Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes a 40nyear old chasing a 17 year old that has surpassed since isn't a great garp parallel at all unless you tell me garp had to be 15 to 20 years older than rodger before being his rival lol
Coby will never fight a serious battle against Luffy. Some small frenemy skirmish to showcase that he is stronger now and eos he becomes Admiral and thats it.

Yes a 40nyear old chasing a 17 year old that has surpassed since isn't a great garp parallel at all unless you tell me garp had to be 15 to 20 years older than rodger before being his rival lol
Garp was older than Roger, but Coby and Luffys relationship have zero similarities to Roger and Garps.

Meanwhile Luffy and Smokers are the same:
- Chased him throughout the world
- Nearly killed each other over and over
- Luffy looks forward to fighting him again

Cool

1. We have zero facts on that since coby has been fighting more competent people than doffy.
Boas fruit is more hated yet didn't work on him

And bb said he helped him against a rocks pirate.

2. Coby was fodder at the age of 16 and in 2years is more impressive than several vice admirals and called a hero. Now tell me why smoker who was introduced as a 34 year old didn't get this type of recognition pre and post tineskip?
1. Yes we do have the facts. Based on feats Doffy neg diffs koby. Doffy went 2 rounds with g4, luffy doesn't even need g2 for koby. If you're giving koby the benefit of the doubt that he may be stronger now then do the same for smoker.
2. I'll give koby the credit about his Hero title, doesn't mean he is automatically above smoker

If I was writing onepiece I would have split the role of the new generation garp between both coby and smoker. Sadly oda isn't doing it

Rodger and garp : around the same age.

Coby: directly trained by garp

Luffy: directly trained by Rodgers second in command. Was also deemed a brother to Rodgers son.

Coby: revered as a hero like garp.

Luffy: revered as being the next joyboy like rodger.

Coby: was involved in a situation eerily similar to God valley

Luffy: took bigmoms poneglph like rodger and dipped

Need I go on?

1. Yes we do have the facts. Based on feats Doffy neg diffs koby. Doffy went 2 rounds with g4, luffy doesn't even need g2 for koby. If you're giving koby the benefit of the doubt that he may be stronger now then do the same for smoker.
2. I'll give koby the credit about his Hero title, doesn't mean he is automatically above smoker
1. Negs and defeats are two different things. Also again boa>doffy. Don't get your point

2. We saw coby train. We have not seen what he can do physically after the timeskip. However we have seen what smoker can do. So I would naturally have to give coby the benefit of the doubt

3. I never said that smoker wasn't going to get a powerup. I am saying that (a). Oda is going to find a way to give coby a bigger one and (b) coby has vast more portrayal post timeskip than Smoker's pre and post timeskip.

4. I am not saying that coby is above smoker. However we cannot say that he is below him either. And that's my point.

For example if coby is as strong as smoker the would t you have to rely on portrayal thus moving foward? That's what I am saying.

The person who’s beaten chased and fought luffy throughout the world isn’t set up to be luffys garp, but Coby fans think the person luffy fought twice (one shotting him both times) will be?

Yeah makes zero sense
Luffy has no Garp however he does have marine rivals both being Coby and smoker.

Both characters made promises to defeat luffy in the new world

Garp was older than Roger, but Coby and Luffys relationship have zero similarities to Roger and Garps.

Meanwhile Luffy and Smokers are the same:
- Chased him throughout the world
- Nearly killed each other over and over
- Luffy looks forward to fighting him again

1. Garp and rodger were friends hence why rodger trusted garp to raise his kid even more so than his former crew mates. Luffy and coby are friends.

2. Yes they had multiple battles. Smoker and luffy had 1. So even this example doesn't apply to smoker

3 cool literally told coby " you have to be strong" told coby "you have to be ad strong as an admiral if you someday want to catch me". Zoro "you have just created a powerful adversary for us". Referring to coby.

We are done
Post automatically merged:

Luffy has no Garp however he does have marine rivals both being Coby and smoker.

Both characters made promises to defeat luffy in the new world
Now this I like
Post automatically merged:

People acting like I dislike smoker. I like him alot especially his design. However I am not going to allow myself not to look at oda narrative..

If oda wanted to he could have had coby get absolutely bodied by boa. Instead he gave her a bounty comparable to katakuri. Had boas ability fail against him and then had boa go in for a named attacks to coby that he perceived coming at him. Just like luffy he had a yonko capture him.

Meanwhile oda literally drew smoker getting bodied by doffy. And having to be saved by aoikiji. Why did he not do the same to coby? And simply have Rayleigh tell boa stop or something?

Why? Because his narrative with coby is bigger hence why he won't ever make coby look the way smoker did. Infact he instead had blackbeard a yonko, a D refer to coby by his title "the hero".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.