One Piece Chapter 1061: "The Island of the Future"

Rate this chapter

• Total voters
G

Gorosei Informer

I thought Vegapunk was gonna be nice to the crew in the raws but I'm getting the impression that won't be the case with the dialogue.
:usoprice:

Also, Oda you cheeky bitch adding rabbit ears on the ship like that, this better be leading somewhere.
:kriwhat:
I made the mistake of only seeing the barrel with the ears before and not realising its part of the ship.
Maybe Carrot ate the barrel fruit after all?

Seriously though, seems like the SHs have their own tribute to Carrot at least, that must be coincidence. Maybe it is deliberate foreshadowing like Caribou in the barrel again lol.

*edit* I double goofed and it's s turbine, Oda has destroyed too many of my brain cells now lmfao.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might be on to something...
Its funny, there is sort of a semi-pattern when it comes to predicting or knowing the next arcs. Not fool proof mind you, but you can see how some examples potentially reveal those things:

- Fishman Island established Luffy's beef with BM
- Punk Hazard was a clear indication that a Doflamingo and Kaido centric arcs were coming. We also knew about "Zou" at this point.
- Dressrosa started the missing Sanji plotline with half the crew leaving DR, leading us to WCI.
- Now constant Vegapunk teases in WCI and Wano and seemingly an order of Supernova focus technically supported Egghead as being the next arc (we just didn't know the island name) since Bonney has been trying to go after Vegapunk since Marineford (but was caught by BB).
- And even NOW, we've been getting signficant focus on Cross Guild and Blackbeard, both of which are leading pirate groups for silver medalists and Underworld groups. Blackbeard has now taken Koby, who's allegedly back at Fullalead. Drake is still missing (presumably saving Hawkins' life), which I assume will play a role in this scenario.

Even with Wano passing, we STILL don't know what Drake was trying to do as a sword member. My ultimate guess is this really has to do with Aokiji infiltrating Blackbeard's crew, and he was doing the same with Kaido.

So I say just like Vegapunk, there is SO much potential for a Fullalead arc after this, especially since the first chapter of this arc is already seemingly connecting Egghead to Fullalead in small ways.

We barely get marines,it feels so refreshing to see new marine characters.
Post automatically merged:

Calm down,horny dude.
One Piece arcs that center around the WG, and the Marines tend to be more interesting (MF + W7) because they focus on interesting themes such as corruption, justice, freedom, History, grey morals, and forbidden friendships.

I can already picture these characters effortlessly becoming friends with the crew, and fan favorites.