Controversial The defenitive thread about swordsmanship skills and titles.

No because Yonkos are more hype than WSS in One Piece..
Mihawk wants to become a yono, but does not want to have a reward higher than the "captain" of the yonko buggy and higher than 3 and 4 yonko. Mihawk has trampled on the title of yonko, which means nothing to him. And still waiting for someone STRONGER than Shanks and not more Skilled.

OK I'll educate you slowly

"You want me to teach you the WAY OF THE SWORD"

"I will instruct you"

This means mihawk will teach zoro the WAY OF THE SWORD

And what was this lesson
Wasn't any new sword techniques

It was...

The way of the sword from the wss is haki on sword.

Now what genius

Talk now

Same goes to @NoName and @BleakAsh

Also
Explain
Why zoro is using his sword skills from pre skip

And
Why his first teacher koshiro

Why is koshiro saying word for word what hyou is saying about Ryou

EXPLAIN TO ME WHY ZOROS 2 TEACHERS TEACHING HIM SWORD SKILL

WHY ONE TAUGHT HIM THE CONCEPT OF RYOU

AND THE OTHER TAUGHT HIM TO COAT HIS SWORD

AND ONCE AGAIN WHY IS ZORO STILL USING THE SAME ATTACKS FROM HIS INTRO
i never denied that some skill require haki for potency but you don't only need haki to have skill..

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Also.

In his interpretation of his dream, he essentially says that he won't lose to anyone who is a Kenshi. Basically Mihawk's title, the World's Strongest Kenshi/Swordsman.

And

Baratie, where Sanji recalls Zoro talking about his dream to him and Zoro again uses the words for Strongest Kenshi -> Saikyo no Kenshi -> Mihawk's title.

In an essence, Zoro's interpretation of the World's Strongest Dai Kengou is to be the Worlds' Strongest Kenshi which is essentially Mihawk's title. In Zoro's OWN words, both are synonymous to each other. :milaugh:

Meanwhile what is Shanks again? A Swordmaster right? :milaugh:

Thanks for singlehandedly destroying the anti-Mihawk arguments bro. Have a good night!

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
i never denied that some skill require haki for potency but you don't only need haki to have skill..
Zoro is still using PRE TIME SKIP SWORD SKILLS
ZORO STILL USES ONI GIRI

HAS ZORO NOT IMPROVED HIS SWORD SKILLS AT ALL THAT HE HAS THE SAME MOVES
Or

Or .you don't have a clue what you're on about and haki is a MASSIVE part of swordsmanship

Meaning shanks has nothing stopping him just being a swordsman

umm lets see cause I m biased??
Like no shit.
This sack of shit that is baiting Zoro fan boys left and right isn't moved to ground floor but @SakazOuki and my threads are immediately moved.

What kinda load of trash is that?
Either move them all to Ground floor or keep them all in manga section.
If you gonna allow Shankstard baits, allow counter baits too.

No it's not a sword. It's a blade a famed blade
All swords are blades but not all blades
Now remember when you were screaming earlier that haki is separate

Respond to that post if you got the balls
Haki is ambition, not a exclusive Sword power.

Guys can have more ambition than be a strongest Swordsman, That's is the case for Shanks.

Bisento in google to japonese is said to be
Long Sword and Sword is any weapon who has ability to cut.

Katana.
Bisento.
Nagata.
Are Labeled swords for Japoneses.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman

Guys can have more ambition than be a strongest Swordsman, That's is the case for Shanks.

Katana.
Bisento.
Nagata.
2 of zoros teachers have ONLY taught him haki on his swords

Haki on swords is all shanks can do to when he wants to inflict damage
As shown in the new movie. When he uses his burning sword style multiple times

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I am here to stop this war. :endthis:
I've now more canon infos.

After chapter 1058 we know that Zoro is now classified as a "Kengou" 剣豪 (Swordmaster) in chapter 1058

He did not become a Dai Kengou 大剣豪( Great Swordsman/Swordmaster).

Let alone the World's Greatest Swordsman.

Ushimaru, Vista, Ryuma and Mihawk are classified as Dai Kengou 大剣豪 Great Swordsman/Swordmaster.

sandman_ap(& mini edited by me) abut chapter/episode 1023 of manga :
official translation "Viz media" didn’t translate the important line of Ushimaru being
"大剣豪" (Dai-Kengou, meaning great swordsman) in this chapter.
It’s important because only him, Mihawk and Ryuma have been classified as Dai-Kengou in all One piece chapters till now.

Zoro said his dream is to become the strongest Dai-Kengou in the world.

SOURCE:
(According to BOTH Vivre Card and One Piece blue deep, Vista is called Dai-Kengou as well)

Zoro is NOT. He is only a 剣豪 Kengou/Sword Master. I have no idea what the qualifications are, but its pretty clear Zoro is ONLY a 剣豪 Kengou for now.

Now, Shanks.
Shanks according to One Piece Film Red official material he's classified as a Kengou just like Zoro currently.

This makes sense since Shanks' skills are inferior to that of Mihawk according to chapter 1058, this makes since with Shanks as 剣豪 Kengou/Sword Master and Mihawk as Dai Kengou 大剣豪 Great Swordsman/Swordmaster.

This also makes sense since according to databook Vista's swordsmanship was equal to that of Mihawk so it makes sense that they're both considered Dai Kengou 大剣豪 Great Swordsman/Swordmaster which is above 剣豪 Kengou/Sword Master such as Shanks.

This is the ultimate proof that being better at sword skills/swordsmanship doesn't make someone overall stronger, in fact Ushimaru was a Dai Kengou 大剣豪 (so above Shanks in swordsmanship) and he fought Kaido but was defeated and he's not in Kaido's top 5 like Shanks.

Shanks is on top 5 of Kaido while Ushimaru is not even though Ushimaru is a better swordsman/has greater sword skills as his title suggest than Red Hair and fought against Kaido.

So having better swordsmanship/greater sword skills than Shanks probably makes you a Dai Kengou 大剣豪.

The legenda about sword skills/swordsmanship and ranking is this one:
Dai Kengou 大剣豪 (Ryuma, Ushimaru, Vista, Mihawk) >

so yeah Shanks is a skilled swordsman, but has swordsmanship inferior to that of Dai Kengou and being a better swordsmanship/having higher rank as a sword master doesn't make you overall stronger since Shanks is above Vista and Ushimaru at the very least.
Also, Zoro's dream is to be the strongest Dai Kengou as confirmed by Sandman and Shanks isn't even a Dai Kengou which means that Shanks isn't counted/doesn't have to be considered in Zoro's dream since Red Hair isn't even one.
Zoro said his dream is to become the strongest Dai-Kengou in the world and only Mihaw, Vista, Ushimaru and Ryuma have this ranking, while Shanks isn't one so Zoro have to surpass all people who are considered Dai-Kengou.

Not even Shanks' vivrecard says anything about him being Dai-Kengou.

While Vista's one made clear that Vista is classified as a Dai-Kengou.

This is all, that's my last thread. I want all your support Shanks fans, as Shanks himself said "hey Ben, it's time, time to join the battle for the One Piece"
I'll wait for your excuses/arguments etc.

EDIT: Gonna add this, nice try @style but your source was incorrected.

source:
so it's pretty much confirmed NO MEDIA CALLED SHANKS A DAI KENGO, SHANKS IS NOT A DAI KENGO.
Does every character that wields a sword frighten you that much?

Just asking.

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu

Katana.
Bisento.
Nagata.
God, you don't even know what's a sword is...
No wonder you never answered my question...