Controversial The defenitive thread about swordsmanship skills and titles.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Mihawk and Shanks were equal 13 years ago.. But things changed in Life, he gave up on Swordsmanship and decided to focus on
CoC..:kayneshrug:
CoC doesn't prevent Shanks from being a swordsman though. It's the same as Zoro. Less skill never made him any less a swordsman. So Shanks is no different. Mihawk, as the most powerful swordsman, gets to be all swordsmen.

But I already acknowledged this in my first and following posts.
Skills and Power is the same thing in Swordsmanship..
Post automatically merged:

CoC doesn't prevent Shanks from being a swordsman though. It's the same as Zoro. Less skill never made him any less a swordsman. So Shanks is no different. Mihawk, as the most powerful swordsman, gets to be all swordsmen.
And it doesn't prevent Shanks from being only a swordsman either..

Skills and power is the same..

Skill -> ability to do something (your words)
Sword -> a type of weapon
Sword skills -> ability to use sword (weapon)

What people use weapons for?
That's the aswer, in this weapon Usage, him is better than Shanks i am not denying that actually.

I am denying is Mihawktards coming and jumping the gun saying him is STRONGER than Shanks in everything.

That's why a brought it WB to the respond, WB has a 12 Swords, uses her some times (80%) him fighted Oden with it and Roger who are labeled as swordsmans.

Yet has this title Strongest man in the world, as Mihawk is labeled as Strongest Swordsman, his is better than WB in this Usage, right? But you guys thinks Mihawk is stronger than WB? Overall?

My opinion is:

Sword skills are not overall strength

Great Sword master > sword master when it comes to sword skill/swordsmanship not overall

Zoro wants to be strongest Great Sword master (sandman confirmed it), which means Shanks isn't included because he isn't one.
Mihawk is a rival of Shanks, whose fights did Boo remember?"yes. Is Mihawk waiting for someone stronger than Shanks?"Yes. Is Mihawk the strongest swordsman?"Yes. Did the Watches directly compare the fencing of Shanks and Mihawk? Yes. (Not vista reilly and so on). According to you, fencing Whist = Mihuk. But Mihawk is the STRONGEST (so mihawk is superior to vista in other aspects). Shanks and Reilly are swordsmen. Mihuk > any of them. Cuttings may have a stronger acoc or something else. But in general, Mihuk the Swordsman > Shanks the swordsman. Cry😉😉

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Skills and Power is the same thing in Swordsmanship..
They're different. Your power is what you use in conjunction with your skills to fight better. You need both to be a great swordsman. The thing that changed b/w normal swordsman Zoro and swordmaster Zoro is just power i.e., CoC but Zoro still upgraded as a swordsman.

Dont even bother arguing with this guy mate.. He trully believes that Zoro doesnt have acoc

They're different. Your power is what you use in conjunction with your skills to fight better. You need both to be a great swordsman. The thing that changed b/w normal swordsman Zoro and swordmaster Zoro is just power i.e., CoC but Zoro still upgraded as a swordsman.
When Swordsmanship skills were ever shown to matter?.. lt's the same Zoro saying he wants to get stronger and learns haki from Mihawk..

Vista is a stronger swordsman than Shanks, let that sink in..
The Watch would compare Mihawk to Vista and not shanks if that's the case. And mihawk would already be looking for a vista for a duel, because according to him, he is waiting for someone stronger than Shanks. Right?

So you chose the non-canon infos that support your idea and not the ones that goes against it?

OK about Ushimaru being Great Swordsman and VIZ didn't translated but the info about Vista and Shanks are not canon.

If you are chosing canon information you also have to pick it up Mihawk Vivre Card where he says he is waiting someone to surpass Shanks and challenge him. And it is talking directly about strength. He sits on top of swordsman, he is stronger than anyone who is considered a swordsman.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Do you love to be make contradicting manga Facts?.

Well you saying Haki is the way of Sword.
OK I'll educate you slowly

"You want me to teach you the WAY OF THE SWORD"

"I will instruct you"

This means mihawk will teach zoro the WAY OF THE SWORD

And what was this lesson
Wasn't any new sword techniques

It was...

The way of the sword from the wss is haki on sword.

Now what genius

Talk now

Same goes to @NoName and @BleakAsh

Also
Explain
Why zoro is using his sword skills from pre skip

And
Why his first teacher koshiro

Why is koshiro saying word for word what hyou is saying about Ryou

EXPLAIN TO ME WHY ZOROS 2 TEACHERS TEACHING HIM SWORD SKILL

WHY ONE TAUGHT HIM THE CONCEPT OF RYOU

AND THE OTHER TAUGHT HIM TO COAT HIS SWORD

AND ONCE AGAIN WHY IS ZORO STILL USING THE SAME ATTACKS FROM HIS INTRO

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
When Swordsmanship skills were ever shown to matter?.. lt's the same Zoro saying he wants to get stronger and learns haki from Mihawk..
So if skills don't matter anyways, why are we clinging to the term "skills" for so long trying to prove something while proving nothing for years?

I'll leave that up for @T.D.A to decide

if he's correct then this distinction matters and the emphasis on skill that Viz makes on Mihawk's end by calling it superior to Shanks.. makes perfect sense..

So a Dai kengo class exists in OnePiece that are the so called pure swordman.. which Shanks isn't.. so the claim of zoro's dream being disserviced becuz Shanks being stronger than Mihawk doesn't stand if Shanks isn't even in the same class, rank, eloquence of swordsmanship as Mihawk whatever you wanna call ir

hence it debunks that Marines weren't only talking about superiority in skill like Viz translates it to be.
"eloquence of swordsmanship" LMAO:milaugh:

Bro gracefulness and elegance doesn't describe Zoro's swordsmanship at all. Your basically describing that cabbage guy.

So you chose the non-canon infos that support your idea and not the ones that goes against it?

OK about Ushimaru being Great Swordsman and VIZ didn't translated but the info about Vista and Shanks are not canon.

If you are chosing canon information you also have to pick it up Mihawk Vivre Card where he says he is waiting someone to surpass Shanks and challenge him. And it is talking directly about strength. He sits on top of swordsman, he is stronger than anyone who is considered a swordsman.
well You rank Mihawk Above WB too? Since him has Sword(12 Strongest) and fighted Oden and Roger with it, yet is considered Strongest man in the world, you guys considers Mihawk above him?