One Piece Chapter 1059 "Captain Koby’s Case"

Rate this chapter

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's a good chapter. We see Marco interact with the Redhead Pirates and then say goodbye to Luffy in a flashback, I have a feeling we'll be seeing Marco and the rest of the Whitebeard crew again in not too long. Yamato wanted to stay in Wano because there are threats coming to the island and that's fair.

Kaido was defeated by Luffy but other powerful people will want to attack this island.

The last and bigger part of the chapter is the one I enjoyed the most. We see in a flashback what happened on the island of Kujas of Empress Boa Hancock (the future wife of Monkey D Luffy). At first the Kujas were attacked by the navy and their new models, the Seraphim, but another person arrives on the scene Marshall D Teach and members of his crew (Catarina Devon and Vasco Shot).

Blackbeard wanted to steal Hancock's power. Hancock is extremely powerful she petrified the Vice Admiral, Hermeppo, Vasco Shot and Catarina Devon, by Blackbeard having to cancel his powers not to be petrified.

What is even more frightening with Hancock is that she masters all 3 Hakis (Armament, Observation, King).

We also learn important information is that Coby is really considered a hero by many people, moreover Blackbeard says that it is thanks to Coby that he managed to beat Ochocku a former member of the Rocks, Aka Wang-Zhi, Silver Axes It seems to me, it was thanks to him that he was able to obtain the island of Rocks Pirates .

Rayleigh like always arrives in a badass way to stop everyone, Rayleigh says that he no longer has the strength to beat the current Blackbeard which could be under between Rayleigh at his prime it's emperor level, the Gol D Roger's crew was pretty tough.

Looks like the Seraphim are some kind of copies of Shichibukai with Lunarian wings l (King's race) I feel like I saw 2 different ones in this chapter there were some that looked a hell of a lot like Mihawk and another Seraph who was almost a copy of Boa Hancock.

In the last boards it is said that Coby was kidnapped by Blackbeard, but I have the impression that there is something else behind.

Shaky is a former empress of the Kujas from 2 generations before Hancock it's good to know, it also explains why Rayleigh is so close to the Kujas.

And I almost forgot the 2 new bounties shown in this chapter Blackbeard's bounty has increased it is 3 billion 996 berries and that of Boa Hancock is 1 billion 659 million Berry, that means that the bounty of Hancock is really based on her strength, she's damn strong.

The flashback was pointless, do we get a flashback every chapter now so that Oda can fix his trash writing in Wano? Look at this paneling, this is so bad. But we got a few hype characters, cool. Peak fiction then. Ofc Blackbeard is still portrayed as the biggest moron, anyone hyped for Blackbeard - Strawhats?

Rayleigh vs bb wasnt offscreened bc there was never a fight to begin with. Bb is a coward, we knew that already.

Bb hunts powerful devil fruits. So yes it makes sense.

It already served a huge narrative difference since the warlord system was disbanded bc of them. They are pretty much a perfected version of the pasifistas. Its also a proof of how skilled vegapunk is. What did you expect to see? Death Star?
Making your end game antagonist a coward isn't a wise writing decision.

Then let BB hunt Robin's devil fruit. She can read the poneglyphs and she has a powerful devil fruit, so make BB go after Robin instead. You know make BB actually do One Piece related shit, the thing this whole story is about.

Yes, I expect a 25 year mangaka veteran to have more creativity than just writing an upgraded version of a Pacifista. I think that is a reasonable thing to expect.

Really enjoyed the Marco scene really goes to show he's the ultimate assist guy in a pirate crew. Feel like he's being set up to fight Weevil because last time we seen Weevil wasn't it on Sphinx Island?

The Yamato scene... 'sigh' this really shows Loda to be a trash writer at times. We got wasted panels of her wanting to join the crew and even apparently still does but will stay because... strong people will come even though she nearly got beat herself from said strong person. Again I'll say it again on a series based on dreams Oda doesn't give two fucks about anyone's dreams in this series but the Strawhats.

Hancock is a queen. She negged the marines Loby surviving purely because he's gay for Luffy. She was about to neg Loby until Blackbeard sneak attacked her as well and she still managed to put herself in a position where if she dies she still wins absolute queen.

The Sepharim look powerful as fuck and we only seen 2 of them... imagine how many more they have. Warlord versions, Yonko versions? Pirate King version? but seeing Blackbeard block Chibi Mihawk was cold.

Now I don't want to see any disrespect on Rayleigh's name ever. Man single-handedly told the BB pirates to fuck off and the marines to scram and they did. No wonder this guy was the right hand to Roger. All those that shit on Garp as well be prepared for Oda to do the same ain't no way Garp ain't going to get some massive moment like this.

Loby being captured in order to be the next arc princess.

Think Luffy will try save Loby but none of the marines will want to risk going to fight with Blackbeard for one lowly marine. EXCEPT I think there is one marine who's constantly shown he doesn't listen to rules and will probably team up with Luffy to save Loby.

Vice Admiral Smoker powered up as YC1+ level with Tashigi who is Scabbard level. Luffy and Smoker vs Blackbeard to save Loby Oda please give me this

:steef:

True, this is a great chance for Oda to have BB do something but he does nothing at the end. Oda is just writing random chapters instead of a coherent stories. He can still have a chance to explain how BB got 3.9b but knowing Oda he will simply sweep it under the rug.
The bounty is definitely under the rug and only for it to be higher than Luffy's. Given how the multiple info was given too like he got help from Koby to take down Ocho in the past....and we just know him by name...a character just came as a name and went off as a name...why will readers even care about him or BB defeating him..... Like why would marines just go away because of Rayleigh...I can understand BB(even that was bad), but marines?

The bounty is definitely under the rug and only for it to be higher than Luffy's. Given how the multiple info was given too like he got help from Koby to take down Ocho in the past....and we just know him by name...a character just came as a name and went off as a name...why will readers even care about him or BB defeating him..... Like why would marines just go away because of Rayleigh...I can understand BB(even that was bad), but marines?
To make some plot, Oda simply ignores logic and consistency. He is so senile that he is omitting these small but important details. I wonder what is editors are doing.

Yamato flashback feels tacked-on. Like why wouldn't this scene have been in the last chapter?

I like the banter between Marco, Shanks, and Benn, but it's also hinting at Shanks being dangerous. He seems so chill, but he can cause a lot of trouble.

BB's crew gets all these new clothes and he still can't wear a shirt smh

Seems like the Seraphim weren't used against Mihawk or Buggy. Why not? The fact that the Marines want to record what happens means this must be their first deployment and that they're still being developed or at least have the potential to be tweaked based on the data they get from this battle.

The Seraphim are crazy. I wonder if they got DNA from the warlord's vivre cards or something. Or, you know, Mihawk was grown in a government lab or something. Maybe they sampled their DNA at MF. Can a needle pierce Mihawk? Does this count as a wound?

I wonder if Coby went with BB willingly to gather info for SWORD. That matches with him saying he wants to avoid violence.

Very cool to see Ray and Shakky and hear about her past! Mihawk's parents headcanon levels are at an all-time high!

Well as per story portrayal
The seraphim are trusted by both the creator, Marines and WG and are believe to be able to replace the Warlords.
They got defence buff from King genes too making them much more durable than their original counter part.

But this could also leads to the fact that they will just be used by Oda as hypetool for their original Warlord counterpart and would get beaten by them
I could see Seraphim Mihawk get beaten by only either Zoro or Mihawk himself. Any of the two