Powers & Abilities What is the worst part about Haki?

The way you can't tell when it's being used

CoO- literally no sign of usage. Not even an sfx. You just gotta trust that the character used it instead of reacting with reactions. When they get hit, you gotta headcanon whether they used CoO or not.

Future sight- literally the only way you know if the character used FS is if they start yelling "I just saw the future and it looked bad" otherwise the reader wouldn't be able to tell and it's CoO bullshit all over

advanced CoA- There's literally no difference between regular CoA and advanced. I could look at start of rooftop Luffy and comparing to act 1 Luffy and his hits would look the same to me. There's literally no way to tell when he's using advanced CoA.

CoC- chosen one bullshit

adv CoC- Just lazier version of CoA. What's the difference between this and adv CoA? It just hits harder and has sparkles.

Haki is the worst designed system in any fiction.

Haki blooming = Zenkai boosts

Both terrible

I'd also say it made fights between devil fruit users less interesting (doesn't effect normal fights since it's the same with or without haki)

The reason I like the G5 reveal more than most people is cause it added a new layer to the fight and wasn't Luffy and Kaido clashing 3 million times. People say it removed all tension from the fight but it made it much more fun to read for me

Its literally a mess

The "not touching" seems to be a thing from CoC coating at the same time luffy said he learned how to attack without touching with CoA in udon
:kaidowhat:
Not touching is a armament Haki techniaue that is can be applied tk CoC Caoting to make thier CoC attacks not touch.

CoC Coating can be used withou the non touvh technique as shown by Kaido when he used Ragnarok om Luffy touching him with advanced CoC.

Then why this effect was only applied after luffy's CoC coating? heck Oda even used this to hype the PU
Becuase Luffy was using the advanced armament haki emission flow technique added to his CoC Caoting.

Luffy fights Kaido in Gear 5 chapter 1045, and 1046 touching him with all hos blows imbued with CoC haki as Kaido did with with ragnarok.

It was only in chapter 1047 that Luffy decided to use what he did in chapters 1010, 1011, 1037 with Gear 5.

CoC would make much more sense to be something you can achieve by changing your mindset throughout your life, and not something you need to be borned with it.

That makes it be all about chosen ones, which is bad.

And then CoC coating is simply a better CoA LoL

CoA is good concept, the way Oda treats it that doesn't makes sense, "visible vs invisible haki" "Was he using haki here?" "He was using haki, look at his arm, its black" "Why aren't they using haki?"

Its messy as hell

CoO only exists when plot demands it in the most cases

Usually the base system like chakra , reiatsu , nen , spirit energy are set first and then unique abilities are given to characters - Jutsus , Zanpakuto , Hatsu , Special techniques but in OP it is opposite where unique abilities like DFs are introduced first and the base ability in haki is still not completely explored

Lucci or CP9 knowing about haki wouldn't change a shit in their fight with Strawhats. They weren't ready to defeat them.

The Sea King moment wasn't haki back then. Oda just took it as haki later on.

The worst part about haki is people thinking haki is not invisible, that black haki is stronger than invisible haki, hardening is stronger than basic armament and all the confusion about haki levels. Armament, hardening, ryou, internal damage etc.

Usually the base system like chakra , reiatsu , nen , spirit energy are set first and then unique abilities are given to characters - Jutsus , Zanpakuto , Hatsu , Special techniques but in OP it is opposite where unique abilities like DFs are introduced first and the base ability in haki is still not completely explored
I don't know if Oda truly wanted it to feel like that, but it certainly does. I don't dislike Haki per se, but you can't help but question why every character of note seems to know it in the New World and our crew consist of four capable CoA Haki users (perhaps five if Robin's devil form is Haki imbued, I guess) and the others didn't even heard about it during the timeskip.

Perhaps Oda planned Haki from the get go, but it always felt a little like "oh Shit, I have too much power to those Logia Admirals and I can't see how to deal with it for the SH's to defeat them". Except it's kind of lame and poorly defined. Mercifully it doesn't really impede the story proper, the fight are just less surprising, I guess.