :kayneshrug:

Brannew: “Hawkeye Mihawk”!! Also a former Warlord of the Sea and his swordsmanship surpasses that of the Emperor “Red Haired”!!
As the Strongest Swordsman in the World, he’s wanted for..!! 3.5 billion and 90 million berries!!

Basic reading comprehension makes you understand that who wrote this wants you to think that

- Shanks is a swordsman
- Mihawk is the strongest swordsman
- The fact that Mihawk surpasses Shanks's swordsmanship make the former the strongest swordsman, therefore Shanks is the second strongest swordsman; otherwise what would be the fucking point of write that part about Shanks? It has no other link with the rest... if not explaining why Mihawk is the strongest which, coincidentally, is the immediately subsequent part
- Swordsmanship obviously involves and includes Haki (unless you want to go with the Hakiman Zoro thing...)

Otherwise it would be like "Surpassing even Lebron's basketball abilities, Mbappe is the strongest footballer"

Like... lmao? What would be the point of making a comparison with someone who works on a different aspect?

The text and context is clear, no amount of mental gymnastic can change that
Strongest Swordsman Mihawk is hyped as the one who is even stronger than Shanks... would not make any sense if Shanks was not a swordsman

Idk what Oda is doing with Mihawk and Shanks. If we take Mihawk's title at face value, Mihawk>Shanks.
however

Shanks has the best CoC feats in one piece bar none. Mihawk just doesn't. Mihawk is WSSM, he has better skill with a sword than shanks, yet Oda can't just come out and say Mihawk defeated shanks. He can't give Mihawk a higher bounty than shanks. He can't even have Mihawk split the sky with Whitebeard, despite them both being in marineford.
Mihawk is said to be Shanks's "rival", but Shanks has a much greater rivalry with blackbeard. In fact by his own admission, Teach is more dangerous.
Maybe it's like this. Shanks< Mihawk, however Shanks's CoC mastery> Mihawk's, with Mihawk solely being stronger due to having a black blade and 2 arms.

in any case, I don't think you can say shanks fans don't have a point, when Oda himself wanks shanks more than almost any other character.

Aside from the fact that Oda confirmed Shanks didnt lose any strength by losing his arm, you cant be damn sure as well Mihawk doesnt have CoC. Besides, that makes him better because he doesnt need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.