One Piece Chapter 1067 Punk Records

rate chapter

• Total voters
Given his comment about Sanji's haki here and also his fixation on being emotionless warriors, strength/power and such, it would make sense for the Vinsmokes to have haki but they could have used it to protect themselves back at WCI, but alas though... :

Making his children "emotionless" would be a great way to keep yourself calm/focused enough to use observation haki and thus have it affected by your emotions?

Although ironically, none of the Vinsmokes aside from Sanji ofc have shown any haki proficiency at all?

:hope:
According to their vivre cards, none of the Vinsmokes have haki.

Just to add to this too, I found this on Piratefolk earlier:

I wouldnt be surprised if science can end up countering/nullifying haki to some degree somehow too.

Although given Vegas photon gloves or w/e, he has a counter to Kizarus DF? Maybe the anti grav thrusters for Fujitora DF too?
Science should effectively be able to nullify all DF. Earlier I liked how people had to counter DF by figuring them out and using their weaknesses, weaker characters had to rely on tactics too. And that's how it should be...But then came Haki which made...or became an excuse for anything which certain characters did not do with their DF. Haki shouldn't be part of the world tbh. Should have either made DF users(who are enemies) to be quite rare and used their powers effectively and in a fight to counter them too. Could have also used DFs not just for fights but for certain plot points too, as a support utility too.

I'm confident Oda will do Dragon justice from here on out. He's been getting a good deal of panels lately compared to prior. Nice to see him show more emotion and I hope we get a fleshed out flashback from him and Kuma.

Vegapunk's been alright and I hope he continues to reveal and expand on more interesting stuff from the past.

I think it's nice that Lucci still remains a big shot in the world. It's been two years and some months and his potential was highlighted quite a lot back at Enies Lobby (even reiterated by Who's Who) so him being comparable to Mr. Guernica doesn't seem so far-fetched and him being superior to Who's Who makes quite a lot of sense.

Just to add to this too, I found this on Piratefolk earlier:

I wouldnt be surprised if science can end up countering/nullifying haki to some degree somehow too.

Although given Vegas photon gloves or w/e, he has a counter to Kizarus DF? Maybe the anti grav thrusters for Fujitora DF too?
That would be cool, but don’t give Loda too much credit

We see Kuma starting to run only after Shaka told everyone to prepare for battle. So, I think Shaka somehow called Kuma or prepared him for battle.
What I really want to know in the next chapter is, how the revolution army reacts now that Kuma wants to run somewhere. Do they want to follow him? Or even bring him to where he wants to rush to? Dragon could very well be curious as to why Kuma so suddenly reacts the way he does. And I would love for him to be just a little curious and investigate.

Another farfetched theory of mine: Vegapunk explicitly asks Luffy to take him away from Egghead. I think the phrasing here is important. He is not asking to sail with him, but to bring him somewhere else than Egghead. And now that we know of his big brain and his satellites, I wonder what he means by “ME”. Is he talking about his person or does he mean: Me, my satellites and my brain on top of that mountain. How would they be able to carry this all? With a robot - and the power source?

And why is he asking Luffy to take him elsewhere? What I wonder is, why Vegapunk does not use the Seraphims to protect himself and beat CP0? Why fleeing? Also, he has enough tech to build himself a ship. My thought on this is that Vegapunk either is not able to build a ship himself for whatever reason or he just had not enough time to do so. I opt for the latter. This also would explain why Shaka contacted Dragon shortly before he met the Strawhats - Shaka didn’t know before that the government was after them. So, whatever they have as source to get the information from the WG, could not produce this information before. This means shortly before we see Shaka talking to Dragon and Vegapunk asking to be taken somewhere else, their source was informed. And what do we see in chapter 1062? Who of all people is getting informed about an order he receives not until he is on a ship halfway to their destination, even though he is the head of their little group? It seemed odd to me the whole time: Why would Lucci not know, what their mission was up until they could not turn around anymore? Why needed Kaku to explain it to him right there on the ocean and not before? This makes no sense, because Lucci is their main source of strength at the moment beside Kuma. My theory therefore is. The CP0 (or Stussi and Kaku) didn’t want him to be informed beforehand for reasons we can only guess. Maybe they knew of him having connections to Vegapunk? How does these connections look like? If I want to get really crazy, I am guessing Lucci is a stray satellite who can connect to Vegapunk’s brain. (It would also fit quite well with the little slipup in chapter 1062, in which Oda depicted Atlas as Punk 6 and not Punk 5. That would make them 7 Punks.)

What more is, when Kaku informs Lucci about their order that late, then Lucci – as a sharp person himself – must at least contemplate about why they are informing him so late. And the only conclusion of this would mean, he knows that Kaku knows about his connection to Vegapunk.

From the looks of it, Shaka seems to be the leader amongst the satellites. Everyone seems to come to him when something needs to be decided. I wonder if he was the first satellite to be cloned.

G

Gorosei Informer

Science should effectively be able to nullify all DF. Earlier I liked how people had to counter DF by figuring them out and using their weaknesses, weaker characters had to rely on tactics too. And that's how it should be...But then came Haki which made...or became an excuse for anything which certain characters did not do with their DF. Haki shouldn't be part of the world tbh. Should have either made DF users(who are enemies) to be quite rare and used their powers effectively and in a fight to counter them too. Could have also used DFs not just for fights but for certain plot points too, as a support utility too.
Yeah same here tbh, I miss that tactical element, I really enjoy Jojo for that reason, tactical battles are the best! One Piece has become more linear in how it writes fights now, very more typical Shonen since haki became the focus and feeling more like DBZ (Ki in DBZ too).

I like the concept of ambition (Haki) being weaponised literally but it was introduced too far into the game and has caused immense problems since then. Oda shouldnt have made Logias so unstoppable, my friend suggested they should only have intangible forms or w/e for a limited time due to their stamina and the Pirate Warriors games make them work in this way too, having them go tangible after you break their "stamina meter" down so you can hit them with any character.

I love DFs but they are becoming WAY too broken as I fear, with Luffys own awakening, Laws fruit to some degree, Sugars and Utas fruits especially my god, I watched Red recently and Uta is IMMENSELY broken, its completely absurd! I thought Bullet was crazy broken but man Uta is completely borked in her own ways too!

The series was much better when it was simpler/more humble and thus grounded.

Yeah, I've seen people defending VPs DF for that reason you mentioned, as its more of a non-combat/support DF as far as we know and Violas DF was great for that too but then Oda tried to make it a combat fruit with that stupid gross eye whale ability too. DFs working like support/utililty roles and items in great would be so great. Puddings DF has no direct combat capability AFAIK but I wouldnt put it past Oda to give her some kind of offensive abilities with it somehow, same with Bonneys and Tokis DFs too. God even knows where Tokis DF is right now too! Along with Corazons...

But yeah I concur entirely anyway.

According to VC's Dragon doesn't have haki either lol
That's probably because Dragon's vivre card is pre timeskip.

Some of the characters with pre timeskip vivre cards had no haki listed for them.

There is also a vivre card website where they would fix any mistakes, for example Neko's vivre card had no haki listed for him but the website fixed that and added haki for him.

Yet the website never did that for the Vinsmokes.

Oh no, the story we all enjoy will maybe go on a little longer. What misfortune.

And all those ppl who say they got bored or whatever should really grow up and question their ability to perceive a story or art.

Oda and his team are masters at pacing. If he didn't design the chapters the way they are, we would be either massively confused or bored for real because the right amount of ingredients is what makes a chapter a good one. If you care only for one-liners, action and simple plot that feeds content to your brain to consume without thinking, go watch some marvel crap.
most based opinion here