General & Others Chainsawman : General Discussion thread

Who are your favourite characters?

• Total voters
Chapter was ok, I kinda expected something more than Asa stripping, but well, it's Fujimoto. :wellwell:
Why the hell is Yoru so weak tho, lol?

The Yuko sashimi was great art tho.

Interesting chapter. Prolly the Death Devil. Must be talking about Yoru as the little sister.
I'd be sorely disappointed if this was actually Death. When Darkness was introduced, I always thought of Death as the highest of the primordial fears, the strongest devil there is, a presence even more intimidating than Darkness.

But it might actually be, since she has the same eyes as Makima and Yoru, and apparently reversed Yuko's death.

Altho, it seems like this chapter kinda confirmed that Yuko is actually another hybrid? Since she said Justice gave her a shining "heart", might've been literal. So in that case, she should be immortal anyway - so might not even have been the new girl's doing?

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
I'd be sorely disappointed if this was actually Death. When Darkness was introduced, I always thought of Death as the highest of the primordial fears, the strongest devil there is, a very intimidating presence.
Although chances are high it might be, since she has the same eyes as Makima and Yoru, and apparently revived Yuko.
The girl will probably have such a presence soon as well if she is the Death Devil, and imo chances are quite high that she is. The eyes are a sign imo.

The girl will probably have such a presence soon as well if she is the Death Devil, and imo chances are quite high that she is. The eyes are a sign imo.
Yeah, it's likely she's a horseman based on the eyes and the sister comment.
Still can't make sense out of Yuko's transformation, tho. She's not a devilman, but as a hybrid, she should be immortal, no?

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Yeah, it's likely she's a horseman based on the eyes and the sister comment.
Still can't make sense out of Yuko's transformation, tho. She's not a devilman, but as a hybrid, she should be immortal, no?
If she's a hybrid she should be nigh-immortal, as long as she has enough blood to consume, she should heal from anything.

Well Hot Damn. Asa Flayed Yuko.
Never Underestimate Objects given to those we've lost and they hold special value.

And that's definitely A horseman.
Y'all saying Death but I've seen others speculate that it's Famine.

How is it possible that half-assed Black Clover (I don't dislike it) has his own place in this forum but CSM doesn't?

I think that most of CSM downplays are opinions from people that still like plain basic Shonen, and can't understand how subverting expectations is a major thing in Fujimoto's way of writing. Mangas like Kimetsu no Yaiba are utterly "boring" and predictable. I guess you need to consume enough mangas to realize that most of the Shonen are "rubbish". Don't get me wrong, I also enjoy plain Shonen but can't understand why there are so many lazy writers always going the very same routes. I like cool fight panels, but I prefer great narrative

How is it possible that half-assed Black Clover (I don't dislike it) has his own place in this forum but CSM doesn't?

I think that most of CSM downplays are opinions from people that still like plain basic Shonen, and can't understand how subverting expectations is a major thing in Fujimoto's way of writing. Mangas like Kimetsu no Yaiba are utterly "boring" and predictable. I guess you need to consume enough mangas to realize that most of the Shonen are "rubbish". Don't get me wrong, I also enjoy plain Shonen but can't understand why there are so many lazy writers always going the very same routes. I like cool fight panels, but I prefer great narrative
KNY > Part 1 chainsaw man in consistency

This thread is barely active, a csm would be dead.

Seatonnes

is probably playing Overwatch 2

one piece forum, black clover shares a much closer fanbase as well as chainsawman only recently getting an anime (so less fans)

This thread is only active on chapter days. And active is stretching it. There's zero discussion otherwise.

KNY > Part 1 chainsaw man in consistency
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying, KNY is a huge consistent pile of overhyped ultrapredictable 💩. I kinda enjoyed reading it though, it was aesthetically pleasing and overall not bad, but I'm sick of reading the same kind of stuff over and over again. Every character was a plain manga archetype without soul except maybe Inosuke and Zenitsu. The MC is awfully written, in my opinion the worst MC ever