Chapter Discussion WGS title once again confirmed to be mainly ''SKILL'' based

Y'all so blind by the erkan hate that you're bending backwards to not see that Oda could have avoided all this by not adding the swordsmanship line, yet he did...

Quote me if im wrong and the raw actually uses something like strength instead of the word swordsmanship, only read tcb

Also, do you very best in explaining at how yasop is weaker than beckman despite both being gunmen but yasopp being the better one
After failing every agenda, they are betting everything on this one.

Y'all so blind by the erkan hate that you're bending backwards to not see that Oda could have avoided all this by not adding the swordsmanship line, yet he did...

Quote me if im wrong and the raw actually uses something like strength instead of the word swordsmanship, only read tcb

Also, do you very best in explaining at how yasop is weaker than beckman despite both being gunmen but yasopp being the better one
Oda himself planting the seed of doubt.

World's Strongest Swordsman or the World's Greastest Swordsman?
:pepebusi:

If the narrator feels he has to specify that Mihawk is even greater than Shanks in terms of sword skills, it means that Shanks is a formidable swordsman.

Chapter 1058 shits on Mihawk's haters headcanons. My man has a bounty higher than two out of four Yonkos (including his alleged boss) despite not having the ambition to take Yonko's position himself.

Shanks : Mihawk = Roger : Whitebeard

I don't care who the stronger of the two is, but it's clear as day that they're about equals.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince

The word used was indeed "swordsmanship".
And that essentially confirms that the world views Shanks as a swordsman, who therefore falls under the purview of the WSS title.

Bad comparision.

A better marksman is the one who can shoot farther targets. Not the one who beats the other in a 1v1.
A better swordsman is the one who stands above all swordsman and doesn't lose to any other swordsman in a 1v1. That is exactly how Zoro aims to surpass Mihawk.

The word used was indeed "swordsmanship".
And that essentially confirms that the world views Shanks as a swordsman, who therefore falls under the purview of the WSS title.
Well, isn't that great. Everyone and their momma is behaving like anything changed.

Erkan and his league have been arguing for years that Mihawk is the more skilled swordsman, so nothing changed.

Bad comparision.

A better marksman is the one who can shoot farther targets. Not the one who beats the other in a 1v1.
A better swordsman is the one who stands above all swordsman and doesn't lose to any other swordsman in a 1v1. That is exactly how Zoro aims to surpass Mihawk.
That's just your convenient definition. A marksman is someone skilled in shooting, just like a swordsman is someone skilled in with the use of swords.

But that aside, why did you think Oda used swordsmanship as word? Can't he just say someone who surpasses Shanks? Someone stronger than Shanks? Someone more powerful than Shanks?

Option 1: He is aware of the fan wars, yet wants it to leave ambiguous.

Option 2: He is oblivious of the debate and just never managed to made a single clear statement saying Mihawk is stronger than Shanks.

Disclaimer: I fucking hate both characters, don't drag me into some fan wars. One is a fucking bum in pyjamas and the other is as bland as they can get.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Well, isn't that great. Everyone and their momma is behaving like anything changed.

Erkan and his league have been arguing for years that Mihawk is the more skilled swordsman, so nothing changed.
What changed is that there is no more pussyfooting around the fact that Shanks is a swordsman. And Mihawk is the Worlds STRONGEST Swordsman.

That's just your convenient definition. A marksman is someone skilled in shooting, just like a swordsman is someone skilled in with the use of swords.
That isn't my definition, that's what Zoro does.
He wants to surpass Mihawk & therefore challenges him to a 1v1 duel in Chapter 51 to beat him. He doesn't challenge him to a cutting contest or a contest to see who has the "Better Sword Skills".

Can't he just say someone who surpasses Shanks? Someone stronger than Shanks? Someone more powerful than Shanks?
Oda has a habit of not clarifying PLs like this. Didn't do it for WB-Roger, didn't do it for Kaido-BM & you expect him to do it for Shanks-Mihawk?

But that aside, why did you think Oda used swordsmanship as word?
Check Denjiro's Viver Card, it states that he possess the Greatest Swordsmanship among the Scabbards. The context where it was used was to refer to the fact that he's the Strongest (other than Sulong Dukes ofc).

You all think Oda compared the two characters' "Sword Skills" whereas Oda has never ever compared two characters in that way in this manga ever.
When he says that one character is superior at Swordsmanship to another, the implication is obvious.

最強 = strongest (same word used in whitebeard's title)

"I shall hold this seat as the STRONGEST (最強) and wait for you"

一の = greatest/number one (which Mihawk has also been referred to as)

However, this chapter clearly uses "最強" (strongest)

BIg Mom destroys a mountain with her strength and VC describes it as her "剣技" (swordsmanship)

Based on your shit sites translation, yes. Not based on official:

Anyway, if this was your argument then it's refuted. There's nothing like "haki user" in canon as a combat-style. Majority of of characters, including Mihawk, Shanks, and even as low as likes of Helmeppo , are users of haki. It's nothing separate.

Rest of my points from previous post stands. Haki isn't separate from swordsmanship. Hell, swordsmanship is more about haki than it is about anything else as far as we're shown in narrative.

Mihawk's overall portrayal puts him above Shanks, not in any particular thing or that.
Shit sites? Why are you so angry from a manga panel. My argument is not refuted, since you are the one providing no argument. You say haki is under swordsmanship while no one says that in the manga. Anyone strong can use haki regardless of their proficiency with physical weapon. Rayleigh says CoA is an armor, so no, you dont need a sword to get an armor. CoO is something to know the enemy's intention, you dont need a sword. CoC can be infused to any bodypart to crush any enemy without touching. Does it need a sword anywhere? No it doesn't, so yeah it's an independent power or weapon.

Zoro or Wano's strongest swordsmen didnt even have the strongest haki compared to Luffy and Kaidou (no one between them is a swordsman). Vergo didnt pay attention to his weapon saying "mere" bamboo, WB didnt pay attention to Shanks being a swordman, Kaidou didnt pay attention to Roger being a swordman, all of them praise haki instead of being swordsman.

And there is no world where Shanks is portrayed as not above Mihawk. There is no overall portrayal that put Mihawk even above Shanks. Shanks is feared by an Admiral just by being serious while no one paid attention to Mihawk even in Marineford. Even the WSS is about swordsmanship / skills just like real life, King was excluded from being just a swordsman due to some kicks, weird sword etc. So no wonder you keep saying Mihawk is overall above Shanks in portrayal and forcing your haki=swordsmanship idea to everyone where i find that not making sense.

Last edited:
I like how he pretends he didn't take a billion Ls anyway lmfao.

No matter how he spins the swordsmanship shit, the guy is literally worth more than the one they consider a Yonko and rival to Shanks.

Mihawk is certified top tiers. Up there with likes of Kaido and Shanks and whoever else, and this clown used to pretend he's YC1 or bit higher until now.
It was pretty much inevitable since chapter 50-60 something like this, when Mihawk met with Shanks literally 25 years ago but some guys are either brainless or more probably just pretend to be idiots for their own agenda.

Last edited:
Shit sites? Why are you so angry from a manga panel. My argument is not refuted, since you are the one providing no argument. You say haki is under swordsmanship while anyone strong can use haki regardless of their physical weapon. Zoro or Wano's strongest swordsmen didnt even have the strongest haki compared to Luffy and Kaidou (no one between them is a swordsman). Vergo didnt pay attention to his weapon saying "mere" bamboo, WB didnt pay attention to Shanks being a swordman, Kaidou didnt pay attention to Roger being a swordman, all of them praise haki instead of being swordsman.

And there is no world where Shanks is portrayed as not above Mihawk. There is no overall portrayal that put Mihawk even above Shanks. Shanks is feared by an Admiral while no one paid attention to Mihawk even in Marineford. Even the WSS is about swordsmanship / skills just like real life, and King was excluded from being just a swordsman due to some kicks, weird sword etc.
I was refuting your "haki user" thing, which I did.

I never said Haki is under swordsmanship. I said haki is part of swordsmanship. Haki is not a separate combat style, which it isn't. You're a brawler with haki. You're a marksman with haki. You're a fighter with haki. You're a swordsman with haki. There's no such thing as a "hakiman"

Haki for a swordsman is just as important to haki for anyone else.

Even the WSS is about swordsmanship / skills just like real life
Except it's not. Zoro's journey to WSS is all about haki. Honestly, it's been literally about haki and absolutely nothing else since time-skip. Where did he learn any skills?

Hell, the biggest accomplishment by a swordsman is about CoA. Mihawk's portrayal in CoA is outright above likes of Roger or Shanks who couldn't make a permanent black blade. So, say what?

Zoro will defeat Mihawk with CoO + ACoA + ACoC, not skills.

WSS is about who wins. Not about who has more skills or whatever. That's an objective fact.

By the way, marines value Mihawk much higher than the guy whom they consider to be Shanks' rival lol

Also, again, btw, Kaido has inferior haki portrayal than Shanks, correct? Do you think Kaido is weaker than Shanks overall because of that?