Character Discussion Is Jinbe’s bounty inflated because he’s a fishman?

Imo jinbe’s bounty is clearly inflated.

If we go by bounties, Jinbe is stronger than katakuri and near equals with Zoro. Does anyone actually believe this?

Clearly, bounties don’t equal strength.

Imo, Jinbe’s bounty is inflated due to him being a fishman. This allows him to breathe underwater, swim really good, and talk to fish.

This obviously isn’t too important on land, but makes Jinbe much more dangerous in water, as he can use his ability to sink ships and change ocean currents. We saw this when the sun pirates held off the BMP in WCI.

I also think this is why Jack got a 1 billion berry bounty despite being actual trash. From what Sukiyaki said, Jack was able to swim not too long ago.

Instead of Jinbei’s bounty being inflated because he’s a fishman, it makes more sense that Jinbei’s bounty got inflated because he’s a former Warlord. Cross Guild guys literally proved that in the newest chapter.

The problem with people saying "it's because he's a former Warlord" is that Jinbe was a former Warlord 2+ years ago, if they were going to increase his bounty because of that they would have done so when they unfroze it.

B

Ballel

I think I'm going to go on hiatus for a while. College begins in a week, and I really need to focus on real life shit, starting from now. I seriously cannot afford to do bad these next two semesters. I've noticed this anime shit has the habit of distracting me, so I'm going to have to put it to the side.

If I start posting again in the next few weeks, feel free to bump this thread and bully me for it.
We are supposed to remind you of this thread

I think he just got wanked a lot by the Marines after WCI

Since he didn't got a bounty for whatever the Marines think he did there, but vanished and then came straight up to Wano and joined the Strawhats

it makes more sense that Jinbei’s bounty got inflated because he’s a former Warlord. Cross Guild guys literally proved that in the newest chapter.
Not the same thing.
The WG got rid of the Warlord system about 2-3 weeks ago? Jimbe is not a Warlord for over 2 years now and his bounty after leaving this position + after the MF war was only 438mil. Jimbei also worked for probably 2 years for BM now, since FMI needed protection after WB died. People like to use this as an argument for his high bounty now, but his bounty was stil only 438mil. when he was part of her crew. It makes no sense to use his previous Warlord title to justify this over inflated bounty.
Him fighting in WCI against the BM pirates also didn't increase his bounty.

On Top of that, Crocodile and Mihawk created Cross Guild (Marines don't know that, but in their eyes they joined Buggy and are now hunting marines) which is a big threat to the marines. Which explains the over inflated Bounties especialy of Crocdile. Jimbei being part of Luffy's crew now, is not different from him being under WB or BM - both were Yonkou too. There is literaly no logical reason why his bounty is so high all of a sudden, except for gag reasons.