General & Others This is absolutely shameless

This is some of the worst writing I've ever seen of a major mangaka. Like someone, anybody, please tell me what's going on in these two pages.

A manga is supposed to tell a story. Luffy is the main character. So it only makes sense that the manga would follow Luffy's story, and not unnecessarily skip over major things that Luffy does for the sake of maintaining viewer interest, right? right?

I could excuse this in the past but now this is just absolutely shameless. This dream which is supposedly a massive mystery has been referenced for over 500 chapters and Oda still won't let us know what it is. Why? is there any reason we shouldn't know what it is? I guess not; Shanks knows, sabo knows, rayleigh knows, yamato knows, momo knows, and the entire fucking straw hat crew knows. Every important character knows, yet the author wants to keep us in the dark for no reason whatsoever.

Whenever a character is about it bring it up, the manga just skips over it for literally no reason. What the fuck? This isn't how a story is supposed to be told. The fact that Oda has done it so many times now just leads me to believe that the story has no real substance. That he needs to keep this going as long as he can because otherwise nobody would care if Luffy just said his dream this chapter.

And I'm worried what this is going to mean for the future. When Luffy goes to raftel, are we just going to see a shot of all the SHs laughing, and then the question of "what is the one piece" won't be answered until 100+ chapters later once the final war is done? I guess so, this is how Oda writes one piece after all.

Luffy's dream was mentioned 4 times now. In the Luffy flashback, in the oden flashback, in Yamato's flashback, and now. And Oda is still pulling this crap. For what? Do any of you truly believe that the reveal of Luffy's dream will be deserving of all Oda has done to conceal it? I really, really doubt it. If anything, it will just feel underwhelming.

When Luffy goes to raftel, are we just going to see a shot of all the SHs laughing, and then the question of "what is the one piece" won't be answered until 100+ chapters later once the final war is done?
sbs bro
Post automatically merged:

He can't say his dream until becomes true. Is like birthday candles. Make a wish.
but he did say his dream. we just didnt get to see it because oda off-paneled it

I just didn't expect him to still be this bad.

I thought okay, this is the final saga, he will stop baiting. But he just keeps doing it.
Post automatically merged:

Other manga do it to some extent. Like in my hero, how the audience didn't know what Deku's additional quirks were, despite deku learning from all might and the other vestiges.

But with that, it never felt nearly as forced as it does with OP. Okay, we don't know all of Deku's abilities going into a battle, that's good, that's how its supposed to be. That makes the fights more interesting.

What isn't okay is not knowing the main character's driving motivation fucking 1000+ chapters and over 20 years into the series. Literally shit that should have been revealed in chapter 1 being turned into a massive mystery for the audience, all while every important character is already in on it. It feels like Oda is trolling the readers.

This dream thing is completely random. Lolda is improvising again.
Random isn't quite right. This has been teased for ten years now. It's a pretty good twist in the fact that a glaring flaw was ALWAYS that "I'm gonna be king of the pirates" thing was lose lose. Either he doesn't do it and the story is a waste of time, or he does it but it's a waste of over 100 volumes because we expected this from chapter one.

Now the finale has a decent surprise for the character at least

C

Cruxroux

This is some of the worst writing I've ever seen of a major mangaka. Like someone, anybody, please tell me what's going on in these two pages.

A manga is supposed to tell a story. Luffy is the main character. So it only makes sense that the manga would follow Luffy's story, and not unnecessarily skip over major things that Luffy does for the sake of maintaining viewer interest, right? right?

I could excuse this in the past but now this is just absolutely shameless. This dream which is supposedly a massive mystery has been referenced for over 500 chapters and Oda still won't let us know what it is. Why? is there any reason we shouldn't know what it is? I guess not; Shanks knows, sabo knows, rayleigh knows, yamato knows, momo knows, and the entire fucking straw hat crew knows. Every important character knows, yet the author wants to keep us in the dark for no reason whatsoever.

Whenever a character is about it bring it up, the manga just skips over it for literally no reason. What the fuck? This isn't how a story is supposed to be told. The fact that Oda has done it so many times now just leads me to believe that the story has no real substance. That he needs to keep this going as long as he can because otherwise nobody would care if Luffy just said his dream this chapter.

And I'm worried what this is going to mean for the future. When Luffy goes to raftel, are we just going to see a shot of all the SHs laughing, and then the question of "what is the one piece" won't be answered until 100+ chapters later once the final war is done? I guess so, this is how Oda writes one piece after all.

Luffy's dream was mentioned 4 times now. In the Luffy flashback, in the oden flashback, in Yamato's flashback, and now. And Oda is still pulling this crap. For what? Do any of you truly believe that the reveal of Luffy's dream will be deserving of all Oda has done to conceal it? I really, really doubt it. If anything, it will just feel underwhelming.
Oda is too scared to tell people what the dream is as he has delayed it himself this many times.
and giving us in the end luffy dream is to be the biggest condom would definately ruin the whole plot.

Oda "The Best Marketer"
I would be mad if someone says "The Best Writer".
It is intentional, a sadistic behavior.
Maybe only 10% realize this, other 90% fans just want OP to keep going and enjoy it.
We know Oda is better than this, he can do crazy stuff. I wish the sales decline a bit, maybe that will motivate him to write without skipping important stuff.
@BleakAsh

Skipping the dream is pretty logical to me from a narrative standpoint.

That scene had two purposes, Luffy telling the crew and thus implying they have the same standing for him as his brothers and Shanks, and to see the reactions of the crew, people who all have ridiculous dreams themselves, yet comment on how ridiculous Luffys is.

Oda did a lot of mistakes in the last few years, thats not one of them.