Status
Not open for further replies.
Once doflamingo and katakuri actually come back to the main story i wonder if people are gonna say their hype and strength is a retcon
It is retcons to the left and right but it is what it is.

With Jinbei (1.1), Boa (1.6), Croc (1.9), Mihawk (3.5) we can safely assume at least Kuma (~2.2) & Doffy (~2.5).
Kuma and Doffy who were originally the highest might even be higher because they both know everything about Vegapunk, the underground dealings, the secrets of Mariejois, the tenryubitoo and so on.

Moria 0.8 just going by strength and inflation but he is very cunning and dangerous too so he might come back with some seriously OP dead characters and thus be 2+ as well completing the return of the ~300-million trio of Shichibukais.

My heart does go out a bit for my man Jinbei being so far below his fellow shichibukai even though he showed during marineford that he could hang real well.

Katakuri never lost to Luffy, he gave up for the greater good of humanity or something like that. He probably did see some interesting future far ahead and thus took an L on purpose.

Edit: Forgot about Law, Buggy, BB and Weevil there for a moment. I suppose if Moria gets at least 1B it means all shichi are 1+, some of them close to 4. That's truly a third world power if they collaborate. Only question mark is Weevil but he will probably be around 3.2-3.7 as well. Man is supposed to be undestroyable.

Last edited:
C

Cruxroux

It's the opposite. Katakuri is the only YC1 who makes Kaido look bad. Kaido failed to react to Snakeman. His advCoC was tanked by Luffy with a smile while Mochi Thrust grazed Luffy's body and almost killed him.

Meanwhile King is the only YC1 who makes veteran look good
you do realize right luffy after fight with kata got one shotted by kaido?

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I think it's BS character writing that Oda had Yamato deliberately abandon her dream to see and explore the world.

Staying to protect your homeland and forsaking your dream out of some sense of obligation is the exact opposite of traditional OP character development.

Yamato is still chained at the end of the Wano arc, her prison is just larger and her chains are her own. It's annoyingly inconsistent with the overall themes and messages of One Piece.

But honestly, this may not even be the worst of Oda's writing sins in Wano.

Honestly these last two chapters feel like a waste of time - all that dicktease in the entire month break about BB capitalizing on his opportunity only for him to get Koby. Dragon and Sabo talking off screen.

Such a bad flow of events, the month break didn't do him any good. I guess we got the Seraphim, honestly they reveal could have been merged with the cross guild chapter instead, with off screening most of the events in this chapter except BB capturing Koby, he didn't get shit anyway, so it's a waste of time, while leaving the rev events for this chapter, and do a breakdown of what happpened withous switching back and forth.

No I'm not. You're creating your own rules pretending like King needs to be unconscious for his flame to be out. He lost against both and in that moment there ain't no flame, it's striking.

The burden of proof lies on you to prove that the flame wasn't on because it always is. Also, how do you explain King getting wrapped up like a sandwich in the first place ?
Aramaki did not sneak on him lying in bed, he told us that much. King attacked first and got folded.
You pulled that one out of nowhere. Last time we saw King, his flame got snuffed by Zoro. So that is proof that he didn't have his flame. The next time we see him, he is getting stabbed by Greenbull and we still see no flames. Surrounding environment has no flames as well. So I have proven my point.

So since you are the one claiming that King had his flames and fought Greenbull, you have to prove it...which you haven't. Even the surrounding environment doesn't show any flames being used.

Lion of Olympus

The Prince of Power
I think it's BS character writing that Oda had Yamato deliberately abandon her dream to see and explore the world.

Staying to protect your homeland and forsaking your dream out of some sense of obligation is the exact opposite of traditional OP messaging and character development. It's annoyingly inconsistent.

But honestly, this isn't even the worst of Oda's writing sins in Wano.
Having Yamato not join the crew is the best decision Oda has made in the entirety of Wano
:myman:

you do realize right luffy after fight with kata got one shotted by kaido?
You do realize Luffy who beat katakuri was FS+Snakeman Luffy? Act 1 Luffy who got folded by Kaido was non FS G4 Luffy. That Luffy will lose to CRacker let alone Katakuri.

Katakuri folded Gear 4 forcing him to run away better than Kaido who was punching bag to Gear 4 for 30 minutes (act 1 )

The most embarrassing YC1

Status
Not open for further replies.