Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 977 : "The Party Won't Start Now"

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now the alliance's forces will be split, with the SHs going in through the main door, the minks and samurai going around the castle from both sides. So if Carrot remains with the SHs then this solidifies her as the 11th straw hat, otherwise she just won't join imo

Ok, then the Strawhats could have easily stayed behind and idk helped? What was the point of him staying behind and strawhats going ahead specifically? I mean if this is just, oh I'll stay behind and help the fishman pirates; you go on ahead while a freaking Yonko is bearing down on us. Then I'll just return, no repercussions whatsoever, that's incredibly shitty writing, i don't care if it's in character or not.
Because Jinbe was the one linked to the Sun Pirates, Luffy and co. aren't responsible for the decisions of another group and the Straw Hats staying behind to help them is absurd because, first of all, they aren't fishmen but humans on a ship and, second, the whole point of the Sun Pirates staying was to let them escape. If they stay and fight there's no reason for any of them to even stay behind to begin with, just leave all together and face the risks of doing so.

This isn't shitty writing, this is the Sun Pirates doing an act of altruism for his ex-captain's new crew and Jinbe staying behind to help them because he's actually linked on a personal level to them. The Straw Hats staying behind too to help them is just absurd; not only that would destroy the whole point of the Sun Pirates staying, but they are a group of grown-up fishmen that made a decision the Straw Hats aren't responsible for (so they just respect their gift and leave as fast as possible).

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Why people seem to hate the idea of Zoro vs King and Sanji vs Queen? If they don't jump into commander level this arc when then?
Remember Enies Lobby? They "leveled up" cause they needed to and they didn't have warm-up matches before CP9 so why they can't level up now and prove they are dependable commanders of the future Pirate King? Ofc these matchups will be high-diff for both but remember fighting stronger opponents only makes you stronger. Let's go SH's!

Why people seem to hate the idea of Zoro vs King and Sanji vs Queen? If they don't jump into commander level this arc when then?
Remember Enies Lobby? They "leveled up" cause they needed to and they didn't have warm-up matches before CP9 so why they can't level up now and prove they are dependable commanders of the future Pirate King? Ofc these matchups will be high-diff for both but remember fighting stronger opponents only makes you stronger. Let's go SH's!
People are at this point where they cant accept that, while the Strawhats arent at Yonko level yet, this arc or the next will bring them there. Hell, I expect Sanji/Zoro to fight Queen/King and become Yonko commanders, but I almost expect Luffy to fight a possible Ace as his main battle and THEN a teamup against Kaido/BM, to not topple a Yonko on his own before fighting Akainu/Blackbeard.

If Luffy want to face Kaido and going to beat him despite looking impossible somewhat, we all know he is going to do it. So his main fighting forces of Sanji, Zoro, and Jimbei would need to be Yonko Commander, so they need to beat someone of that level. They won't fall behind in power to Luffy, but obviously there still be a gap in power.

In my humble opinion the fights will go like this;

Luffy, Kidd and Law vs Kaido, at first Kidd will face off against Kaido alone and will be decimated, then Law and some of the scabbards will have a go at him and get decimated too. Luffy will arrive and will be assisted by Law, Kidd, Drake, Hawkins, Apoo, Zoro, Carrot and some scabbards, but all of them will be absolutely decimated by Kaido, then the final round will be Luffy, Kidd and Law's final stand against an awakened Yonko who will defeat Kidd and Law and then it will boil down to Luffy vs Kaido. As we all know, the peak of Luffy's strength pre-Ryou is at the level of Oden and Bullet, as seen in the movie Stampede (King King King Kong Gun and King Kong Organ being his strongest moves) but he couldn't defeat even opponents such as Cracker, Doflamingo and Katakuri despite being stronger than them was simply because of lack of haki mastery, but once he's able to master the inner flow of haki and is able to use haki efficiently he'll be at the level of Oden, Rayleigh and Bullet extreme diff; now that he has the advanced CoO and CoA, he's a step above that level but still not at Yonko/Admiral lvl yet, so if he could awaken or unclock G5, then he'll be at Yonko level. So despite him receiving massive help against Kaido, he'll be the one finishing off the Yonko at the end.

Zoro vs King;
The fight will start with Zoro doing pretty good against him at the beginning but once King starts using advanced Haki and awakened hybrid form, Zoro will be in a pickle, and he'll be almost killed by King, but remembering his promise to Kuina, his training with Mihawk and his promise to Luffy to get stronger he'll awaken his black blade and advanced haki and defeat King with a new move😎

Sanji vs Queen;
Just like the Zoro fight, it will start off with Sanji doing pretty good against Queen, beating him around but Queen will whipp out a new virus that will be slow in effect but is a combination of the mummy virus and a CNS virus that will mess up Sanji's senses and make him slower; on top of that Queen will use the hybrid form and beat the living hell out of Sanji. Sanji will also go through his memories and his emotions will intensify making him awaken his Germa genes and beat Queen with an improved hell memories.

Inu and Neko(plus Usopp) vs Jack;
In a similar manner, the fight will start with the dukes performing really good against Jack using regular and Sulong form and defeating him high-diff, but Jack unlike his peers can't control his awakening and will go on a rampage, so he'll make short work of the dukes and be after Usopp for several chapters until he catches up to him and beats him up; Usopp will play dead for a while, telling himself that he's sorry for his friends and that someone else will save them; a tired Jinbei will show up after he just finished his fight with either Smoothie or number 10 of the numbers and will also get defeating, but when Usopp realizes that Jack might kill his friends, he'll tell himself to stand up against Jack and be the brave warrior of the sea he wants to be and stand up to Jack and defeat him somehow

Good chapter. Finally some action from the whole straw hats. Oh wait, weakling again being weakling trio. As always hiding in the ship no matter how strong they become.
Jimbei is the MVP of the chapter. Even captain is serving him like a boss.
Luffy acting mature is always a good sight to see. Hope he won't do any retarded or rash things when he meets Kaido. I want him to be 100% serious from the beginning of the fight. Hope Oda won't regress his character to being a dumbass in the war.
Law is acting tsundere.

Anyone got any guesses on why Flying Six need an audience with Kaido..??
The french translation implies they demand an audience because Kaido told them to come to the banquet and meet Linlin.
If you actually compare that translation with the raw(in the spoiler thread),it actually makes sense.
In the English translation,Kaido's subordinates says "Master kaido,the flying six are here,they demand an audience"
Kaido responds "Is that true? I want them to meet linlin first.
In the french scan,Kaido says "Ah yes,i wanted them to meet linlin "
Comparing that to the raws,the french scans seem more accurate as there is no question mark in Kaido's first sentence.
So the flying six just wanted to meet linlin and they demanded an audience with kaido.

Wouldn't be surprised if Kaido is a cringey prideful father about his son archetype to contrast Big Mom'a relationship with her children. God forbid it's both of their kid. Would be wild.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Luffy, Kidd, and Law vs Kaido
Fujitora and Ryokugyu vs Big Mom ( I hope at least )
King vs Zoro
Sanji vs Queen
Jinbe vs Jack
Scabbards vs Flying Six
SH's Grand Fleet + Samurais vs Numbers and Kaido/Big Mom combined forces

I'm betting on Fuji and Ryo arrival cause alliance can't handle two Yonko XD ( I hope there are no people who believe in this xD )
Even if Kaido and Big Mom break their alliance they are still both hoping to take Luffy's head so they will still be enemies to the alliance together or alone.

Luffy, Kidd, and Law vs Kaido
Fujitora and Ryokugyu vs Big Mom ( I hope at least )
King vs Zoro
Sanji vs Queen
Jinbe vs Jack
Scabbards vs Flying Six
SH's Grand Fleet + Samurais vs Numbers and Kaido/Big Mom combined forces

I'm betting on Fuji and Ryo arrival cause alliance can't handle two Yonko XD ( I hope there are no people who believe in this xD )
Even if Kaido and Big Mom break their alliance they are still both hoping to take Luffy's head so they will still be enemies to the alliance together or alone.
Strawhat Grand Fleet isn't gonna be on Wano XDXD
half of it are milles away XD

Status
Not open for further replies.