Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
You- “samurai is not a role”
Manga- “literally has Oden being known as Whitebeard’s samurai”
You- “samurai is not a role”
Are you retarded? Like honest question here.

Are you unironically arguing Samurai is a role in a pirate ship crew.? If i say Rebbeca is a gladiator, do you also think gladiator is a pirate crew role?

Yeah it's not that Samurai is just a descripter for what Oden was, it's his role on the crew. Christ
Post automatically merged:

Say what you want about Yamato stans, but at least they were mature enough to take their Ls. :milaugh:
Doesn't seem so

lol Carrot went missing for an entire arc and people still act like she's relevant?
Not only is Carrot relevant, Carrot is one of the most important characters of the past seven years and tied with Jinbei. Because of her amazing panel time

Also Rebecca keeps getting mentioned for some reason and I don‘t even want to know why that is.

I mean i'm not going to adress all of this retarded nonsense untill you can actually make sense and explain how Yamato needs to travel with Luffy to Raftel, so that Momo can open Wano's borders.

Literally pure headcanon that you need to reach raftel before you open the borders, Momo literally said to Zuneesha to not open the borders because he knew he was too weak to defend Wano but you're so gaslight in your bs you don't even see reality.

The only character who had the dream you described of the Dawn and to make sure the SH reach Raftel is the Minks, Pedro specially and by consequence Carrot.
-the borders are opening as part of Luffy being this destined hero Nika who will tear the world asunder
-so helping Luffy on his quest is helping bringing the day the borders come down ever closer

It’s pretty fucking basic.

And I’m not saying it needs to happen. I’m saying if Yamato does come back with the crew that will be her dream. As it stands she won’t actually do anything to bring the day the borders down closer, because it’s all on Luffy and the Strawhats to get to the stage where it will.

And again, since you can’t read, it doesn’t surprise me at all that you did not notice Yamato and Kine’mon talking about bringing the Dawn to Wano throughout the arc.

Are you retarded? Like honest question here.

Are you unironically arguing Samurai is a role in a pirate ship crew.? If i say Rebbeca is a gladiator, do you also think gladiator is a pirate crew role?

Yeah it's not that Samurai is just a descripter for what Oden was, it's his role on the crew. Christ
Have you somehow got this far in One Piece and not realised that archaeologist and musician are acceptable roles in a pirate ship?

Oden was known as Whitebeard’s samurai. Not his first mate, not his swordsman, not his fighter, he was identified as being the samurai. Yamato’s flashback had her saying that she wanted to be a samurai.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
Yamato not joining is IMO the worst Oda writing so far.

Not only did this dude waste so many panels forcing that plot and went this way to introduce Yamato to several SH's only to drop it all together

Ending of Wano cemented my death of love for OP, I still read it but with same energy as I take a piss each morning.

Dude, if Yamato has that dream she is already is fufilling it by defending Wano, at no point is it necessary for Yamato to travel with the SH to fufill that.

And for the the 10th time Momo literally stopped Zuneesha from opening the borders, if that's her dream she needs to go talk to Momo not sail with the SH.

"Oden was known as Whitebeard’s samurai. Not his first mate, not his swordsman, not his fighter, he was identified as being the samurai. Yamato’s flashback had her saying that she wanted to be a samurai. "

Yeah and what about Izou? What was Izou? 2nd in commander samurai? It's just a fcking description dude. It's like saying the fishman, or the oni of the crew

@Warback please explain how is Carrot as relevant as Jinbe has been?
I just said she had the same panels as Jimbei in the last 2 arcs which is true.

Dude, if Yamato has that dream she is already is fufilling it by defending Wano, at no point is it necessary for Yamato to travel with the SH to fufill that.
She’s not though, is she? Yamato could defend Wano all she wants, if Luffy dies at sea then the borders will never come down. It’s all on his shoulders. It’s not a coincidence that Zunisha reappeared just as Luffy awakened and so she could hear the Drums of Liberation again.
And for the the 10th time Momo literally stopped Zuneesha from opening the borders, if that's her dream she needs to go talk to Momo not sail with the SH.
Because the time wasn’t right yet. It will be when the Strawhats have travelled further.
Oden was known as Whitebeard’s samurai. Not his first mate, not his swordsman, not his fighter, he was identified as being the samurai. Yamato’s flashback had her saying that she wanted to be a samurai. "

Yeah and what about Izou? What was Izou? 2nd in commander samurai? It's just a fcking description dude. It's like saying the fishman, or the oni of the crew
Izou was also a samurai. Is this meant to be some big gotcha moment? The division commander is separate from the role in the ship. Marco was the doctor (and there was more than one, we saw the guy that tried to help Ace), Thatch was a cook, Vista a swordsman. No doubt there was also a navigator, a shipwright etc.

I just said she had the same panels as Jimbei in the last 2 arcs which is true.
Kiku had 484 panels in Wano, putting her in seventh place overall.

Jinbei had 188 and Carrot had 104.

That means Kiku had more panels than Jinbei and Carrot combined.

Based on this I can only assume Kiku is one of the most important characters to ever exist, to have recieved so many panels in such an important arc. Surely she will be a Strawhat as well.

And btw, here’s why getting to Laugh Tale is important to opening the borders. Cause Oden refused to give the reason why it should happen. It’s only when the Strawhats get there that we’ll know that and Momo will see why it needs to happen.

Last edited:
boi this jus ain't true.
Yes it is. As soon as Chapter 1057 dropped, the vast majority of Yamato stans took their Ls and moved on. That’s why hardly anybody argues for her anymore on here.

Meanwhile last 10 pages are just filled with Barrel enthusiasts still being in denial pretending as if Caribou wasn’t the one hiding in the barrel. :milaugh:

Last edited:

Peppercore

(☝◞‸◟)☞ 𝚂𝚒𝚖𝚙
Nah, it is true. As soon as Chapter 1057 dropped, the vast majority of Yamato stans took their Ls and moved on. That’s why hardly anybody argues for her anymore on here.

Meanwhile last few pages are just filled with Barrel enthusiasts still being in denial pretending as if Caribou wasn’t the one hiding in the barrel. :milaugh:
here of course but different story on the one piece discord but then carrot fans there have been silent too...just depends on where u go

She’s not though, is she? Yamato could defend Wano all she wants, if Luffy dies at sea then the borders will never come down. It’s all on his shoulders. It’s not a coincidence that Zunisha reappeared just as Luffy awakened and so she could hear the Drums of Liberation again.
Ok? And if Momo dies because she's not in Wano to defend him, then you literally can't have Zunisha open the borders because she only obeys Momo or possibly Hiyori.

Because the time wasn’t right yet. It will be when the Strawhats have travelled further.
Yes and either way, by Yamato protecting either Luffy or Momo she fufilling that dream, Momo seems to be the more important character in opening the borders because he's literally the one that decides that

Izou was also a samurai. Is this meant to be some big gotcha moment? The division commander is separate from the role in the ship. Marco was the doctor (and there was more than one, we saw the guy that tried to help Ace), Thatch was a cook, Vista a swordsman. No doubt there was also a navigator, a shipwright etc.
Right and so what do you think is more likely, Samurai is just a description of what they are, or Samurai is their role and Whitebeard is the only pirate crew to have them and 2 for some reason.

When Vivi traveled with the SH, you can describe it as them having a princess.
When Raizou traveled with the SH , you can describe it as them having a ninja.

You can do this with a Kunoichi, a mayor, a painter, a scientist, a slaver, whatever, noone of these are roles of a pirate ship that you can write around anything substancial.

Musician and archeologist are not at the same level as Samurai or Ninja.

Kiku had 484 panels in Wano, putting her in seventh place overall.

Jinbei had 188 and Carrot had 104.

That means Kiku had more panels than Jinbei and Carrot combined.

Based on this I can only assume Kiku is one of the most important characters to ever exist, to have recieved so many panels in such an important arc. Surely she will be a Strawhat as well.
Right so we should relegate these characters to being insignficant right? They don't matter. We have characters in this poll such as Bellamy and Caribou that have probaly a combined aparenace of less than 300 panels but people who have actively sailed with the SH are completly dismissable.

Sorry what's your alternative again? What criteria are you using? It's doesn't seem to be panel count or chapter count or actually sailing with the SH or being in multiple arcs or actually talking to any SH, which is something a handfull of characters have.

No you're right, it must be the random character we never heard about during all of Wano who showed up at the end, that's how you write relevance.

And btw, here’s why getting to Laugh Tale is important to opening the borders. Cause Oden refused to give the reason why it should happen. It’s only when the Strawhats get there that we’ll know that and Momo will see why it needs to happen.

Hum no? This is literally why Momo being strong enough to defend Wano is what's important to opening the borders.

How can you read " If it would mean exposing the people of wano to danger i do not wish to open the borders", and conclude, oh he needs the SH need to reach LT for momo to open the borders.

I'm genuily flabergasted.

Yes it is. As soon as Chapter 1057 dropped, the vast majority of Yamato stans took their Ls and moved on. That’s why hardly anybody argues for her anymore on here.

Meanwhile last 10 pages are just filled with Barrel enthusiasts still being in denial pretending as if Caribou wasn’t the one hiding in the barrel. :milaugh:

I can personally point you to 2-3 deranged Yamato fans who will reply in every post about Carrot in a certain website.

Yamato fans didn't take the L they just coped by shting on Carrot

Ok? And if Momo dies because she's not in Wano to defend him, then you literally can't have Zunisha open the borders because she only obeys Momo or possibly Hiyori.
This is the first decent point you’ve actually made.

Both Luffy and Momo are vital for what is to come. Helping either one is going on a path towards opening the borders.
Right and so what do you think is more likely, Samurai is just a description of what they are, or Samurai is their role and Whitebeard is the only pirate crew to have them and 2 for some reason.
How many pirate crews have archaeologists?

Nobody else has samurai because samurai are the warriors of an enclosed nation that as far as we know has only allowed four groups to leave in fifty years. It is incredibly rare to run into a samurai. There isn’t a ton of them wandering around the Grand Line.
Musician and archeologist are not at the same level as Samurai or Ninja.
They are though. It’s an incredibly low bar. If Oda wants a samurai or a ninja to be a role then that fits in fine with musician or archaeologist being one. We can even add Sword Master to the list now.
Right so we should relegate these characters to being insignficant right? They don't matter. We have characters in this poll such as Bellamy and Caribou that have probaly a combined aparenace of less than 300 panels but people who have actively sailed with the SH are completly dismissable.
I dismiss those arguments as well so... yeah.
Sorry what's your alternative again? What criteria are you using? It's doesn't seem to be panel count or chapter count or actually sailing with the SH or being in multiple arcs or actually talking to any SH, which is something a handfull of characters have.

No you're right, it must be the random character we never heard about during all of Wano who showed up at the end, that's how you write relevance.
Are you dense?

We talked about Yamato because for eighty chapters she was getting a huge amount of focus and, most importantly kept saying she wanted to join the damn crew.

Hum no? This is literally why Momo being strong enough to defend Wano is what's important to opening the borders.

How can you read " If it would mean exposing the people of wano to danger i do not wish to open the borders", and conclude, oh he needs the SH need to reach LT for momo to open the borders.

I'm genuily flabergasted.
The people of Wano will be exposed to the dangers of the world when the borders come down no matter what.

Momo‘s dilemma is that he doesn‘t know why that risk would be worth it, because he doesn’t know what his father actually discovered on Laugh Tale.

When Momo finds out the true history he’ll order the borders to be opened regardless of the risk.

Oden’s dream cannot be fulfilled unless someone- Luffy- gets to Laugh Tale so the information can make it’s way to Momo.

What about this is tripping you up.

Carrot never had a backstory, was never a main factor to an arc, not major thematic value, no ties to an main villain, no villain or problem than Luffy solved for her. Those are major things that all SHs share and Yamato nailed those checkmark too. Carrot nailed none of them.

That alone made Yamato better than Carrot.
What's the point of having a backstory when your tragic event is happening in real time. It has the same impact as a backstory.
luffy "sad backstory" was Ace lol. Who told you that these were the criteria for joining the crew. The only thing that just the SH have in common compared to the other is their role in the crew and Oda confirmed it. Oda never confirmed that he recruited the members according to the criteria you mentioned. Otherwise all the princesses are SH

Carrot having nothing more than a minor role in Wano is a fact.

Carrot getting off screened by a side villain and separated from the main conflict is a fact

Carrot not having a sad backstory, lacking focus above that of supporting character etc are facts.

Those are not opinions. Unless it's an opinion that Carrot is a rabbit or something?
all the set up of Carrot is done on WCI (role on the ship, tragic event, inherited will, crew dynamic with the SH) Wano was not her arc and it doesn't erase WCI.
One thing WCI showed me is that no matter how strong your crew is, at sea you are at a disadvantage without three key crew members.
-A navigator.
-A helmsman.
-A lookout.
Nami, Jinbei, and Carrot were able to escape a large yonko fleet in their own territory. Call it plot armor if you want, but all 3 suited to these key roles were able to outwit a fleet AT SEA and go through a tsunami.
Again with the lies. Even after I was so direct, you strawman once again. I said Carrot never done anything unique that other SHs cannot do themselves.

Jinbe showed helmsmanship that only he can do. Where is Carrot's unique lookout prowess?
Oda gave Carrot all the skills that a lookout can have
-she jumps very high to reach the crow's nest and even higher to get a better view

-she has a great detection and a good hearing

-Her sleep schedule allows her to be awake at all hours. She has a good relationship with Nami and Jinbe which is important because the navigation of a ship of this size requires a relay of information between the lookout, the navigator and the helmsman.
A lookout is so important, it allow everyone to simply fit in their roles without having to fill multiple position.
the SH didn't need a lookout why did they need Bonney's help to make them notice the danger.
the last chapter we see clearly that the role of lookout is missing in the crew. Bonney shows us very well without her who warns the crew of the danger the boat with the crew gets eaten by the shark. Bonney acts as a lookout, she is high up and thanks to the view she has, she sees the shark and warns the crew like a lookout.

Did Ussop see the shark? Ussop already has a role and Oda shows it very well.
Many characters bonded with the SHs and so did Yamato.....
Many characters are linked to the SH but don't have a crew dynamic with them like Carrot. Carrot actively participates on the ship and even has a role on the ship while traveling with them and warns the helmsman and navigator of the threats. No fellow travelers have had that
Yanato stated her dream multiple times but yet you say she has none. Huh....so you whine about facts vs opinions when you give outright false statements.

And again with assuming someone likes a characters because they disagree with you.

"Admiral level"??? I thought arguing about power levels was a bad thing? Guess not if it's for youth argument eh?
"swears to protect Momo even if she has to die for it" is a fact
"tells Kaido that she can't be called Oden if she doesn't defend the country" is a fact
"having the DF of the guardian protector of Wano" is a fact Oda can't have introduced a DF with a literal name like that if it's not to develop it later on it would be a waste
says she was going to stay in her country and asks them if she is one of them exactly like Vivi did in Alabasta that's also a fact

And she had a backstory unlike Carrot.
dawgg "tragic event" Carrot has a tragic event to which she received the will of her mentor as all SH

This is the first decent point you’ve actually made.

Both Luffy and Momo are vital for what is to come. Helping either one is going on a path towards opening the borders.

How many pirate crews have archaeologists?

Nobody else has samurai because samurai are the warriors of an enclosed nation that as far as we know has only allowed four groups to leave in fifty years. It is incredibly rare to run into a samurai. There isn’t a ton of them wandering around the Grand Line.

They are though. It’s an incredibly low bar. If Oda wants a samurai or a ninja to be a role then that fits in fine with musician or archaeologist being one. We can even add Sword Master to the list now.

I dismiss those arguments as well so... yeah.

Are you dense?

We talked about Yamato because for eighty chapters she was getting a huge amount of focus and, most importantly kept saying she wanted to join the damn crew.

The people of Wano will be exposed to the dangers of the world when the borders come down no matter what.

Momo‘s dilemma is that he doesn‘t know why that risk would be worth it, because he doesn’t know what his father actually discovered on Laugh Tale.

When Momo finds out the true history he’ll order the borders to be opened regardless of the risk.

Oden’s dream cannot be fulfilled unless someone- Luffy- gets to Laugh Tale so the information can make it’s way to Momo.

What about this is tripping you up.
Luffy's crew is not like WB each member has a function that they excel at, please conjure up some way a Samurai could be an role that she excels in besides her being broken strong, which makes Zoro redudant.

"The people of Wano will be exposed to the dangers of the world when the borders come down no matter what.

When Momo finds out the true history he’ll order the borders to be opened regardless of the risk."

You're the one that seems to be tripping on this point, you're headcanoning that somehow in some way Momo is going to discover the true history and then open the borders as oposed to what he actually said of not opening the borders because he can't protect Wano.

You already conceited Yamato staying in Wano is just as valid as going with Luffy, but it's actually the only thing that matters is protecting Momo.

Traveling with Luffy acomplishes dogsht if she did, someone could just invade Wano

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
I mean i just repeat myself endlessy and it's never adressed.

1-"What's Carrot unique lookout prowess"

What's Yamato role? Anytime this century if you'd like.

2-"For the 468383th time myself, where is Carrot's unique lookout ability that no other SH can do?"

Giberish, she can jump 100 meters in the air and has good eyesight, what else do you want? Do you want her to spot something 1548 miles away or soemthing? Jesus Christ.

3-"The very fact that you think I even like Yamato kills your arguement. It ironically makes you appear younonly argue in bad faith given how often you use "Yamato fan/Carrot hater" as an actual argument."

Ok i guess we can resolve this in 5 seconds, do you dislike Carrot? Oh you do? Shocker.

4-"Where is it? And how is getting off paneled as a minor character better than being a main character interacting with the main heroes and villain of the arc?"

Yeah just like Nami and Robin interacted with the main villains of their arc, oh wait. Yeah congratz every princess of the arc interacts with the main villain, Rebbeca, Vivi, this is some bs imaginary standard as to why one would be a SH.

5-"Many characters bonded with the SHs and so did Yamato.....
What you're speaking is outright false. She spent time with the SHs for a whole week and they all said goodbye at the end."

Oh yeah totally, talking of offscreens where is that? I'm glad in your head she spent time with the SH for a whole week. Just ignore the thousands and thousands of interactions and SH centric moments Carrot had, anything for agenda my dude.

6-"Yanato stated her dream multiple times but yet you say she has none. Huh....so you whine about facts vs opinions when you give outright false statements."

Oh really what is it? The other guy said it's to bring down Wano's borders, what's your take?
Why do you all never talk about specifics, what's Yamato's role and dream, just answer.

7-""Admiral level"??? I thought arguing about power levels was a bad thing? Guess not if it's for youth argument eh?"

Yamato is too strong to have joined the SH at the end of Wano and she's way too old to have the position of aprentice which is what the other guy suggested.

How can this possibly be an argument in your favour or how you're even relating these two things is beyond me
So once again, your biggest counter argument is that I'm just a Carrot hater. Wasn't I a Yamabro at first according to you?

What's the point of having a backstory when your tragic event is happening in real time. It has the same impact as a backstory.
luffy "sad backstory" was Ace lol. Who told you that these were the criteria for joining the crew. The only thing that just the SH have in common compared to the other is their role in the crew and Oda confirmed it. Oda never confirmed that he recruited the members according to the criteria you mentioned. Otherwise all the princesses are SH

all the set up of Carrot is done on WCI (role on the ship, tragic event, inherited will, crew dynamic with the SH) Wano was not her arc and it doesn't erase WCI.

A lookout is so important, it allow everyone to simply fit in their roles without having to fill multiple position.
the SH didn't need a lookout why did they need Bonney's help to make them notice the danger.

Many characters are linked to the SH but don't have a crew dynamic with them like Carrot. Carrot actively participates on the ship and even has a role on the ship while traveling with them and warns the helmsman and navigator of the threats. No fellow travelers have had that

"swears to protect Momo even if she has to die for it" is a fact
"tells Kaido that she can't be called Oden if she doesn't defend the country" is a fact
"having the DF of the guardian protector of Wano" is a fact Oda can't have introduced a DF with a literal name like that if it's not to develop it later on it would be a waste
says she was going to stay in her country and asks them if she is one of them exactly like Vivi did in Alabasta that's also a fact

dawgg "tragic event" Carrot has a tragic event to which she received the will of her mentor as all SH
I recall giving you a long reply that you didn't respond to last time so I'll make due with this: your entire is that Carrot is so special that Oda changes his writing style just for her. All of the SHs has had sad backstories and pasts that shaped them into who they are today, but Carrot and Carrot alone gets to be the exception just because.

So once again, your biggest counter argument is that I'm just a Carrot hater. Wasn't I a Yamabro at first according to you?

I recall giving you a long reply that you didn't respond to last time so I'll make due with this: your entire is that Carrot is so special that Oda changes his writing style just for her. All of the SHs has had sad backstories and pasts that shaped them into who they are today, but Carrot and Carrot alone gets to be the exception just because.
Carrot had a sad event and that is shaping her
Her fight against Perospero is a proof of this as her will was put to the test during her fight. So no, it doesn't change the writing of Oda since it has the same impact