[FNZ] Role Madness Round 08: Tokyo Ghoul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogard

You can't win
Wait, how do the phases work? We have 2 days for a DAY PHASE and 2 for a NIGHT PHASE?
Playing dumb already? Opening post already said everything
Day Start - This game will begin with a Day phase. Day 1 will exceptionally last 48 hours..
Phase Length - The game is divided into cycles. Each cycle consists of 2 phases, a day phase, and a night phase. Each phase will last 24 hours, with the exception of D1. If you do not post or send an action within the time limit, I reserve the right to replace you.
Noctis alreaady said DP1 only exceptionally lasted 48h.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I know zero about the manga lmao. I chose to read Akame Ga Kiru over it back when they were new.

20 person game... That's intimidating. I think we'll have 4 Mafia/Scum faction, and probably 2 Independents. I'm guessing 1 Independent could be more neutral, like survivor or Jester. And the other is a killing role.

But with no claims alllowed to any extent... This is gonna be hard for me.
Is this your scum excuse ? :whitepress:
:queenhear:

Is this a question meant to build suspicion on me? Cause that's what I'm hearing!

Bogard

You can't win
I was just quoting as I read the thread. Sorry for trying to understand the game so I can be a productive player. You'd rather I just sit back and not make conversation? Suspicious.
So you somehow managed to read past this
It is also 2 days for 1 day phase. I haven't played a game with mechanic like this.

15 players we have 24 hours for 1 day phase.

20 players we have 48 hours for 1 day phase.
And know that no claims were allowed
But with no claims alllowed to any extent... This is gonna be hard for me.
But didn't read the part where it was stated DP1 was exceptionally 48h :sticky:

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
So you somehow managed to read past this

And know that no claims were allowed

But didn't read the part where it was stated DP1 was exceptionally 48h :sticky:
Well, I read the OP post but I got really confused when the poster above mentioned a 48 hour day phase. It was easier to ask about it then to go up and reread.

But what's the issue with... Asking a question?

Bogard

You can't win
Well, I read the OP post but I got really confused when the poster above mentioned a 48 hour day phase. It was easier to ask about it then to go up and reread.

But what's the issue with... Asking a question?
How so ? Neutral isn't the host and is less experienced than you in mafia game. Noctis' wordings should have been more trustworthy for you.
There is no issue in asking questions though, but i'm questioning the credibility of your claim

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
How so ? Neutral isn't the host and is less experienced than you in mafia game. Noctis' wordings should have been more trustworthy for you.
There is no issue in asking questions though, but i'm questioning the credibility of your claim
The credability of me just getting online, reading the thread, seeing Neutral's commentary and being confused? Wanting to clear it up, I just... Ask the active posters to clarify?

Why does that strike you as odd, Bogard? Do you discourage us from being informed / active? Would you rather I keep my mouth shut and work on possibly faulty rule information?

Bogard

You can't win
The credability of me just getting online, reading the thread, seeing Neutral's commentary and being confused? Wanting to clear it up, I just... Ask the active posters to clarify?

Why does that strike you as odd, Bogard? Do you discourage us from being informed / active? Would you rather I keep my mouth shut and work on possibly faulty rule information?
Once again, there was nothing wrong in you asking a question for informative/activity purposes. My issue is more around the credibility of your claims. You even admitted to have read the opening post actually, but wanted to ask a less experienced mafia player about setups

Instead of possibly notifying him about what you read in opening post, which sounded like playing dumb as mentioned above

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Once again, there was nothing wrong in you asking a question for informative/activity purposes. My issue is more around the credibility of your claims. You even admitted to have read the opening post actually, but wanted to ask a less experienced mafia player about setups

Instead of possibly notifying him about what you read in opening post, which sounded like playing dumb as mentioned above
???!

Am I not allowed to be confused / uninformed on a topic? Yeah, I read the OP and then the write up, but when I saw the post by Neutral Watcher, I didn't remember seeing anything about 48 hour Nights and Day phases. So I asked as I continued reading the thread.

It's literally just me gaining information as I wanted to be as caught up as possible so I could participate. There's no malicious bend here, Bogard. Maybe try working with me for a change instead of being hung up on my... Second post here.

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
The OP implies that a (perhaps the) scum faction is Aogiri Tree. CCG could also be Scum as well, as Anteiku seems to be Town. So we might have two Scum factions. However we aren't allowed to flavour claim, so I think trying to figure out the game based on flavour is not informative and ultimately just a distraction. The Tokyo Ghoul theme is there to make being a host more enjoyable for @Noctis, and appears to be all there is to it in this game. With flavour claims resulting in Mod Kills we can't really infer the set up from the flavour except by watching the flips of those that die.

I agree that there are at least 4 Scum in the game.
I agree with this posts two main points, that from the write up it looks like Aogiri Tree are mafia. And the other one that there's no point in trying to uncover the flavours according to the manga right now because that would be treading really close to revealing one's character roles. We should put a pin on this and come back when there is a bit more info from lynches or night kills.

As for setup, the Dressrosa game had 16 players with 4 mafia and 2 indie. So I think this game with 20, it will probably be 4 to 5 mafia and maybe 2 indie. I have yet to see a game with 3 indie so maybe someone with more experience can clarify if that's a possible set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.