Controversial The defenitive thread about swordsmanship skills and titles.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Whatever it is, Shanks and Roger's abilities don't quite fit with slashing/cutting abilities.

Roger's attack went through Oden's abdomen and there wasn't a single cut, Shanks' final attack in the movie made the villain explode, he wasn't cutting anything.

Sad reality for you, but Roger/Shanks' fencing skills are bad, their true skills are CoC attacks, which makes them both wash Mihawk like a bitch.
No shanks hits it with a sword slash
It didn't fly backwards did it Mr Air bar
It exploded because g5 also hit it.

Yes laves a master swordsman cuts what he wants

Shanks' final attack in the movie made the villain explode, he wasn't cutting anything.
Even if bringing up movie feats is pretty much shit, you just said that Shanks uses sword to fight. It doesnt matter if its explosives or whatever, Fuji and Law are considered swordsmen by Oda despite their DF.

So in the end explosions or not, Shanks attacks with his sword for a finisher not his imaginary amptutated hand, no haki leg kicks, sword.

What are you trying to prove?

That you making 8-9 idiotic cope threads per day is justified?
I am not trying to prove anything and I don't cope seriously.
I take part of Z vs S and Shanks vs Mihawk wars Just for fun, it's a manga guys, and I like to joke about things, while sharing my opinion and providing arguments when I have too much free time.
:seriously:
Let's not transform this in a war between us, don't have anything against you or other zoro fans. Wish you guys the best.

The ability to cut and not cut is part of swordsmanship and comes from haki. Hyou explained that when he was trying to teach Luffy barrier haki or ryu.
A Kinemon/King analogy would explain pretty well what I think about the difference in Zoro/Mihawk's fighting style compared to Shanks/ Roger.

Kinemon vs King fighting style
Kinemon: Uses its flames to strengthen its cutting abilities, ie: swordsmanship skill

King: Uses his sword to calibrate your flames making a fire dragon that has nothing to do with cutting skills.

Zoro/Mihawk vs Shanks/Roger fighting style
Zoro/Mihawk: Use haki to strengthen their slashing/cutting skills, ie: swordsmanship skill

Shanks/Roger: Use their swords to wield their CoC skills by creating bursts that have absolutely nothing to do with cutting skills.

what did roger do? He slashed with coc:laughmoji:
He doesn't, he doesn't cut.

Also.

In his interpretation of his dream, he essentially says that he won't lose to anyone who is a Kenshi. Basically Mihawk's title, the World's Strongest Kenshi/Swordsman.

And

Baratie, where Sanji recalls Zoro talking about his dream to him and Zoro again uses the words for Strongest Kenshi -> Saikyo no Kenshi -> Mihawk's title.

In an essence, Zoro's interpretation of the World's Strongest Dai Kengou is to be the Worlds' Strongest Kenshi which is essentially Mihawk's title. In Zoro's OWN words, both are synonymous to each other. :milaugh:

Meanwhile what is Shanks again? A Swordmaster right? :milaugh:

Thanks for singlehandedly destroying the anti-Mihawk arguments bro. Have a good night!
Wait wait wait delay the nap a bit cuz deriving alternative translations ain't cutting it

you just proved that zoro wants to be the WSS... Dai kengo is just a proficient version of Kenshi ( swordman) a level you may say in this context its Great swordman.. in Viz and self translation

Zoro never says Worlds strongest Swordsman in Baratie

he says "worlds greatest kenshi"

the Kanji for strongest, greatest and best is the same (最強)

so Viz is being consistent and you aren't

This explain Dai Kengo and its inferior rank

in essence zoro does want to be the greatest by defeating the Greatest swordsman out there which is Mihawk

Shanks in not the greatest swordsman or the Dai-Kengo..Mihawk is Dai-Kengo someone who fought toe to toe with Shanks with superior skill..

now this explains why yall were so desperate to cover up what marines said

Last edited:
A Kinemon/King analogy would explain pretty well what I think about the difference in Zoro/Mihawk's fighting style compared to Shanks/ Roger.

Kinemon vs King fighting style
Kinemon: Uses its flames to strengthen its cutting abilities, ie: swordsmanship skill

King: Uses his sword to calibrate your flames making a fire dragon that has nothing to do with cutting skills.

Zoro/Mihawk vs Shanks/Roger fighting style
Zoro/Mihawk: Use haki to strengthen their slashing/cutting skills, ie: swordsmanship skill

Shanks/Roger: Use their swords to wield their CoC skills by creating bursts that have absolutely nothing to do with cutting skills.

He doesn't, he doesn't cut.
Zoro has slash people and not cut them.both pre and post skip. Tf are you talking about. Making up headcanon nonesense

I mean being hidden is also great. It's better to take your L in silence than making like 10 threads to cope about it.
It's more funny if you take your L while others make fun of you for it and not hiding and be silent to it just waiting for an opening like a rat.
A true chad like Shanks gets laughed by others without complaining, only you can think that being silent like Zoro and Mihawk after Ls sounds cool. :tchpepe::tchpepe: