Is Mihawk more powerful than Shanks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blame Oda or Redon for bringing up skill more than once and stressing its importance in the comparison

But you're forgetting there's level to Haki? Luffy being able to knock out 50k fishermen while Shanks is able to double that.

X having being able use a particular skill or ability doesn't mean that it will be equal to the opponent's, ironically Mihawk/Shiryu are perfect example of this.

Just because Vista practice swordsman doesnt mean his swordmanship is as good as Mihawk or Shiryu

That's the only thing they can be compared to, yet still Shanks rarely if any at all receives any hype for his swordsmanship.
I'll blame Oda because you are reading skill in a tittle that doesn't mention it?

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince

Random e-White dudes when you suggest that official paid translators are knowledgeable in the fucking language that they are paid to translate
The funniest thing is... Erkan trying to downplay Mihawk through translations is what gave us that "Oda never considers skill different from strength" gem from Stephen Paul lmaoooo.

Erkan is truly the Biggest Mihawk fan on the planet LMFAO

Yeah Mihawk is stronger than Shanks but that doesn't take away the fact that his title world building is completely overlooked by Oda and feels so unnatural.

We never saw anyone aim for him and he also refuses to fight the only person we know have fought him before.
We literally don't know how Shanks became a Yonkou. You literally can't tell me one name character Shanks beat.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
That's not subjective sorry.
Whitebeard wasn't the Strongest Pirate in the world or Man yet was still being called that because of accomplishments of the past, he was literally living off his name.
I am not saying the same thing is happening to Mihawk but Oda does such a poor job with him that it leaves space for doubts. Mihawk seems out of place right now, he is the WSS yet we never saw anyone come for his title bar Zoro, we have been seeing people aiming for Whitebeard's title or to become an emperor since the pre time skip...
My whole problem is how the world building around Mihawk is just lackluster, he only has one rival which he refused to fight for the past 12+ years... Oda needs to do a better job here.

Again I am not trying to push any agendas here because it doesn't really change anything for me with mihawk being stronger or weaker than Shanks.
There is little room for doubts here. WB was the strongest in actuality. WB growing weaker won't make his title fake because no one actually came close to WB. The same applies to Mihawk except for the fact that we have little to no reason to believe Mihawk grew weaker. So he remains the strongest as long as no one surpasses his accomplishments.

I don't see why Mihawk not fighting Shanks even matters when everyone and their mothers know Mihawk is better. It's not like Shanks is living under a rock. He's been far more active than Mihawk in the past decade but the world still views Mihawk as superior. Not to mention, Zoro's entire dream becomes void if Mihawk isn't the WSSM in actuality. And we all know that won't happen.

Blame Oda or Redon for bringing up skill more than once and stressing its importance in the comparison

But you're forgetting there's level to Haki? Luffy being able to knock out 50k fishermen while Shanks is able to double that.

X having being able use a particular skill or ability doesn't mean that it will be equal to the opponent's, ironically Mihawk/Shiryu are perfect example of this.

Just because Vista practice swordsmanship doesnt mean his swordmanship is as good as Mihawk or Shiryu

That's the only thing they can be compared to, yet still Shanks rarely if any at all receives any hype for his swordsmanship.
You mean oda callling shanks a swordsman saying mihawk is more skilled and then saying mihawk is the strongest?? And you can’t connect the dots 💀💀I don’t blame oda I’m blame who ever your teacher was with that piss poor reading comprehension 😆

Just because Vista practice swordsman doesnt mean his swordmanship is as good as Mihawk or Shiryu.
Apparently learning haki and mastering it while using it to fight makes you a none swordsmanship practitioner meaning you are not as skilled as Mihawk but you are overall stronger because of haki

Just because Vista practice swordsmanship doesnt mean his swordmanship is as good as Mihawk or Shiryu

You mean oda callling shanks a swordsman saying mihawk is more skilled and then saying mihawk is the strongest?? And you can’t connect the dots 💀💀I don’t blame oda I’m blame who ever your teacher was with that piss poor reading comprehension 😆

Status
Not open for further replies.