General & Others Unpopular Opinions?

G

Gorosei Informer

Shanks might die to bb before the final war, him being alive by the final war would make things too bloated towards the alliance side unless he is a snitch which has a very low possibility
I feel Oda is purposely giving Shanks all this wank with Film Red and in the manga purposely, because he knows hes gonna kill him off soon or something. I'm getting Jiraiya deja vu or even Ace lmao.

Shanks getting "red flags" for real which is ironic given his red hair and red theming too lol. Drake also had the nickname of "Red Flag" too?

If Shanks dies though, I'm legit gonna be so upset regardless.

I feel Oda is purposely giving Shanks all this wank with Film Red and in the manga purposely, because he knows hes gonna kill him off soon or something. I'm getting Jiraiya deja vu or even Ace lmao.

Shanks getting "red flags" for real which is ironic given his red hair and red theming too lol. Drake also had the nickname of "Red Flag" too?

If Shanks dies though, I'm legit gonna be so upset regardless.
Shanks vs bb has a decent amount of build up in the manga, with whatever low screen time shanks has he is most of the time either talking about teach or directly confronted by him and now even he is in the race for the one piece and his biggest obstacle would be teach.

There is that scar that teach gave him and in road to laughtale it said that scars would lead to the characters having a battle once again like mihawk's scar to zoro. Shanks even has his jolley roger with his scar lol.

I believe shanks is rocks's son and him facing teach would fit into the pattern of the child of a powerful character does not inherit the will of their father and its often times the opposite

Monkey D. Garp - His son Dragon directly looks to overthrow the organization he works for and his grandson (who he also raised, seeing as how Luffy didn't even know he had a father) is also one of their biggest threats and aims to become Pirate King like his rival, Roger.
* Gol D. Roger - His son Portgas D. Ace completely rejected him and dedicated his life to making his pirate rival, Whitebeard, the Pirate King.
* Kaido - His son Yamato (born the same year as Momo btw) literally wants to be Kozuki Oden, the only person to ever scar him and someone he only shamefully defeated through trickery.
* Oden - While his son Momonosuke seeks to carry out his father’s will, by an ironic twist of fate he ate a Devil Fruit that turned him into a Dragon, the same form as the beast who killed his father. In fact, it was confirmed that Momo’s fruit is directly based off of Kaido’s.
* (Rocks D.) Shanks? - If what I believe to be true, Shanks is the son of Rocks D. Xebec, and was raised by his father’s rival Gol D. Roger, who he respects and reveres. Shanks seeks to stop Marshall D. Teach, the man who inherited his father’s evil will.

G

Gorosei Informer

Shanks vs bb has a decent amount of build up in the manga, with whatever low screen time shanks has he is most of the time either talking about teach or directly confronted by him and now even he is in the race for the one piece and his biggest obstacle would be teach.
Yeah that makes a lot of sense. BB was probs the pirate that Shanks tried to warn the Gorosei about too, as he tried to warn WB and thus Ace too. The WG has been underestimating BB despite what he did to Marineford and WB in front of them too and what hes capable of now as well.
I do see things playing out as you said there.

There is that scar that teach gave him and in road to laughtale it said that scars would lead to the characters having a battle once again like mihawk's scar to zoro. Shanks even has his jolley roger with his scar lol.

I believe shanks is rocks's son and him facing teach would fit into the pattern of the child of a powerful character does not inherit the will of their father and its often times the opposite
Ah interesting, it does feel like they are setup for a rematch and that solidfies it then, seals it for sure.

Aye, the sins of the father theme that OP likes to talk about too, children arent guilty of their fathers sins unless they're born Kurozumis I guess /s.

BB might be jealous of Shanks for being Xebecs son if he is his son and thus be disgusted by Shanks attitude/actions and such. Finding him to be a hypocrite or even "ungrateful" too.

Theres definitely some deep, personal shit going on with them. Buggy was wary of BB when WB and Roger fought. Buggy isnt normally that cautious of anyone too? Although he was much younger back then ofc, just a child/teenager and no DF yet I think?

Monkey D. Garp - His son Dragon directly looks to overthrow the organization he works for and his grandson (who he also raised, seeing as how Luffy didn't even know he had a father) is also one of their biggest threats and aims to become Pirate King like his rival, Roger.
* Gol D. Roger - His son Portgas D. Ace completely rejected him and dedicated his life to making his pirate rival, Whitebeard, the Pirate King.
* Kaido - His son Yamato (born the same year as Momo btw) literally wants to be Kozuki Oden, the only person to ever scar him and someone he only shamefully defeated through trickery.
* Oden - While his son Momonosuke seeks to carry out his father’s will, by an ironic twist of fate he ate a Devil Fruit that turned him into a Dragon, the same form as the beast who killed his father. In fact, it was confirmed that Momo’s fruit is directly based off of Kaido’s.
* (Rocks D.) Shanks? - If what I believe to be true, Shanks is the son of Rocks D. Xebec, and was raised by his father’s rival Gol D. Roger, who he respects and reveres. Shanks seeks to stop Marshall D. Teach, the man who inherited his father’s evil will.
Yeah there is some distinct irony with Garp and Dragon there now you mention it lmao. Fits in thematically with what you just said be fore too. Shanks is lawful/dipomatic/honourable/selfless too, the exact opposite of Blackbeard and Xebec as well.

Those are some really good points and comparisons, damn. This feels canon now you mention it like this, now its all laid out like that. I like this a lot!

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. BB was probs the pirate that Shanks tried to warn the Gorosei about too, as he tried to warn WB and thus Ace too. The WG has been underestimating BB despite what he did to Marineford and WB in front of them too and what hes capable of now as well.
I do see things playing out as you said there.

Ah interesting, it does feel like they are setup for a rematch and that solidfies it then, seals it for sure.

Aye, the sins of the father theme that OP likes to talk about too, children arent guilty of their fathers sins unless they're born Kurozumis I guess /s.

BB might be jealous of Shanks for being Xebecs son if he is his son and thus be disgusted by Shanks attitude/actions and such. Finding him to be a hypocrite or even "ungrateful" too.

Theres definitely some deep, personal shit going on with them. Buggy was wary of BB when WB and Roger fought. Buggy isnt normally that cautious of anyone too? Although he was much younger back then ofc, just a child/teenager and no DF yet I think?

Yeah there is some distinct irony with Garp and Dragon there now you mention it lmao. Fits in thematically with what you just said be fore too. Shanks is lawful/dipomatic/honourable/selfless too, the exact opposite of Blackbeard and Xebec as well.

Those are some really good points and comparisons, damn. This feels canon now you mention it like this, now its all laid out like that. I like this a lot!
I was planning on making a thread for this :milaugh:

1)yamato is not a top tier. Her 1vs1 with Kaido is fake hype. Doesnt count. She even admitted her inferiority to aramaki who is weaker than kaido.
2)germa 66's only actual members should have been judge(the cruel father), ichiji(the arrogant brother) and reiju(the caring sister). Niji and yonji are completely boring, trash characters, cope pastes of ichiji who dont even serve any actual purpose plot wise.
3) magellan is much stronger people give credit for.

cocoyasi village is peak One Piece
Post automatically merged:

- All SH were relevant and actually did shit during the arc
- Not a billion side characters no one gives a shit about
- Short emotional backstory rather than the 10-chapters snooze fests we had post-TS
- The purpose to fight is to save one of the crew, not save the island of some random inhabitant after 3 interactions like in most arcs after that
- Setting was more comfy
- One of the only times Luffy acted as captain
- Arlong was actually much more menacing that most villains after him
- Fights were actually readable. I have to spend 1mn on a single panel to know what the fuck is going on in most recent arcs.

Last edited:
cocoyasi village is peak One Piece
Post automatically merged:

- All SH were relevant and actually did shit during the arc
- Not a billion side characters no one gives a shit about
- Short emotional backstory rather than the 10-chapters snooze fests we had post-TS
- The purpose to fight is to save one of the crew, not save the island of some random inhabitant after 3 interactions like in most arcs after that
- Setting was more comfy
- One of the only times Luffy acted as captain
- Arlong was actually much more menacing that most villains after him
- Fights were actually readable. I have to spend 1mn on a single panel to know what the fuck is going on in most recent arcs.
I mean, how is this unpopular.
You are talking about an arc that was something like 20 years ago.

Want a real unpopular opinion?
The handling of the Top Powers, as in 4 emperors, Marine and warlords, is fantastic.
Specially the new emperors.

Roronoa Zoro is Gol D. Roger's true successor. However, his succession was taken over by Luffy since Zoro would've always gotten lost trying to find One Piece. Zoro's lack of direction is actually a disease, this disease is also what helped drive Zoro to want to become the strongest since he is actually just sick/weak. Once Zoro becomes the strongest his disease will be cured, and he'll be able to find One Piece and become Pirate King. The final fight of One Piece will be Pirate King Zoro against Luffy.